How can I remove entries in the call log. In messages and internet logs you can go to the date and then "delete prior." In the call log you have to delete each entry individually. This is a pain. Thanks
    12-02-08 10:59 AM
    enter email or sms, click the menu button, view folders, call logs or missed calls. the delete prior option will now be available
    12-02-08 11:08 AM
    That works. Thank you. It is a very round about fix but it worked. Now how can I get rid of Voice Dial? That's also a pain.
    12-02-08 11:38 AM
    Are you referring to the button on the side of your BB? If so, you can re-assign it to a different feature under options.

I don't believe you can remove the Voice Dial program itself, unless you hack your BB.
    12-02-08 11:42 AM
    I already reassigned the side key to opening the keyboard. The problem I have is when I end a call by pressing the button my bluetooth headset it activates the voice dial program. I hate that screeching voice in my ear.
    12-02-08 12:48 PM
    Don I am new to the Blackberry scene but I just wanted to say you are the Man with this stuff thanks for all of your knowledge that you share with everyone.
    12-03-08 09:59 AM
    I already reassigned the side key to opening the keyboard. The problem I have is when I end a call by pressing the button my bluetooth headset it activates the voice dial program. I hate that screeching voice in my ear.
    On earlier model BlackBerries, you can delete the VAD code. I assume that is possible on the Storm, but you do it at your own risk. On the earlier phones with OS 4.5, deleting VAD had the benign side-effect of disabling the Options / About function. I don't have a Storm, and don't know what (if any) side-effect you might see. The author of CrackMem is presently updating CrackMem to work with Storm OS modules. As soon as he completes that task, you'll be able to use CrackMem to remove the VAD modules. You can download CrackMem from a link in my sig.
    12-03-08 11:03 AM
    All Hail Jeff!

Thanks for the info!!
    12-03-08 11:24 AM
    enter email or sms, click the menu button, view folders, call logs or missed calls. the delete prior option will now be available
    Thank you soooo much for replying to the question. It's been driving me crazy!!!
    01-03-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD