I don't understand why after uninstalling all the leaked software in the shared folder and running JL Commander, when I started apploader after reinstalling .148 on my desktop, that .132, 5.0.0.90 and .93 modules are trying to reload?

Sorry to ask this ? and did some searching, but couldn't find this occurance.

What the screen in apploader states is

Module Name Installed Version Available Version
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx Not Installed 4.7.0.148
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx Not installed 4.7.0.132
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx Not installed 4.7.0.148
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx Not installed 5.0.0.90
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx Not installed 5.0.0.93
    Last edited by jwacton; 05-20-09 at 04:08 PM.
    05-20-09 03:39 PM
    Ininstall the hybrid and have just .148 on your comp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 03:59 PM
    I haven't installed anything yet. I am coming from 148/5.0 hybrid, but problems happened.

So what I'm seeing now after what I thought was wiping the phone, and erasing and reinstalling .148 leak is it is still staying the available version is not all .148.

So the ? is... how do i completely get all of the OS of my computer so the only available version is .148? (Running Windows 7 beta)
    05-20-09 04:03 PM
    You should delete the previous OS's from your computer by using Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs.

Are you using the DM Application Loader or the Loader.exe from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader?
    Last edited by 808Storming; 05-20-09 at 04:57 PM.
    05-20-09 04:54 PM
    If you want this hybrid out and gone, here's what you gotta do...

Uninstall from the add/remove programs dialog in control panel. This will only pull out what the original BBOS software put in...not the rest of the hybrid stuff. Make sure you're pulling out Device Software and not Desktop Software. It's a good idea to take out all the BBOS stuff you have install if you have more than one (just save the .75 install .exe somewhere for emergency replacements).

Then go into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

and delete the folder(s) in there. That will get rid of the remaining residual files that the hybrid installer put in.

Now just do a fresh install of .148 and fire it up with the Loader.exe. Does the same stuff as DM, but don't have to worry about running all the extra resources.

If that's not what you're asking (and forgive me, as it's the interprutation problem is very likely on my end rather than yours), I do apologize.
    05-20-09 08:00 PM
    What happened was that after I wiped, I had to use download manager to get .75 because I was using apploader, then I realized I mistakenly put in the java 148/5.0 files instead of just the 5.0 files I was trying to do, which just had me all confused.

Been a hectic day with this leak. Still trying to test out if I like 148 with or without 5.0 files. Going to try a "naked" .148 for now.

Thanks
    05-20-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD