I've tried to get a replacement over the phone several times but it seems they have firmed on the policy of going into the store and wasting time...

My issues:

-Top earset portion has a rattle(read ANNOYING) to it when its tapped lightly or when clicking away on the screen.

-Backlight bleed at the bottom of the screen when viewing light colored screens. A friend described it as looking like a paper that got wet and ruffled at the edges. Its pretty noticable.

I just dont want to go into the store wait 45 min then be told they can't do anything. This is my replacement storm I got after the new year. Everything was like this when I got it.

-Matt
    01-12-09 06:18 PM
    Probably best to go into a store and have them take a look at it. They would be able to view and confirm that the issue wasn't caused by water or physical abuse. Then just ask for a replacement while you are at the store.
    01-12-09 06:42 PM
    Definately replace. Do not put up with this clearly flawed product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 09:26 PM
    If you have to ask, the answer is no.
    01-13-09 12:54 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it, the light bleeding through on the bottom is pretty normal with my experience I have been through 5 storms now, and more often than not there is that nasty crumpled bleeding problem on the bottom of the LCD. I would say that some phones were worse than others. I have done many exchanges with the Storm, knowing what I know now, I would have kept my original Storm. Wasn't worse the hassle exchanging only to realize there was something slightly wrong or different with each phone. If it's not broke, don't fix it!
    01-13-09 01:23 AM
    Is a loose red button grounds for a replacement? It rattles when I tap lightly on it...plus if I look at the base of the phone I can see light coming from underneath the button...starting to get to me
    01-13-09 01:27 AM
    If you're truly not happy with it, let them know about it and take it in. I wasnt sure about whether to bring mine in either, my first had an excessively wobbly screen (You could hear it rattle if you shake it back and forth) and a good amount of light bleed through the buttons and the sides. I went in and asked if I could actually feel the replacement before I made my decision. They had no problem with that. My new one clicks nice and easy all around, no rattle when I shake it. Still a bit of light bleed, but thats just how it is.

Long story short, you bought it from them, so get your moneys worth if you're not satisfied!
    01-13-09 02:41 AM
    Long story short, you bought it from them, so get your moneys worth if you're not satisfied!
    Exactally!!!!
    01-13-09 02:46 AM
    If you paid for a good device and didn't get one, exchange it until you do. I exchanged Pearls in 30 days for specks of dust under the screen, so if I had your issue it would have been brought back day 1.
    01-13-09 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD