So I have a ring and message tone set for a couple of contacts on my storm. How in the f*#k do I remove it and just set it back to whatever the universal/profile setting is?

Thanks in advance,
    T
    02-06-09 02:19 PM
    i think i remember reading that going back to a standard profile ring after settign a custom one was a royal pita. you basically have to set the custom ringer to whatever your normal ring is.

you might try using DM, i forget right now all the steps but you can view the phone's settings and do things like clear the calendar, delete all contacts, etc. You might be able to erase all custom ringer settings there.
    02-06-09 02:28 PM
    U could try deleting the contact and adding it again?? know thats a pain in the arse but hey so is constipation!!! lol
    02-06-09 02:35 PM
    I guess I may have to delete the contact and enter it again. You'd think BB would have a menu option for this?

It's just a pain because even when I set my sounds to vibrate only if one of the people with custom rings txts me it still rings.

oh well
    02-06-09 02:46 PM
    Set your custom ring volume to "Active Profile" so it rings at the volume of the ring profile you have selected. So if you have it on vibrate it vibrates, even if its custom.
    02-06-09 02:54 PM
    If you did it wihin the Sounds profile you would nneed to goto Sounds> Set Contact Alerts > Highlight Name > BB Menu > Delete. I set all my contact sounds this way.
    02-06-09 04:01 PM
    tag thanks
    02-06-09 05:14 PM
    I guess I may have to delete the contact and enter it again. You'd think BB would have a menu option for this?

It's just a pain because even when I set my sounds to vibrate only if one of the people with custom rings txts me it still rings.

oh well
    You must be running official software. That is a bug that has since been corrected in the beta versions

But if you want to stay with offical software, the only way to delete the ringer IDs is through the sound profile menu. Press the sound profile button which is toward the top left of the screen while in portrait mode. scroll down to contact alerts. and delete the contact alerts as needed.

There is no way to delete those alerts through the phonebook even though you're able to set them up that way.

hope that helped
    02-06-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD