Hi,
    I did a search on these forums and came up with nothing about this. All the help was through the BIS (which I can't access that site since I go through a BES). Is it possible to rename the folder for my personal email? It's a gmail account. I would use the gmail app, but that thing doesn't get the emails as immediately as the direct push to the blackberry.

Every time I go through settings and attempt to simply rename it, I get this error: "your device encountered a problem with this application's server. Please click OK and try again." I do so... same issue.

Just want to know if I'm SOL or if there is anything I can do. It's just the icon showing my entire email address (or part of it, and then "...") is just really annoying to me.

Thanks!
    Katie
    05-22-09 11:41 AM
    That's how all email account mailboxes look. The only reason the BES one doesn't have a standalone (like it should have been) is because RIM initially built the device to integrate with BES and just put up a Messages folder.... as it matured into being able to get other email accounts setup as well, they just didn't change from that.

Why is it bothering you that the mailbox is your email address? What would you like it to be?
    05-22-09 11:49 AM
    I'd just like it to say "Gmail". I have the empower app so that my bes mailbox is separate and is a little icon. really it's all asthetics, but... heh I want it to be pretty!
    05-22-09 12:05 PM
    I love the fact that I can rename my Email icons with BIS.
    05-22-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD