I upgraded to .85 , first couple of days it was great , then all **** broke loose : phone resets , "media card inserted" screen , sim card error etc...
    I downgraded to .83 using JL wipe and could not reload my third party apps even though I followed the tutorial and saved them on my desktop while using "blackberry device switch " on DM ,What am I doing wrong ?? I'm using Vista .THANKS
    01-07-09 07:27 PM
    why not browse to the folder with the backed up apps in DM's app loader and reinstall that way?
    01-07-09 08:42 PM
    How do you do that ??? Where is the folder located ??
    01-07-09 10:06 PM
    You have to use apploader to reload your 3rd party apps. When you backed up the apps, it should have been saved under your pin#.alx. When you go to your apploader, click browse and findthe file and you will see the 3rd party apps show up on the list and just click the ones you want to install.
    01-07-09 10:17 PM
    How do you do that ??? Where is the folder located ??
    Do a search for your pin number, you may find it in the Temp folder. You will need the entire folder named with your pin. From DM browse to that folder and double click on the file named with your pin.alx. You should then see the third party apps in DM and be able to select the ones you want to reload.

If you did not follow the original instructions correctly, and did not move the folder before closing the blackberry device switch operation, you may have lost them.

If you saved it to your desktop as you indicate, then browse to your desktop from the DM app loader and you should find it. If not there, look in your temp folder, because I was suprised to find the folder there on my Vista machine. You can do a search for files and folders using your pin to try to find it.

Good luck.
    01-07-09 10:31 PM
    Make sure when you search for files and folders to select advanced and make sure that temporary and hidden files are selected.
    01-07-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD