I got a replacement 9530 last Thursday and have not been able to get a steady 1XEV signal on this replacement. It has pretty much locked into a 1X signal in areas where I used to get 1XEV.

Is anyone else having this problem on their devices this past weekend or can I pretty much assume this device needs to go back? I just wanted to make sure this issue isn't isolated to my device.

I've tried .75, .141, and a 5.0/.141 hybrid with no noticeable improvement in signal quality.

Thanks!
    05-18-09 01:01 PM
    2 things re-register with network see my sig and second update by *228 option 2
    05-18-09 01:03 PM
    Did you try *228

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 01:03 PM
    Yeah, did all those things. Even did the ##000000 screen and replaced entries with 0000001234 and re-activated.

One other thing I forgot to mention, when I was switching my BIS account over to this PIN, it wouldn't let me do it through the website. I had to call in to VZW and they had to do it manually. The tech mentioned something of the affect that this device was registered to a different carrier? Seemed odd.
    05-18-09 01:05 PM
    Have you tried to see if "data services" is set to on? also check your "network connections" to see if it 1XEVDO is also turned on. I know it's something simple. but some people forget those little tweaks
    05-18-09 01:16 PM
    Wait a minute VZW told you that the device was registered to another carrier????
    This is a replacement device from VZW?
    Call VZW back and verify if it is from another carrier DEMAND another device
    05-18-09 01:19 PM
    Have you tried to see if "data services" is set to on? also check your "network connections" to see if it 1XEVDO is also turned on. I know it's something simple. but some people forget those little tweaks
    Yeah, data works, it's just a 1X connection and never bounces up to the 1XEV service.

Wait a minute VZW told you that the device was registered to another carrier????
    This is a replacement device from VZW?
    Call VZW back and verify if it is from another carrier DEMAND another device
    This is a warranty replacement from VZW. That's what the technician said on the phone when they manually changed my PIN to my BIS account. They also had me do a "manual activation" (##000000).

Going back to .75 now and will call about another replacement this evening. Argh.
    05-18-09 01:26 PM
    hmmmm do you have the browser icon atleast?
    05-18-09 01:37 PM
    hmmmm do you have the browser icon atleast?
    Oh yeah, like I said, data is working. I'm getting e-mail, FaceBook, browsing, etc. Everything seems to be working, it's just not stepping up to 1XEV where I used almost always have a 1XEV connection on my original 9530.
    05-18-09 01:50 PM
    Hmmm now that is a predicament. Sorry can't be much help, my last resort was talking to data support and have them resend the service books, but your saying you have no problem with emails and surfing... as well as you were on the phone with them already.

You said you were going to drop to .75 and go from there... how is that coming along?
    05-18-09 01:56 PM
    I would wipe with jl_cmdr then reload an OS
    05-18-09 02:09 PM
    Hmmm now that is a predicament. Sorry can't be much help, my last resort was talking to data support and have them resend the service books, but your saying you have no problem with emails and surfing... as well as you were on the phone with them already.

You said you were going to drop to .75 and go from there... how is that coming along?
    Downgraded back to .75 and had 1XEV for about a minute, then it dropped back to 1X.

I would wipe with jl_cmdr then reload an OS
    I did that when I went to .141...ran it with .141 all day Saturday and Sunday...
    05-18-09 02:12 PM
    Could be a BUGGY radio get a replacement
    05-18-09 02:14 PM
    I had to get a replacement through vzw and the phone wouldn't get a data connection; ie, no 1XEV....they sent me another replacement....might wanna get another replacement. it's funny, cause the packing slip said they verified that everything was working....all of their checks had checkmarks next to them...i don't think they really test their refurbs enough before sending them out, but that's just my opinion.

Could be a BUGGY radio get a replacement
    05-18-09 02:31 PM
    Called tech support today and they are sending another replacement. Switched back to my original 9530 since I had not shipped it back yet and am back to enjoying 1XEV. There was a definite problem with the radio on the replacement, from what I could tell.

Funny thing was that I also noticed some problems with the click screen on the replacement compared to my original device. Tech support seemed more interested in replacing the device due to a fault screen than the radio, so I'm betting this replacement gets thrown back in the pile after a few tweaks of the screen and will forever have radio issues.
    05-19-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD