While updating to .114...I get this screen. I did everything as instructed and this is not the first time I've uploaded a beta OS. I have done several on my old pearl and I updated to .109 on both of my Storms.

I just need to know what to do??
    03-10-09 09:47 PM
    its kinda hard to explain how to fix this but its really easy to do...i did it to my storm a week ago and i figured out how to do it. you can send me a PM and i can call you and explain it...
    03-10-09 09:54 PM
    i tried to reply to your private message but it said i have to post 10 things before im allowed to reply to a PM so write another message with a number i can contact you at so i can help you with it...
    03-10-09 10:35 PM
    Okay...so I searched the forums and tried every suggestion on reviving a bricked berry. Every single time I get to the "Wait for device initialization" part, I can hear the phone disconnect and reconnect from my PC about 5 times. Then it just sits there a while...then it says "Unable to reconnect device during a multi-stage load operation." Any ideas?
    03-11-09 03:25 AM
    Try restarting Windows... I had to do this several times for some reason... Im running XP on a virtual machine with my mac so my windows reboots in 10 seconds so it wasnt that big of a deal to me... Id give it a try though...
    03-11-09 03:45 AM
    I got this msg too when upgrading to .114. Can somebody please post step by step instructions on how to fix this? I have absolutely no idea how to get started.
    03-11-09 09:04 PM
    Reload Software 507 only means there is no OS installed on the storm. It isn't bricked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 09:06 PM
    I got this msg too when upgrading to .114. Can somebody please post step by step instructions on how to fix this? I have absolutely no idea how to get started.
    Reboot your PC as stated in an earlier post.
    03-11-09 09:06 PM
    Here's good step to step instructions. 507 (i posted this while i was away on my Storm) just means the OS is not installed properly, therefore no OS was installed and it's just a wiped phone waiting for a proper OS install.

-Restart your computer (as stated above)
    -Plug in your Storm again, but make sure it stays plugged in.
    -DM SHOULD (i had a problem with this before though where it didn't) notice your phone and continue installation.
    -If it does not, you may have to use the application loader program in order to get it to work, or restart the process again.

For me, i had to restart the PC 3 times, and had to WAIT for DM to load before i plugged in my phone, then the OS just loaded again from there.

Hope some of this helps.
    03-11-09 09:11 PM
    it did help but i have never backed up 3rd party apps so they're all gone. guess i'll be here all night re-downloading apps AARRRRGGGGHHHHH
    03-11-09 09:46 PM
    it did help but i have never backed up 3rd party apps so they're all gone. guess i'll be here all night re-downloading apps AARRRRGGGGHHHHH
    Yes, unfortunately if you DO get the 507 Reload issue, your phone is wiped of everything.
    Always backup everything before loading a new OS
    03-11-09 09:51 PM
    my friends storm gets the 507 and reset. ive tried reloading the software but in the middle of it when its done backing things up the phone reset and dm gives an error message. how do you the application loader?
    03-12-09 12:51 PM
    my friends storm gets the 507 and reset. ive tried reloading the software but in the middle of it when its done backing things up the phone reset and dm gives an error message. how do you the application loader?
    C:>program files>common files>RIM>apploader>apploader icon
    03-12-09 12:53 PM
    thanks i hope this works.
    03-12-09 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD