well i got my 3rd phone in the mail yesterday and i have to say i suppose i am happy. screen works much much better. feels firmer and presses all over including corners. what i am not happy about is this (btw made in canada as opposed to my first two and my wifes being from mexico, and is PRD 21009 hardware revision). my screen appears to be less sharp and has a blue tint to it. should i try yet again for another one or just be happy with what i got?
    12-12-08 05:57 AM
    you should change your username to mrungratefulIdeservetodiepiss

You are lucky. Don't waste the company's money unless it's a serious issue.
    12-12-08 06:03 AM

Oh that's profound.
    12-12-08 06:11 AM

I have some gum to sell you.

When you get it and it's used are you going to be grateful that you have some? or are you going to demand some unused gum.......i mean, the used gum still CHEWS.....it's just not a perfect rectangle.....

just sayin...
    12-12-08 06:13 AM

This is quite dumb to be frank...

instead of a insult offer advise.. maybe you will make a few friends instead of a bunch of people who dislike you...
    12-12-08 06:16 AM
    well i got my 3rd phone in the mail yesterday and i have to say i suppose i am happy. screen works much much better. feels firmer and presses all over including corners. what i am not happy about is this (btw made in canada as opposed to my first two and my wifes being from mexico, and is PRD 21009 hardware revision). my screen appears to be less sharp and has a blue tint to it. should i try yet again for another one or just be happy with what i got?

how bad if a discoloration is it..

and on a side note which I know this may not be true are you sure the factory screen films are all off?

My friends phone came and his you could barely tell there was a layer on there and he pealed it off..

if not then my bad but just a thought..

in any aspect if it bothers you to the point that you cant live with it then you spent money on something your not happy with.. however there is no guarentee that the new one would be any better.
    12-12-08 06:19 AM
    i agree with noaim. don't be rude whats the point?... but as far as mrfizzed's ( haha say that one out loud haha ) question i would wait a few days maybe the screen needs to get worn in a bit and maybe the blue will go away.. if not get another. in my opinion don't settle with it if you don't love it.. that's like buying a new car with a dent. you bought something that's supposed to be new and how you like it.. don't settle for less..
    12-12-08 06:23 AM
    how bad if a discoloration is it..

and on a side note which I know this may not be true are you sure the factory screen films are all off?

My friends phone came and his you could barely tell there was a layer on there and he pealed it off..

if not then my bad but just a thought..

in any aspect if it bothers you to the point that you cant live with it then you spent money on something your not happy with.. however there is no guarentee that the new one would be any better.

Also couldn't hurt to do a full wipe to reset to factory......possible that the contrast got fudged somewhere along the way.
    12-12-08 06:24 AM
    thanks to all, especially to the first poster, lol. well i am going to stick with it for a coulpe days and see if it wears on me. honestly though it is a very blue tint, a very "cold" appearance if you will. wish i could show you all.
    12-12-08 08:56 AM
    This is quite dumb to be frank...

instead of a insult offer advise.. maybe you will make a few friends instead of a bunch of people who dislike you...

I agree with you 100% What I see a lot of the times on forums all across the net is a lot of people telling other people off. Forums are a place for knowledge sharing and a place where people should be able to come and discuss in a "grown up" manner. Nobody said we can't have fun but when u take the 60 seconds to make a "F U" post instead of taking that time to make a post that's useful it doesn't exactly make it a fun environment. dude was asking a simple question and i'm sure all he wanted was a simple answer of what he would do if in a similar situation.
    [/endrant]

Back on topic... If I were you, I'd keep getting replacements until I was happy with the product.
    Last edited by whtciv2k; 12-12-08 at 09:47 AM.
    12-12-08 09:42 AM

ditto

my replacement phone had the blue tint too. it resembles when you change the color balance or tint on your monitor. nothing you can do about it so unless there's some other problem, you def should keep it.
    12-12-08 10:10 AM
    Screen colors are a function of the color temperature the device is set at most times. Like your computer monitor you can change it to match the room color temperature. I am guessing or suspect the Mexico versus Canada models may be a function of the settings they have in their devices. I have an early Canada model and my wife just got hers and is Mexico. Mine is the blueish and hers is more tinted to yellow. Others have had the opposite which would seem to support a screen temperature setting from the factory. So the question is, can we access that setting? Maybe not now but perphaps a 3rd party app to control it like computer monitors and home TVs? Just a thought. (BTW, I am taking mine back because the screen clicks are getting worse and wifes is great)

Gary
    12-12-08 10:23 AM
    My first unit (Mexico) clicked unevenly across the screen and also has the blueish tint to it. My replacement unit (Canada) clicks more evenly across the screen and has a yellowish tint to it. There is a pic showing this in another thread, but clearly people are receiving two differently calibrated screens.

I do prefer the screen on my replacement unit (yellow tint)...it is noticeably brighter and more vibrant and better contract IMO. Others are preferring the darker screen with those on the bluish tint...obviously a matter of individual preference.

If it were my choice, I would keep the unit with the better screen click and blueish tint screen. I never had a complaint about the color or sharpness on my old unit and would be happy if my new unit had the same blueish tint. I would not be happy though if my new unit clicked the same as the old one as it made typing on it a very frustrating experience.

Good luck!
    12-12-08 02:26 PM
    My replacement came in and when I'm looking at a white screen it looks light blue. I also noticed that the back light is not as bright on max. I have decided to attempt an in store replacement so i can see what I'm getting...
    12-12-08 02:35 PM
    I have the same issue with my phone.. Blue tint.. I compared it to a yellow one my mother has and the brightness on hers seems twice as high..

Mine on 80 equals hers on 40?????

Plus the screen doens't look as sharp
    12-17-08 05:37 PM
    So, I just got my new one fedexed to me... curious to see how it will run. I am running 0.76 from last nigth and I find it quicker but my typing has become laggy and I am noticing the keyboard not being as usable.

Let's see... All I know is I will eat Verizon alive ... if I dont get a good unit...
    I had them replace my unit for a very low cost as they tricked me into the curve and telling me that hte GPS works...

I have the same issue with my phone.. Blue tint.. I compared it to a yellow one my mother has and the brightness on hers seems twice as high..

Mine on 80 equals hers on 40?????

Plus the screen doens't look as sharp
    12-17-08 06:20 PM

LMFAO!!

You're my personal hero today!
    12-17-08 06:24 PM
    Seriously, all the people on here nitpicking about the most minor and insignificant nuances in the color of their display or the grain in the coat of paint on the inside of the battery cover... seriously... you guys need to try actually using the phone a bit instead of worrying how it looks.

If a variance in aesthetic doesn't impede performance or operation, why panic? You don't need anyone's advice on wether to be happy with what you have. If you don't like it, return it. Just be aware that what you get in return has no greater chance of pleasing you than what you got before.

IN SHORT - DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY!
    12-17-08 06:28 PM
    Got my replacement phone yesterday and also noticed that the new phone had a bluish tint... And when I held the two phones together, I could see a big difference in quality.... Both phones were manufactured in Canada.

Now ,, my first phone worked fine but had a defect in the hardware. There was a larger than normal gap in the seam of the phone. I took it back to the Verizon store where I bought it and they agreed it was a flawed device. The store didnt have any replacement units and advised that I'd have to go through CS to get a replacement..

Soooooooooooo,, An idea comes to mind... Why not switch the screens.... (which I've done hundreds of times with other phones while working for a small cellular co.) So, I carefully disassemble both units, noticing a couple small differences in the internal hardware.I carefully switch the screens and put the newer phone back together first. I pop the battery in and BAM!..... Blank screen The two screens were not interchangeable...UGH! lol
    12-18-08 12:41 AM
    Bumping an old thread to see if there's a solution. I just got a replacement through Assurion (on Verizon network) and it has the blue tint that the OP is talking about. I'm thinking about getting another replacement, but maybe somebody knows of a tweak.

Seriously, all the people on here nitpicking about the most minor and insignificant nuances in the color of their display or the grain in the coat of paint on the inside of the battery cover... seriously... you guys need to try actually using the phone a bit instead of worrying how it looks.

If a variance in aesthetic doesn't impede performance or operation, why panic? You don't need anyone's advice on wether to be happy with what you have. If you don't like it, return it. Just be aware that what you get in return has no greater chance of pleasing you than what you got before.

IN SHORT - DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY!
    It's not a minor nuance in the color. It is clearly blue. White's look blue, reds are all dull, everything just looks cold. I'm not a nitpicker, but this is clearly visible. This is a device that is based on viewing a screen. If you're new HDTV had a blue tint and you couldn't adjust it, I doubt you would just accept it.
    04-16-10 12:38 PM
    Bumping an old thread to see if there's a solution. I just got a replacement through Assurion (on Verizon network) and it has the blue tint that the OP is talking about. I'm thinking about getting another replacement, but maybe somebody knows of a tweak.

It's not a minor nuance in the color. It is clearly blue. White's look blue, reds are all dull, everything just looks cold. I'm not a nitpicker, but this is clearly visible. This is a device that is based on viewing a screen. If you're new HDTV had a blue tint and you couldn't adjust it, I doubt you would just accept it.

if i were to get a replacement, and it has a blue or any other tint which is supposed to not be, i would take it back and get it exchanged until it is resolved.
    04-17-10 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD