As a Storm users since November of '09, I have hated the Storm more and more each day. Just IMO, my Curve 8330 and 8530 have PWNED the Storm in many ways.

I was trying to take some pics with my phone over the Easter weekend and guess what? My camera is official dead. "Close all applications and try again". Sigh.

Here are just a few other rants I have about the phone as well:

* Slow boot times. At least 5 minutes . . . literally. .328 and .429.
    * Slow OS, no matter what version I'm running. Once I got used to using the Storm, I couldn't and still can't just click, click, done. It's click . . . wait . . . click . . . wait . . . done.
    * Crap apps. Nothing like an iPhone or Droid, nuff said.
    * The decent apps always have mem leaks. (Facebook, Twitter, Seesemic, Foursquare). Been using StormStat to keep an eye on my mem usage during the day. Lame.
    * Have to reboot the phone every morning at 1AM or else it was be crazy slow the next day. I should NOT have to do this!!!! (But thanks QuikPull! )
    * Bluetooth doesn't always want to work with my Nissan. All other phones pick right up.
    * Storm has ruined the "all touchscreen" experience for me. I think I will want a physical keyboard on every phone I use for the rest of my life lol.

I know a lot of you guys love your Storm and good for you, but the Storm is not working for me. Luckily my upgrade date is June 1st and I'll be getting a Droid. I've still got my BB 8530, which I actually like and somewhat still works, so I'm not giving up completely on BBs.
    04-05-10 02:47 PM
    where did you get this problem storm? a cool guy i bet
    04-05-10 02:53 PM
    where did you get this problem storm? a cool guy i bet
    Yeah he was an awesome guy . . . for not telling me how crappy this phone really is rofl! J/K buddy.
    04-05-10 02:54 PM
    I agree with a lot of that.. Actually almost all of it. The one thing I say is try the 571 hybrid by lyricidal in the OS forum. That's what I'm on and my boot time has improved, even though I would say its slow compared to other devices. The 591 hybrids might even be better. Idk since I haven't tried any. I get really sick of playing with hybrids which is why I get one every once in a while and that's it. Too much of a hassle even though it isn't much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 05:36 PM
    Downgraded to .328 and my camera still doesn't work. Oh and get this. I did a successful backup using BB Desktop Manager. After I downgraded, I tried to restore multiple things like my calendar events and contacts BUT IT FAILED. Luckily, I had Google Sync running and I was able to restore easily via Google.

I'm going to take it to get a replacement this weekend, use it for two more agonizing months and then upgrade to something better.
    04-06-10 12:16 PM
    agreed with everything you said Six, i've become very disappointed in my Storm recently with the OS issues that never seem to get resolved.

new phones are like new cars - never buy the 1st year a new model comes out. give the company time to work out the kinks.
    04-06-10 01:16 PM
    I'm on replacement #5 :-)
    04-06-10 06:12 PM
    Called a VZW rep tonight and he was willing to upgrade me to a Droid on the spot. I told him that my wife didn't know which new phone she wanted but we are going to a VZW store tomorrow and *hopefully* ditch the BB Storm 1s for good.

RIM is out of their minds for releasing the Storm 1 IMO. Worst phone EVER.
    04-12-10 12:41 AM
    So I went to Verizon today and guess what they did? They showed me the front door for trying to push my upgrade date! And to beat all it was someone I graduated high school with. She was very rude about the fact that I just asked. She didn't give two cents if my Storm worked or not.

I then called Customer Service, complained and told them I was getting screwed over. They finally gave me a Moto Droid and a Moto Devour at the 2-yr pricing. New phones will be here Wednesday!

Verizon . . . hire better people for your stores. If you have a loyal customer for 4+ years that has real problems with their phones (a discontinued phone at that), cut them a little slack and make them happy.

As for my BB Storm, good riddance. Worst RIM phone ever. My 8530 can runs circles around ya! Blackberry is still good for basic stuff and the work environment, but other than that, I am no longer going to recommend Blackberrys to my customers.

Crackberry - Thanks for all the help you guys have given me. I won't be going away for good, but I'll be hanging in the Android section more often.
    04-12-10 05:13 PM
    I never had much trouble with my Storm 1, but if you really did then I can understand the frustration. I would have waited a little longer for a good Android phone though...

04-12-10 07:44 PM
    I never had much trouble with my Storm 1, but if you really did then I can understand the frustration. I would have waited a little longer for a good Android phone though...

All of the "good" Android phones coming out don't have physical keyboards. Like the Incredible? The Storm ruined the full touch screen thing for me.
    04-12-10 08:42 PM
    I owned a S1, I kept it for a year, got myself an 8530; once I got home...I assaulted my S1 with a baseball bat.
    I am now a happy Droid owner, Have Fun with your new device! Once it comes in.
    04-12-10 08:57 PM
    ive came to the point today where i see there is no hope for my phone. im just going to sell it on ebay and get most likely a DROID or a Incredible that will make me happy for 2 years! (im on my 3rd replacement storm and i got my first storm july 2009 )
    04-12-10 09:01 PM
    As a Storm users since November of '09, I have hated the Storm more and more each day. Just IMO, my Curve 8330 and 8530 have PWNED the Storm in many ways.

I was trying to take some pics with my phone over the Easter weekend and guess what? My camera is official dead. "Close all applications and try again". Sigh.

Here are just a few other rants I have about the phone as well:

* Slow boot times. At least 5 minutes . . . literally. .328 and .429.
    * Slow OS, no matter what version I'm running. Once I got used to using the Storm, I couldn't and still can't just click, click, done. It's click . . . wait . . . click . . . wait . . . done.
    * Crap apps. Nothing like an iPhone or Droid, nuff said.
    * The decent apps always have mem leaks. (Facebook, Twitter, Seesemic, Foursquare). Been using StormStat to keep an eye on my mem usage during the day. Lame.
    * Have to reboot the phone every morning at 1AM or else it was be crazy slow the next day. I should NOT have to do this!!!! (But thanks QuikPull! )
    * Bluetooth doesn't always want to work with my Nissan. All other phones pick right up.
    * Storm has ruined the "all touchscreen" experience for me. I think I will want a physical keyboard on every phone I use for the rest of my life lol.

I know a lot of you guys love your Storm and good for you, but the Storm is not working for me. Luckily my upgrade date is June 1st and I'll be getting a Droid. I've still got my BB 8530, which I actually like and somewhat still works, so I'm not giving up completely on BBs.
    Amen, I have to agree with everything you've just said.

I've had this phone for a year and a half and I can't take it anymore.
    I miss every phone call, damn hourglass.
    04-12-10 10:17 PM
    I've had my Droid for a week now and I can't stress how AWESOME the Android OS is. RIM has really screwed all Storm1 owners/users. The Storm1 was the worst phone RIM has ever put out.

Notice how there is no more love for Storm1 owners? If it weren't for notifications for RIM or Carrier outages, I'd remove CB off of my Twitter list (I work in IT so get to deal with BBs all the time). The only other reason I have them on Twitter was for Storm1 OS announcements and leaks, but we all know that won't be happening ever.

So for all Storm1 users, all I gotta say is that I feel for ya. I just don't know how you guys are dealing with such a POS phone.
    04-22-10 11:27 AM
    I won't be going away for good, but I'll be hanging in the Android section more often.
    If these threads keep up, this will become the honorary Android section of Crackberry!
    04-22-10 02:08 PM
    So I went to Verizon today and guess what they did? They showed me the front door for trying to push my upgrade date! And to beat all it was someone I graduated high school with. She was very rude about the fact that I just asked. She didn't give two cents if my Storm worked or not.

I then called Customer Service, complained and told them I was getting screwed over. They finally gave me a Moto Droid and a Moto Devour at the 2-yr pricing. New phones will be here Wednesday!

Verizon . . . hire better people for your stores. If you have a loyal customer for 4+ years that has real problems with their phones (a discontinued phone at that), cut them a little slack and make them happy.
    I have found that the PHONE Representatives are much more helpful than the in-store ones. You can usually get a better deal over the phone and with free overnight shipping there really isn't a reason to go into the store unless you just want to feel the phone in your hand.
    05-04-10 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD