So I just got a replacement Storm...and it came in the retail box all nice and shiny.....but I know I need to send back basically everything aside from my phone (I called in and they said keep your back plate, batter, mem card....

Well....would they ever notice if i just kinda kept the new back plate and swapped out my battery for the new one in the box? ****..ive had this batter since 11/21....its OLD now!
    01-22-09 03:21 PM
    wait what? are you keeping the replacement or the original?
    01-22-09 07:12 PM
    The replacement...but should i keep the NEW battery and/or back plate that they sent out......lol

It IS easier to get forgiveness than permission....
    01-22-09 07:32 PM
    They would probably never notice. Just package them up and send it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 07:32 PM
    if they sent you a new phone with all the accessories, you can keep all the new ones, it doesn't really make a difference. If they wanted you to keep all your old accessories, they would have just sent you the phone only.
    01-22-09 08:02 PM
    Keep the new stuff!
    I got a replacement (my original is a launch day). Replacement is refurbished, hardware is far worse than the one I have, so replacement is going back. Lucky you to get all new everything!

Edit: Rereading, kind of sounds like they're wrongly thinking you got a refurb, not all new.
    My refurb has no backplate, sim or media card.
    Last edited by periwinklemoon; 01-22-09 at 08:22 PM.
    01-22-09 08:19 PM
    I feel I was due this though....lol.....I called in for a replacement back in December and they sent me the brown box refurb special, when they were SUPPOSE to have sent a brand new one (since it was within the initial 30 days...)....
    01-23-09 09:07 AM
    Mine was ordered before the 1/15 extended deadline but still got white box refurb. Wish I had gotten new. My refurb didn't even look inspected. I have no way of verfiying that, but it came with fingerprints all over the thing and some scratches on screen protector. Could have been done at VZW, but it looked like a return that got new clear stickers slapped on and shipped right back out again.

Seems to be hit or miss what people get for replacement (new, refurb).
    01-23-09 09:59 AM
    1/15 deadline is for FULL RETURNS and EXCHANGES for different device. This DOES NOT pertain to replacements. If replacing, you only get the 30 day Worry Free Guarantee. After 30 days, you get refurbs.

BROWN box are NEW and faster way for VZ to send out replacements. If you're having problems with phone, there really is no reason to send you accessories again. If you wanted NEW in box, take it to the store but they want all original stuff from original phone to be returned as well.
    WHITE box are CLN (Certified Like New) and these are real refurbs.

As for fingerprints on the White box...who you think puts the phones in the boxes? Human people. Same for Brown box. If it was a BRAND NEW and Sealed retail box with fingerprints, that needs explaining.
    01-23-09 10:59 AM
    guess morals don't exist any more
    01-23-09 11:09 AM
    As for fingerprints on the White box...who you think puts the phones in the boxes? Human people. Same for Brown box. If it was a BRAND NEW and Sealed retail box with fingerprints, that needs explaining.
    Silly me, I thought it was people of the non-human variety that put the thing in the box.

You can lecture if you like, but I'd bet if you received what I did, you'd question it too. There were scratches on the screen protector, with the clear VZQ Certified labels plastered over that. Just like my screen protector looks now, that's been on since 11/21 and needs to be changed. Add to that the blatantly obvious loose red key that's ready to pop off and touchscreen that does squat in several areas and it makes one wonder what's so refurbished about it. I'm not whining about cosmetic gunk here. This replacement is badly flawed and looks like it sailed in the door and right back out on the market again. Oh, and in my situation, I did start at the store. I needed help with white screens, upon inspection they noted a couple things they perceived to be hardware flaws and said they'd order a brand new phone (I didn't ask), as they had none in stock. They can keep the crap they sent me as a replacement, I'm better off with the original.

guess morals don't exist any more
    If someone gets an entirely new phone set (as the OP stated), one can logically conclude the customer was meant to keep the entire set. Not dismantle it and send back a hodge podge of new and old mixed. That's not immoral. It's logic.
    01-23-09 05:35 PM
    Silly me, I thought it was people of the non-human variety that put the thing in the box.

You can lecture if you like, but I'd bet if you received what I did, you'd question it too. There were scratches on the screen protector, with the clear VZQ Certified labels plastered over that. Just like my screen protector looks now, that's been on since 11/21 and needs to be changed. Add to that the blatantly obvious loose red key that's ready to pop off and touchscreen that does squat in several areas and it makes one wonder what's so refurbished about it. I'm not whining about cosmetic gunk here. This replacement is badly flawed and looks like it sailed in the door and right back out on the market again. Oh, and in my situation, I did start at the store. I needed help with white screens, upon inspection they noted a couple things they perceived to be hardware flaws and said they'd order a brand new phone (I didn't ask), as they had none in stock. They can keep the crap they sent me as a replacement, I'm better off with the original.
    If I was passed my 30 days and they sent me a refurb, I didnt care how the protector is. It can be replaced with a different screen protector and so as long the phone works. If it didnt, its a different story. If the refurb is flawed, call back VZ and tell them to send another one. B!tching on the forums isnt going to get you a replacement.

You do know that the factory screen protector is just a protector during shipping and not a real screen protector.

Lecture? I was stating the facts.

If someone gets an entirely new phone set (as the OP stated), one can logically conclude the customer was meant to keep the entire set. Not dismantle it and send back a hodge podge of new and old mixed. That's not immoral. It's logic.
    You're not even dismantling. All you have to do is take your original phone that needs to be replaced and place it in the box that came with the new phone (obviously you swap the black box as it has your new PIN# and phone information). A USB cable is a USB cable. A charger is a charger. Its not tied specifically to your phone. They wouldnt even care if its used or if it was brand new and never been used. All they care is that they get the phone back and accessories.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 01-23-09 at 06:04 PM.
    01-23-09 05:59 PM
    Oh, geez.
    Of course ******** on a forum is not going to get me a replacment, which is why I have already addressed this with VZW.
    Just because I didn't broadcast that here doesn't mean I've done nothing.

As for the rest, I was simply pointing out to the OP what my experience was, and if s/he was lucky enough to get new, then take it, because we both got our phones on 11/21, and what's getting shipped to some is not what's getting shipped to others. As I was told by VZW reps, and as stated on my receipt, "all purchases made between November 16 and December 15 maybe be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2009." , overriding the traditional '30 day rule' for phones purchased within the aforementioned time frame.

I'm done, with apologies to the OP.
    Last edited by periwinklemoon; 01-23-09 at 06:56 PM.
    01-23-09 06:54 PM
    wait what? are you keeping the replacement or the original?
    I thought it was obvious he's keeping the NEW replacement and sending back the old one, sheesh. Reading Comp 101 FTL.
    01-23-09 07:05 PM
    Oh, geez.
    Of course ******** on a forum is not going to get me a replacment, which is why I have already addressed this with VZW.
    Just because I didn't broadcast that here doesn't mean I've done nothing.

As for the rest, I was simply pointing out to the OP what my experience was, and if s/he was lucky enough to get new, then take it, because we both got our phones on 11/21, and what's getting shipped to some is not what's getting shipped to others. As I was told by VZW reps, and as stated on my receipt, "all purchases made between November 16 and December 15 maybe be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2009." , overriding the traditional '30 day rule' for phones purchased within the aforementioned time frame.

I'm done, with apologies to the OP.
    Maybe you should learn not to trust all reps and ask for clarification instead of assuming. As you stated "returned" as in for a refund and return of phone to VZ or "exchanged" as in for a different device other than a Storm such as a Curve, Pearl, Voyager, etc. This was a holiday policy as people buy other people phones/service as gifts and not everyone will like it. That is why the deadline was set in place. Anything purchased before Dec 15th would be more than 30 days. So for those who bought it as a gift between 11/15-12/15 can return/exchange by the 1/15.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/ru...erizon-128050/

The 1/15 cutoff date is to CANCEL the line, not to get a new phone if yours is broken! If you are past 30 days, you get a refurb.
    01-23-09 07:08 PM
    1/15 deadline is for FULL RETURNS and EXCHANGES for different device. This DOES NOT pertain to replacements. If replacing, you only get the 30 day Worry Free Guarantee. After 30 days, you get refurbs.
    Tell that to Verizon Wireless (over the phone)
    I called on January 15th to get a replacement, OR to return the phone and they were unaware of this. Luckily I persevered and eventually received a BRAND NEW IN THE BOX FACTORY SEALED STORM...
    BROWN box are NEW and faster way for VZ to send out replacements. If you're having problems with phone, there really is no reason to send you accessories again. If you wanted NEW in box, take it to the store but they want all original stuff from original phone to be returned as well.
    WHITE box are CLN (Certified Like New) and these are real refurbs.
    I don't know what you are smoking but a brand new BB Storm come in a white outer box and Black inner box

In the end all that matters is IF the phone works the way it should.
    Defective parts are replaced with new parts...So it means nothing as far as the designation of new or refurbished...
    Last edited by SilvioBenussi; 01-23-09 at 07:27 PM.
    01-23-09 07:15 PM
    Maybe you should learn not to trust all reps and ask for clarification instead of assuming. As you stated "returned" as in for a refund and return of phone to VZ or "exchanged" as in for a different device other than a Storm such as a Curve, Pearl, Voyager, etc. This was a holiday policy as people buy other people phones/service as gifts and not everyone will like it. That is why the deadline was set in place. Anything purchased before Dec 15th would be more than 30 days. So for those who bought it as a gift between 11/15-12/15 can return/exchange by the 1/15.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/ru...erizon-128050/
    Maybe YOU should learn to STFU before you regurgitate 2nd hand information designed to lie to people on their behalf

The receipt does NOT specify WHAT the exchange designation IS, does it?
    NO...

Verizon Wireless, the entity over the phone did not know of this promotion..
    Granted, I had a Verizon Corporate store VERIFY the lingo on the receipt, and HE (the store manager) corroborated my information, and I was granted a replacement, BECAUSE of my issues that began to happen in the latter stages of my return policy (Jan1st-15th)

If you *think* you knew that, you're SOL, pal.
    I have my .75 preinstalled factory fresh Storm in my hand and it is flawless, and works perfect, without any issue or problem related to its screen ,touch and its portrait to landscape switching...It's all done right...
    01-23-09 07:21 PM
    I don't know what you are smoking but a brand new BB Storm come in a white outer box and Black inner box
    Really? I thought the Storm come in a big box covered in 14k gold. Before you assume cuz when you assume, you make an @$$ out of you not me, the white box I am referring to is big enough to hold the phone only...similar to that of the brown box. Learn to read the thread I linked to before you ask what I'm smoking. Maybe I should of explained myself more clearly that a kindergarten kid can understand.

Maybe YOU should learn to STFU before you regurgitate 2nd hand information designed to lie to people on their behalf

The receipt does NOT specify WHAT the exchange designation IS, does it?
    NO...

Verizon Wireless, the entity over the phone did not know of this promotion..
    Granted, I had a Verizon Corporate store VERIFY the lingo on the receipt, and HE (the store manager) corroborated my information, and I was granted a replacement, BECAUSE of my issues that began to happen in the latter stages of my return policy (Jan1st-15th)

If you *think* you knew that, you're SOL, pal.
    I have my .75 preinstalled factory fresh Storm in my hand and it is flawless, and works perfect, without any issue or problem related to its screen ,touch and its portrait to landscape switching...It's all done right...
    Information is coming from a rep who worked for Verizon (at the time who got fired for posting the information in the link. VZ fired him because he posted internal information. If it wasnt legit, he wouldnt have been fired). He worked in the call center who took request/complaints like yours for replacements. Before you tell me to STFU, maybe you should go and read the thread.

Granted, some reps know their stuff and others dont but majority of the people dont. You mention about the dust or clicking issue and they will tell you that it is the first time they are hearing of this. With all these complaints people having and returns and this is the first time? I know for damn sure these reps dont take 1 phone call and thats it. They take multiple within their 8 hour work day. Go to a store and they'll tell you the same thing. But yet, when you call or go to the store and tell them you have dust issue, some will say its not a defect. Even though Ratbert got fired for posting information on replacements, I'll take his word over majority of the customer service reps. He posted information on phones being labeled CLN while a normal rep on the phone or store wouldnt even know what they come in. After he posted this information, some users received small white boxes with the phone only (no SIM or battery door) with CLN sticker on it.

When did you get your phone? If you're within 30 days of ordering the phone, you're guaranteed a replacement

I have TWO Storms that had .75 preinstalled and both built on 12/30. One made in Canada and one made in Mexico. Both with no clicking issues or dust. I had previous Storms made in November and even though they had no clicking issues, they had dust issues. VZ customer service rep fulfilled my replacements each time I called. I called before the 1/15 deadline and each time asked when I got the phone. Why? To see if I was under the 30 day Worry Free Guarantee....NOT the 1/15. I called before Xmas and right after New Years.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 01-23-09 at 10:26 PM.
    01-23-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD