I remember back in the speculation days, when we were all eagerly anticipating the phone. The blackberry storm ninja popped up. What do you think he's doing now? I am almost certain this guy got fired. Maybe hes working at burger king these days

Viddler.com - BlackBerry Thunder - Uploaded by engadget
    01-27-09 12:16 AM
    Maybe who knows...
    01-27-09 12:19 AM
    All I know is I want that OS that was on that phone. It looked SWEET!
    01-27-09 12:20 AM
    looking at the video , back then the acceleromiter use to work upside down too ... i want it to work like that now
    01-27-09 12:23 AM
    looking at the video , back then the acceleromiter use to work upside down too ... i want it to work like that now
    yeah also the keyboard and **** was different. i wonder was OS he was running
    01-27-09 12:42 AM
    that OS did look smooth
    01-27-09 12:53 AM
    Funny, the only thing I remember was that he was a tool.
    01-27-09 01:03 AM
    I think the OS looks better now to be honest. Also, I remember the accelerometer working upside down when using the simulator on the pc. After actually having the phone though, I'm glad it doesn't flip upside down. If it did, that would leave no orientation for me to look at the phone while laying down in bed. Now, I can look at it in landscape mode while the phone is upside down.
    01-27-09 01:44 AM
    the icons on the OS in the video look so primitive compared to what we have now
    01-27-09 02:03 AM
    don't care who or where he is now since he sounds just like everyone whinny newbie BB users on this board, complaining about things that don't really interfere with the user experience (don't like the clicking screen? that's the whole point of this phone).

Plus his voice makes me want to punch him in the face repeatedly until he shuts up.
    01-27-09 02:36 AM
    His voice is pretty annoying I had an ex girlfriend that sounded similar to that. Thats why she is ex.
    01-27-09 02:47 AM
    Guy was a tool, and the OS looks better now.
    01-27-09 02:53 AM
    Didn't .65 allow for orienting the screen upside down? I could have SWORN mine did when I first got it. Wish it still did.
    01-27-09 03:53 AM
    Anyone else notice that, when he put the phone in Landscape, he had FIVE rows of icons, instead of the 4 we have?

I wish that was a layout option now.

And yeah, the "I...don't...like it" - Very annoying.
    01-27-09 07:53 AM
    HAHA - he's flipping burgers at Carl's Jr.
    01-27-09 08:42 AM
    don't care who or where he is now since he sounds just like everyone whinny newbie BB users on this board, complaining about things that don't really interfere with the user experience (don't like the clicking screen? that's the whole point of this phone).

Plus his voice makes me want to punch him in the face repeatedly until he shuts up.
    Wow. Way to draw in new users to the Blackberry fold. Whinny newbies. I guess you were an expert the first time you picked one up.
    01-27-09 09:37 AM
    I honestly can say I don't think he was a tool.

Lets be real, at least "tools" have a purpose in life!
    01-27-09 10:32 AM
    the reason it wont allow you to flip it upside down is RIM didnt want people trying to talk with it flipped the wrong way.
    01-27-09 11:52 AM
    Wow. Way to draw in new users to the Blackberry fold. Whinny newbies. I guess you were an expert the first time you picked one up.
    No, but I didn't complain about every single thing that the OS differed from all other phones. I learned to adopt and appreciate and workaround the OS to my eventual satisfaction.

The newbie BB users tend to sound like this:

"I don't like how the icons are like that"
    "I don't like where you have to go into options to do that"
    "I don't like how you have to do this to get that"
    "I don't like.."
    "It doesn't work like my old phone"
    "Why is this so complicated"

To me that just sounds like un-informed buyers that did not to their homework before getting a Blackberry and ended up complaining because it's not how they imagined it would be.

To be honest the fewer there are these type of uesrs the better. It'll make the forum a much cleaner and better place without relentless threads by BB newbies on how they're ditching the phone to go back to whatever they had before, or how they think RIM sucks or how certain phone is a failure.

All fine by me.
    01-28-09 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD