Sort of.

In an email this morning about third quarter results our lovely president of VZW said.

"That includes the BlackBerry Storm coming in November, the most anticipated, positively reviewed device we�ve ever launched -- and from the market leader in smartphones. "

So we know for sure November now, not speculation, not rumor, and unless something gets pushed back, we can atleast take a little sigh of relief knowing FOR SURE.
    10-27-08 07:26 AM
    It's already been reported by Verizon insiders that it's Nov. 15th
    10-27-08 07:29 AM
    Love it, love it...LOVE IT...listening to VZW Q3 earnings report right now...let you know if the COO says anything about it.
    10-27-08 07:30 AM
    I'm not arguing the date, just saying it's the first real piece of information that has been presented with a date. It's not speculation, digging, etc, it's the president of our company saying November, not someone hiding under a screen name at crackberry. Not that I doubt it's november, but saying, Lowell saying = more official than someone else saying it. I only announced this because it's the first tangible acknowledgement by higher ups with an official month, I felt it deserved mentioning,
    10-27-08 07:33 AM
    I'm not arguing the date, just saying it's the first real piece of information that has been presented with a date. It's not speculation, digging, etc, it's the president of our company saying November, not someone hiding under a screen name at crackberry. Not that I doubt it's november, but saying, Lowell saying = more official than someone else saying it. I only announced this because it's the first tangible acknowledgement by higher ups with an official month, I felt it deserved mentioning,
    Bell is set to release the Storm Nov 21st. So VZW should definitely go before them.
    10-27-08 07:39 AM
    Bell is set to release the Storm Nov 21st. So VZW should definitely go before them.
    As much as I believe that, I always play the devils advocate for the most part, and any verizon user knows the history of verizon releasing phones. Though lately it hasn't been near as bad, but be the first to launch the same version of the phone that other carriers have? Not so often, I'm almost positive of that November 15th date, gives 1 - 2 weeks before black friday shopping and all the such for word of mouth to get out and people to want it, it would only make sense.

EDIT: Make sure to understand that I agree with you, just throwing out a counter argument for the sake of it so things don't stay in a one sided view,
    10-27-08 07:43 AM
    As much as I believe that, I always play the devils advocate for the most part, and any verizon user knows the history of verizon releasing phones. Though lately it hasn't been near as bad, but be the first to launch the same version of the phone that other carriers have? Not so often, I'm almost positive of that November 15th date, gives 1 - 2 weeks before black friday shopping and all the such for word of mouth to get out and people to want it, it would only make sense.

EDIT: Make sure to understand that I agree with you, just throwing out a counter argument for the sake of it so things don't stay in a one sided view,
    Trust me bro I know. I don't give release dates. I'm just stating what others have said. I know better than to bank on a specific date.
    10-27-08 07:46 AM
    Trust me, You are like me and I know that, you don't give an official anything because nothing is ever official, and when it is, it's known to the masses. We probably understand more than most the way shiz works internally, , so many dates, names, times, prices, rumors thrown about that it's a pointless ramble to post something that's being communicated internally most of the time because other than sorting through the BS we aren't much closer to the truth than actual customers, lol
    10-27-08 07:48 AM
    They are in Q & A for the VZ Quarterly Earnings Conf. call. Come on....someone ask about the release date......anyone....
    10-27-08 08:07 AM
    Damnit...nothing came from the Conference Call!!!
    10-27-08 08:23 AM
    they probably started it before you could hear with a death threat to anyone who mentioned the storm
    10-27-08 08:24 AM
    yeah...that sucks!
    10-27-08 08:24 AM
    How can they afford to give us absolutely nothing! They even mentioned that they had a noticable amount of CHURN to the iPhone, but that they aren't in the business of being centered around one "iconic" device. That makes it sound like the Storm being released isn't even that big of a deal to them. They are all caught up in Fios coming to NYC and the Alltel merger. SO frustrating. I did see something on a 4G network for future development. That is kind of cool.
    10-27-08 08:28 AM
    Hey rj, have you guys heard any speculation on pricing? Ive pretty much accepted the idea that it won't come out before the 15th but I need to know how much I need to hold out of my sons college fund.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 08:29 AM
    I think it's good to not be centered around just the storm, putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a good thing. They KNOW the storm will make an impact, it already has, the Dare made an impact, so the storm is inevitably going to be a much larger one. The Iphone gave a noticeable impact in churn, and that's going to be the largest it is. Not a big enough one to really care about.

In 5 years when the iphone is basic, yeah sure, but right now the iphone still isn't mass consumer oriented, neither is the storm, focusing on 1 high end phone isn't the way to be when 80 % of your customer base still just wants to make a call.

Alltell will yield more profit than the storm, FIOS, more profit, 4G first? More profit. Compare the storm to those 3 points, it really is quite miniscule in comparison as far as a business sense goes.

Fact of the matter is, the storm will sell itself, the rest of the stuff has to be handeld, so why dwell on the storm?
    10-27-08 08:33 AM
    Hey rj, have you guys heard any speculation on pricing? Ive pretty much accepted the idea that it won't come out before the 15th but I need to know how much I need to hold out of my sons college fund.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No word on pricing. However with that internal report that BGR leaked it put it on a slightly higher price tier than the Curve. And with verizon giving massive discounts on PDA's **Curve $99 bucks right now** I wouldn't anticipate it being more than $250 after rebate, and that is probably high. If I were to take an educated guess I would say $199 after rebate. On par with iphone, more expensive than curve, and something to dissuade people from the dare into a gauranteed data plan that makes verizon more money. Just a guess though, sorry nothing official.
    10-27-08 08:36 AM
    I know that this is only my first posting, so take it for what it is worth.

A friend of mine is in Verizon Corporate sales and he/she told me over the weekend that they have been told the release date is November 14th. He/she did not know if that was Corporate sales or if corporate and telesales would be earlier, but the date they were given was November 14th.

Whatever it will wind up being, it isn't far away now.

10-27-08 08:42 AM
    Any news on Telus?
    10-27-08 09:48 AM
    awesome!! That is what I was waiting for
    10-27-08 10:29 AM
    Any news on Telus?
    Yeah...I was wondering the same thing. Isn't Telus suppose to release the phone before Bell?
    10-27-08 10:58 AM
    So if Bell is releasing the Storm November 21. When is Telus releasing it? Did Bell win out on the exclusivity war on the Storm?
    10-27-08 06:22 PM
    It's already been reported by Verizon insiders that it's Nov. 15th
    iv heard the same word from a rep i know
    10-27-08 06:31 PM
    Someone at HoFo posted this:
    "Accoriding to my local Verizon contacts in California, Verizon notified their retail stores that the release would now be Nov. 7 with 100 units allocated per store. The supposed price is to be $269.99 with a $70.00 rebate. "
    I want to believe it but my gut says he's full of ish. This is his 1st post. Can some retail VZW people here confirm this?
    10-27-08 06:42 PM
    just take the 15th dates that's been confirmed by many including the front page article and run with it.

It's only 2 weeks.
    i think the speculation can stop, except for the speculation of an early online/telesales possibility.
    10-27-08 06:46 PM
    Someone at HoFo posted this:

I want to believe it but my gut says he's full of ish. This is his 1st post. Can some retail VZW people here confirm this?
    im in retail sales.. but im on the whole other side of the country. i didnt receive any emails about pricing, didnt receive any emails about an "official" release date, lookin like the 15 or 16 (i know over here in the philly market, NJ specifically, we have storm trainings on the 5 and on the 14..) and definitly have no idea how many storms each store will be getting. the date makes sense*before it got pushed back*.. even the pricing makes sense, but i dont believe inventory is going to send 100 phones per store.. thats a lot of stores and a lot of storms lol. i think theyll start out with a smaller amount of phones, see how much their selling and then continue to stock up the stores for whatever theyre selling like normal.. but, its highly anticipated so you never know... and if he did get all that info, how come i dont get it =(

i THOUGHT i was IN!?
    10-27-08 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD