I have seen numerous times where people have said there are 2 versions of the Storm2 screen. I only seem to see one version of the LCD replacement online.

I know the Storm1 had 2 different screen versions . . . but is that really the case of the Storm2 or are people just confused.

I have the Verizon 9550 version . . I have seen online postings that said LCD was for GSM version only. Are there really 2 and if so which model would my phone have (without completely taking mine apart - I don't have the wrench to do so currently).

I know I could just buy the digitizer to fix but sounds like not the easiest or always best choice.

Thanks for any help!
    05-18-10 08:30 PM
    From what i've been reading there are 2 different types and neither of those work for the VZW phone.

I guess the only real way to know for sure is to pull the phone apart and read the part number on the LCD ribbon and see which version it is. Hopefully you'll get lucky and its one of the versions available.

I'm planning on doing the digitizer replacement.
    05-19-10 10:03 AM
    Well I went ahead and purchased just the digitizer then . . I was hoping to avoid headaches and just get the whole unit. I'll post back what part number is on the ribbon once I take my phone apart this weekend (hopefully get digitizer by Friday).
    05-19-10 12:32 PM
    Take some good breakdown pics for us that will be doing this soon More pics never hurt!
    Well I went ahead and purchased just the digitizer then . . I was hoping to avoid headaches and just get the whole unit. I'll post back what part number is on the ribbon once I take my phone apart this weekend (hopefully get digitizer by Friday).
    05-19-10 03:17 PM
    Ok replacing digitizer today . . so far not bad. Worst part seemed to be when getting the LCD out removing the back metal part from the back of the LCD.

Found that the bottom hole looking at the front of the LCD you can push out the piece that is in the way of the hole. Doing that just need to pry up the metal back to feed the cable through - don't have to get it all the way off.

FYI - number on the ribbon cable says 183908Q

print on back of the metal panel attached to the lcd says:

264-09-HIP-01-REVL-A
    ASY-23776-001
    HDW-23777-001

This is a Verizon Storm 2 I have had since launch.
    05-22-10 07:21 AM
    Well guess what - found out that somehow the clip on the back of the touch screen that holds the ribbon for the digitizer - the clip broke and one of the pins came loose.

Total bust now - I'd have the replace the whole touch screen/digitizer combo now. Looks like I'm getting new one.

Darn it - so close to perfect fix. If not for the clip breaking I had the whole thing back together and would have worked.
    05-22-10 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD