ok so i called verizon eysterday and told them how my screen was having the clicking problem, (im not going to settle fixing it myself i paid for a a full functioning phone and thats what i expect.) they told me it would ship out yesterday andd arrive at my house friday,, meaning tomorrow. the only problem is i called today to get the tracking number and also asked if i was getting a brand new phone and they told me it was a "like new" phone, and really i didnt even want to deal with it.

what do i have to do in order to get a NEW phone to replace this defected one that i got?
    12-11-08 04:53 PM
    ok so i called verizon eysterday and told them how my screen was having the clicking problem, (im not going to settle fixing it myself i paid for a a full functioning phone and thats what i expect.) they told me it would ship out yesterday andd arrive at my house friday,, meaning tomorrow. the only problem is i called today to get the tracking number and also asked if i was getting a brand new phone and they told me it was a "like new" phone, and really i didnt even want to deal with it.

what do i have to do in order to get a NEW phone to replace this defected one that i got?
    I just received my replacement phone today. I got my original on launch day and have the screen click problem. I used the cardboard behind the battery fix and it works amazing, but like most I don't want this to be the long term fix.

My replacement is identical to the original. Same model, original .65 OS and same screen click problem. I assumed it was brand new, but maybe it's not. Either way, I'm off the VZ store tomorrow to show them what I received and demand another new one.
    12-11-08 04:58 PM
    wow this is what we pay for? waste our time in the verizon store to get a functioning phone..

did it come in a brown box or in the BB box?
    12-11-08 05:01 PM
    anyonee? =/ how did u guys get ur phones? were they new or "like new" ?
    12-11-08 05:14 PM
    When the tech was ordering my phone, I specifically told him that I would like a brand-new order... not like-new or refurb... NEW.

Not once did he say he was sending me anything like-new or refurb... in fact, he told me he was putting the order in as a NEW ORDER and not warranty replacement.
    12-11-08 05:17 PM
    wow this is what we pay for? waste our time in the verizon store to get a functioning phone..

did it come in a brown box or in the BB box?
    BB Box. packaging looks new in every way. Maybe it was indeed new (as in unused), but its clearly not an updated model in any way.
    12-11-08 05:18 PM
    hmm ok well now its to late to do that "i want a new phone thing" since its being delivered tmw .. but i will see if its not new i will call and demand a new one.. afterall that is what i paid for.. correct me if im wrong.
    12-11-08 05:24 PM
    That's what I told him.
    12-11-08 05:25 PM
    I had a ton of dust under the screen of my original. I wen to the store, and had a new one ordered. Got it yesterday. Came in a sealed BB box with all the trimmings.
    12-11-08 05:25 PM
    When the tech was ordering my phone, I specifically told him that I would like a brand-new order... not like-new or refurb... NEW.

Not once did he say he was sending me anything like-new or refurb... in fact, he told me he was putting the order in as a NEW ORDER and not warranty replacement.
    That's what I was told the tech I talked to. My first replacement turned out to be a warranty replacement. When I called again, the tech told me that I would be getting a new storm. I asked if there was a way to be sure that I would be in fact getting a brand new storm as oppose to a refurb or warranty replacement. He told me that there were two different ordering procedures. The tech told me that the first replacement was ordered as a warranty replacement and that the CSR that told me it would be brand new... was wrong. It did come in a brand new box with new components and the goods but was a replacement. The tech told me that he was entering it as a brand new order.

I spoke to the tech on Dec 5. Yesterday I have received an email from Verizon telling me that my order was being processed and today received another saying my order was being shipped. I didnt receive any notices at all when the first replacement was being sent. I'm feeling confident now that I will be receiving a brand new storm.
    12-11-08 07:02 PM
    Just got my replacement and it came in a brown box with just the phone and back door battery cover........works perfectly and could honestly care less if my replacement was a "like new" or brand spankin new as long as it works right! Screen on my "plain brown box" replacement clicks evenly everywhere and came with OS .75 installed right out the box. Couldn't be happier
    12-11-08 08:07 PM
    Mine also came in a plain brown box but it works! I wonder how many people had to get replacements.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 08:44 PM
    i hope i get the good one, " like new " or new whichever just one that works great
    12-11-08 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD