Hi all, first post on what is a great site for knowledge on all things blackberry!

I have a quick question regard the device lokck on a Blackberry storm.

We have an EX-employee has has returned his phone after leaving the company. The screen is cracked so I have been asked to send it away for repair. I have also been asked to wipe all the information off the phone, returning it back to factory defaults. When I switch the storm on it asks for a password, which I cannot get as the guy has now left.

Can I reset the device using 'JL Commander' or 'crack util'... I'm not interested in keeping any user data. Or is it something I need to phone up blackberry for??

TIA
    02-13-09 09:19 AM
    if you put an incoreect password in 10 times it will wipe the phone. when you get close to your maximum attempts it will ask you to enter blackberry as a precaution. when you go to put in the password at the top of the dialog box it will say attemp number/allowed attemp number.
    02-13-09 09:33 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply lang0162... Please don't take offence when I ask; Could anyone else confirm this to be correct?!?!? I don't want to end up completely locking the phone!!

Tuneap
    02-13-09 09:43 AM
    i take no offence, i can confirm as i work in IT with the government supporting blackberries and computers.
    02-13-09 09:45 AM
    Yes after reaching the Maximum number of password attempt it will wipe all information from the phone... this is a security feature of all blackberry's.
    02-13-09 09:46 AM
    BIG Thanks lang0162, you were 100% correct(as I'm sure you know)..

and thanks to minicoop883 for confirming!
    02-13-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD