I ordered my storm on the release date and received it about 3 days later. I had the typical problems everyone has mentioned including the click screen not working too well, and the lag. I did the business card trick behind the battery, as well as upgraded to .76 and I love the phone.

The only problem I've had now is that the green call button does not work unless i press it down very hard. This is a physical defect, not an OS error.

I called Verizon, was on hold for about 2 mins, spoke to a Tech rep and within 3 mins, he had processed the order to send me a *NEW*, not refurbished phone. It will be here Tuesday, without a battery and rear cover. Apparently I switch my memory card, and just send the other back.

We'll see how it goes on Monday or Tuesday when I receive the phone.

Have some faith in Verizon people, patience will be rewarded with this phone.
    12-11-08 03:04 PM
    Received my replacement from Verizon on Monday. I strongly suggest if you have done the business card trick, to call Verizon and have them send you a replacement before your 30 day warranty expires. The new phone I received was made in Canada, the original was in Mexico. I dont know if thats the major difference, but the screen click is perfect without the business card, which is comforting. All the buttons work, and the phone came with the Verizon .75 OS. I've already updated it to the Bell .76 and it is running as fast as can be. I've removed a bunch of apps I dont use and consolidated folders as well. Before you complain about your phone, take some time to help yourself, or call Verizon. Best thing i've done since i got the phone!
    12-17-08 09:33 AM
    Ordered my new storm yesterday... I got mine mailed to me the day after launch and it was working great until about the end of last week. The touch screen got hard to press in landscape mode right by the Q and the P.. caled verizon after about 10 mins on the phone the guy said it defenitly sounds like a hardware issue (Duh.. ) But he was really nice said ill have mine by thursday. Ill post how the new one is... I think my current one is made in mexico don't know if that matters... other than this screen issue my phone has worked great... and even better after the update.. Hope the new one will be even better
    12-17-08 09:48 AM
    If you're just getting a phone with no battery or rear cover, I doubt it's new. The phones come from RIM to Verizon packaged will all accessories. I highly doubt Verizon is ripping apart brand new phones and then shipping them out as replacements. The phone you're getting is probably refurbished.
    12-17-08 10:01 AM
    If you're just getting a phone with no battery or rear cover, I doubt it's new. The phones come from RIM to Verizon packaged will all accessories. I highly doubt Verizon is ripping apart brand new phones and then shipping them out as replacements. The phone you're getting is probably refurbished.
    -p-u-b-l-i-c- -s-e-r-v-i-c-e- -a-n-n-o-u-n-c-e-m-e-n-t-

Whip.. Bang.. Clash.. Smack.. Kick..

STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE ALREADY!
    12-17-08 10:08 AM
    When I spoke to the Verizon Rep, I asked if the phone was new or refurb'd. Lying or not, he said the phone hasn't been out long enough to have refurbished models so they are sending out new replacements as of now. This could change i'm sure. When I received the phone, it had the rear cover, all the plastic guards on it, no memory card and no battery. It was in a small box they provided. If this isnt new, its the cleanest refurb i've ever seen.
    12-17-08 11:56 AM
    When I spoke to the Verizon Rep, I asked if the phone was new or refurb'd. Lying or not, he said the phone hasn't been out long enough to have refurbished models so they are sending out new replacements as of now. This could change i'm sure. When I received the phone, it had the rear cover, all the plastic guards on it, no memory card and no battery. It was in a small box they provided. If this isnt new, its the cleanest refurb i've ever seen.

This is how my replacement that I received yesterday came. It works perfectly so I'm happy, even if it is a refurb.
    12-17-08 11:59 AM
    This is how my replacement that I received yesterday came. It works perfectly so I'm happy, even if it is a refurb.
    Amen. Phone couldnt be better now.
    12-18-08 09:23 AM
    My replacement came in brown box...VZ swears that any returns within warranty period must be replaced by new unit and that units returned for a swap within 30 days are sent back to RIMM...Love my second Storm....clicks great!
    12-18-08 09:25 AM
    Well my replacement just got shipped to my house. I am so worried about it. My original was perfect, fast, great screen, just the send call button is about to fall off for no reason. I hope this replacement is just as good with better buttons. I'll find out when I get out of work in a few hours.
    12-18-08 09:26 AM
    i was planning on going to the store to get a replacement. that is what the rep told me to do on the phone. thoughts?
    Last edited by stormynights; 12-18-08 at 09:54 AM.
    12-18-08 09:47 AM
    i was planning on going to the store to get a replacement. that is what the rep told me to do on the phone. thoughts?
    I did that. It'd be very rare for the store to actually have it in stock. They had to order me one from the store
    12-18-08 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD