Don't have any use for the city I.D. app that comes pre installed on the storm 2. Has anyone removed and if so did it uninstall without any problems.
    Thank you
    11-16-09 05:57 PM
    i dont use it either. you can easily remove thru dm. or you can go to options, applications, click city id and delete
    11-16-09 06:00 PM
    Uninstalls just like any other app.
    What's messed up is how my old LG phone came with the caller ID town feature for free and VZW wants yet another monthly charge for this on my S2.
    11-16-09 07:42 PM
    Another useless app pushed on us by VZW . Who would need this when google is at your fingertips

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 08:26 PM
    Any other useless apps that should be removed that Verizon already had on the phone??
    11-16-09 08:30 PM
    Any other useless apps that should be removed that Verizon already had on the phone??
    Most of them. I just wiped mine and started from scratch.
    11-16-09 08:41 PM
    Uninstalls just like any other app.
    What's messed up is how my old LG phone came with the caller ID town feature for free and VZW wants yet another monthly charge for this on my S2.
    yeah i had countless phones on sprint which all displayed the city and state calling.. if i typed in an area code and then just random numbers to make a phone number it would give me the state the area code was for. always with the nickle and dime ish..
    11-16-09 09:54 PM
    On my phone this was deleted before I got into the car from the store. On my wife's, I just deleted it now as I was setting the phone up for her. She's gotta have her BBM and Facebook as the first two icons you know!
    11-16-09 10:01 PM
    Some of the stuff pushed on us by VZW are not actually apps, only shortcut "download" icons to get the apps, and cannot be deleted. Unfortunately . For me, I just created a "Junk" folder and hid it. Any of these icons get promptly moved to that folder... never to be seen again .

Some of them are: VCast **** (that is, VCast anything, like SongID, Videos, or the like), Bing, Flickr, MySpace, Slacker Radio. As I don't use any of those, but that's just me (I have either other hardware or software already in use, so no need for me).

As for actual apps... its personnal preference honestly. All depends what on what you use.
    11-16-09 10:06 PM
    Don't have any use for the city I.D. app that comes pre installed on the storm 2. Has anyone removed and if so did it uninstall without any problems.
    Thank you
    I got rid of it. But no problems so far
    11-16-09 11:20 PM
    Got rid of it and I noticed when I get a phone call, it doesn't really lag like it used to.
    11-17-09 12:39 AM
    Uninstalled it 12 seconds after I left the VZW store with my S2. Did a batt pull and havent had a single issue.
    11-17-09 12:50 AM
    Sprint offers something like this for free on their phones. Infact, I think i comes preinstalled...
    11-17-09 01:28 AM
    I made the mistake of activating City ID. It tells me that after the free trial I will be billed $1.99 per month. As best I can see, there is no "I have decided not to take it after all" button.

If I simply delete it, does that stop them from billing me $2/month for the rest of my phone's life? If not, does anybody know how to discontinue the service as well as delete the app?

starAstar
    05-05-10 05:14 PM
    I made the mistake of activating City ID. It tells me that after the free trial I will be billed $1.99 per month. As best I can see, there is no "I have decided not to take it after all" button.

If I simply delete it, does that stop them from billing me $2/month for the rest of my phone's life? If not, does anybody know how to discontinue the service as well as delete the app?

starAstar
    After the trial you have to elect to buy the service.
    05-05-10 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD