My phones battery has tanked, ever since I updated my OS to the new 5.0 OS.

I took it to the store and they are now gonna send me a replacement phone. Will it be a Storm 2 that arrives in the mail?
    01-11-10 11:43 PM
    No, it won't be.
    01-11-10 11:47 PM
    Let me know if it is , because then I'll break mine
    01-11-10 11:49 PM
    no chance in ****....im shocked they will give you a new phone and not a new battery
    01-11-10 11:56 PM
    I've heard rumors, months ago, of people getting Storm 2s...

Anyway, will this new screen work better?
    01-12-10 12:03 AM
    Nope...won't be a new one. My girlfirend has gone through 4 Storms all refurbished. The rule is....if you go through 3 refurbished phones all within 90days, only then will they replace with a new one.
    01-12-10 12:14 AM
    Anyway to "accidentally" on purpose sabatoge the refurb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 09:35 AM
    I took my Toyota Corolla in to the dealer because it had a bad battery. When I pick it up, do you think they'll have replaced it with a Lexus IS? I sure hope so!
    01-12-10 09:58 AM
    If your Toyota Corolla was known to have a ton of problems, Toyota would stop making it and replace it with something that works.
    01-12-10 11:29 AM
    As stated before, there is like a less than 1% chance you will get a storm 2. You will just end up getting a refurb storm 1 and then if you continue to have problems they will prolly upgrade you after you've been through the 3 storms in 90 days.
    01-12-10 12:21 PM
    i went through 3 storms within 90 days, now on my 7th before 6mths .... and was never offered a new phone of choice ... hmmm ???
    01-12-10 12:25 PM
    Good to know, thanks.
    01-12-10 12:28 PM
    Darn - the hard keys finally died on my Storm 1 and I was about to head to the store hoping the replacement would be a 2. We shall see...I'll report back if I strike pay dirt!
    01-12-10 01:02 PM
    i went through 3 storms within 90 days, now on my 7th before 6mths .... and was never offered a new phone of choice ... hmmm ???
    Sometimes you need to say something to them. Say something like "I've been through x amount of phones and I'm still having problems" if you want to upgrade or change then that's what I would say.
    01-12-10 01:10 PM
    Ooooh, that's an idea.

Is the Storm 2 even better? Does the screen press down as nicely as the original Storm? I tried one in the store, but I couldn't really tell.
    01-12-10 01:19 PM
    I'm on my forth replacement and I asked if there was a number that they will up grade to the storm 2 and they said when your upgrade is available. I thought it was worth a try. Every replacement I get something is wrong with it or something won't run on it that has ran on the rest. This time it's wb elite.
    01-12-10 01:22 PM
    Sometimes you need to say something to them. Say something like "I've been through x amount of phones and I'm still having problems" if you want to upgrade or change then that's what I would say.
    on my 6th replacement, the vzw tech told me that it was then that i could argue to get a new phone (smh)
    01-12-10 01:55 PM
    Try going through customer support. They're usually easier to deal with than the in store reps.
    01-12-10 02:12 PM
    If you do not get anywhere with the store after multiple replacements for the same issues sent a note to the better business burrito and let them know the history with the device and that you would like for verizon to replace it with a device of equal value for the original pursuance price. Chances are you'll get a call a few weeks later offering a replacement.
    01-12-10 03:13 PM
    I'm on my forth replacement and I asked if there was a number that they will up grade to the storm 2 and they said when your upgrade is available. I thought it was worth a try. Every replacement I get something is wrong with it or something won't run on it that has ran on the rest. This time it's wb elite.

I had problems getting wb elite transferred over from my 9530 to my 9550.
    I have two things for you to try that worked for me.
    First if you changed devices( pin numbers) you will need a new activation code. I emailed wb tech support and they responded with a new code the next day.
    My second problem happened with appworld not letting me log in to redownload my paid apps after a device switch. Turns out I had an expired credit card as a backup funding source on my paypal even though paypal draws directly from my checking account. It always said unable to authenticate user try later. Once I updated the credit card on paypal appworld logged in right away no problems. Downloaded wbe after entered new code and haven't had any problems since.
    I don't know if that's your problem. Hope this helps.

01-12-10 03:50 PM
    VZW rep was very helpful (called the warranty number) but it's just a S1 replacement. 'Course this is only my first bite at the apple.
    On a related annoying note, I backed up everything before doing a security wipe on the old one (rep wanted to try this to see if it restored hard key functions) and lost all my third party apps and pictures! I can get the apps back but it's still annoying. At least the contacts and calendar survived.
    01-12-10 04:12 PM
    My first storm lasted me along time. 1 week ago It came out of the holster while I was on a ladder and it hit the floor and broke the screen. I called asurion and paid the 50.00 deductible and received storm replacement 1. The same day I received it the cover over the camera fell off. Called them and they sent storm replacement 2. Received it in the mail today. The bottom buttons work when they want to. Called them up and now there sending me a brand spanking new storm2.

01-12-10 05:16 PM
    My first storm lasted me along time. 1 week ago It came out of the holster while I was on a ladder and it hit the floor and broke the screen. I called asurion and paid the 50.00 deductible and received storm replacement 1. The same day I received it the cover over the camera fell off. Called them and they sent storm replacement 2. Received it in the mail today. The bottom buttons work when they want to. Called them up and now there sending me a brand spanking new storm2.

so you're getting a storm2 from the insurance company or from vzw ?!?!?
    01-12-10 05:43 PM
    Asurion. The insurance company

01-12-10 06:09 PM
    Y'all are nuts.

The device is warranted for a year against defects and within that warranty period, the obligation is that defective units will be replaced with like items, not something better.

If an individual store or dealer decides to upgrade you out of the "kindness of their hearts", then that's one thing. But setting the expectation that someone should get something newer or better than what they had or that they are otherwise entitled to something better is just flat out wrong.

And to demand anything different of a dealer or retail outlet just makes you look like a fool. Even with insurance, Asurion or any other provider is only obligated to replace the defective or damaged unit with the same type of equipment. If the same or comparable equipment isn't available, then, and only then, at their discretion, might they decide to send you something newer or better.

Just my two cents.

And I used to have a Storm and now have a Storm2 and I'm ROUGH on both. I drop them, put them places they shouldn't go like in a steamy bathroom on the back of a toilet while I shower, in sandy backpacks at the beach. I've never ONCE had any problems. Both have performed flawlessly as long as the software is kept updated. What the heck are you people on your fourth, fifth, seventh, twentieth devices DOING to them?!
    Last edited by JeffLA; 01-15-10 at 02:40 PM.
    01-15-10 02:37 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD