Hey I want this phone as bad as anyone else.
    Complain all u want you are still gonna get it.
    This is probably the hottest new phone coming out.
    So face if we are all just being P U N K E D by VZW.....
    Sooooo shaddup up. Like CX said 95% don't know
    about it. We do because we are tech junkies.
    Soooooo hey relax; just play with your old $hit till
    the Storm comes out; look at the pics and vids.....
    Sheesh its juuuust a phone.
    That I want; a lot; a whole lot terribly.
    Ok DARN it I will admit it; I had a Storm Dream
    last night no joke I did.
    YA Satisfied......................................... .....................
    11-07-08 12:32 PM
    Well I'm not looking for the phone until dec 9th here at Telus.
    CX did allude to Dec. 8th being for Verizon too...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/tel...ck-tour-90287/
    Last edited by GpCaptMandrake; 11-07-08 at 12:37 PM.
    11-07-08 12:34 PM
    Didn't verizon already say it was gonna be the 23rd?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    verizon? actually say something??? H*LLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO!!!!!

we will probably know on the 25th, that it was released the day before
    11-07-08 12:35 PM
    Just got off the phone with my local VZW store. They are maintaining the company story, which is that they don't have any info.

That said, the guy on the phone told me that they are now taking names and phone numbers for people who are interested in the Storm. Their plan is to call those individuals on the list no later than 11/14/08 with release information. I gave them my info and asked if the store would be calling me or if there is a different group within the company that will be fielding those calls. I was told that the store will not be calling and that VZW has set up a special group that will be conducting those calls. The guy on the phone said the response to this device far exceeds what they were expecting and he couldn't gaurantee that a device would be available for every interested customer on release day (whenever that happens).

So, take it FWIW....just wanted to pass along my most recent VZW experience with respect to release info...
    11-07-08 12:59 PM
    Well i just actually saw my corp sales rep and he showed me the memo they received saying the official date of release will be the 23rd and the reason it got delayed is they are adding some additional application to the OS. as for the OS version, that is apparently set it stone.

well anyways you can take it for what its worth.
    11-07-08 01:17 PM
    I pre-ordered mine yesterday from Vodafone here in the Netherlands, and today received an e-mail telling me soon and blah-blah.
    One of the leading dutch tech websites (tweakers.net) had an article yesterday in which a Vodafone representative declared that they will be shipping next week. I can't wait!
    I've been reading up on the storm for about a month now and everytime new info became available I got more hyped!
    11-07-08 01:34 PM
    <sigh> G'head and rub it in...
    11-07-08 01:44 PM
    Well i just actually saw my corp sales rep and he showed me the memo they received saying the official date of release will be the 23rd and the reason it got delayed is they are adding some additional application to the OS. as for the OS version, that is apparently set it stone.

well anyways you can take it for what its worth.
    or locking down the GPS........LOL
    11-07-08 02:23 PM
    or locking down the GPS........LOL
    haha true dat.

I will be ticked if they held off in order to add V Cast TV support or something that I could have lived without initially.
    11-07-08 02:30 PM
    According to the tech I talked with, Vcast is supposed to be coming in January with the 4.7.1 update... The hold up with TA'ing this OS was a lag in the accelerometer - which is apparently fixed - or something they can live with now?
    11-07-08 03:17 PM
    <sigh> G'head and rub it in...
    I wouldn't. All I will do is post a whole bunch of pictures of me unpacking the beauty and setting and up and stuf... not to rub it on or anything...
    11-07-08 04:26 PM
    markcb- hehe! i wish my toast was all knowing!!
    11-07-08 06:05 PM
    The store manager in our city emailed me that the release date has slipped to 11/23 and that date isn't solid. So I guess the posts about the software update before the release are true. This store is opening 2 hours early for the release. He said that most phone introductions are pretty boring for store managers, but this one blew them away! Everybody loved the Storm! I waited forever for the BOLD, but will switch from ATT to Verizon for this phone. I'm new to Blackberry and am excited as I can be. I'll be back after I get the Storm asking stupid questions and I'm pretty good at that. I have to admit that you Blackberry abusers are as energized as most of the computer geeks I've run across. Thats a good thing by the way!
    11-07-08 07:24 PM
    Any VZW employee know when the phone will first be available? I mean online or by phone since Verizon always releases 'hype' phones this way.
    11-07-08 07:52 PM
    yay more glitches how nice
    11-07-08 07:55 PM
    I wouldn't. All I will do is post a whole bunch of pictures of me unpacking the beauty and setting and up and stuf... not to rub it on or anything...
    Yeah, I don't think I'll complain too much if you do that
    11-08-08 08:06 AM
    i heard this rumor BlackBerry Storm Priced at $200, Delay Caused by Software
    11-08-08 08:41 AM
    Bah... release the phone already.
    11-08-08 09:33 AM
    Just heard from my rep. It appears that Verizon got some pressure from major retailers and will be releasing it on December 26th, so as to not take Christmas sales away from other, non-phone, items in the stores
    11-08-08 09:38 AM
    the delay is in part becouse big red had a change of heart and is enabling Wifi... read this on a tech blog...

11-08-08 10:04 AM
    the delay is in part becouse big red had a change of heart and is enabling Wifi... read this on a tech blog...

how bout u NOT try to start this...
    11-08-08 10:25 AM
    Starting to appreciate my curve a whole lot more. Longest I've held money in my wallet ever. This storm madness is rediculous

11-08-08 10:42 AM
    My neighbor's dog told me the 23 also.
    Also I toasted some bread this morning it, when it popped out of the toaster, I saw an image of the blackberry storm on one side, and "Nov 23, 2008" on the other.
    LOL! this is the winner!
    11-08-08 10:44 AM
    Starting to appreciate my curve a whole lot more. Longest I've held money in my wallet ever. This storm madness is rediculous

Yea I don't know how much longer I can hold my money either, it might just go to my verizon bill instead lol
    11-08-08 11:31 AM
    tell me about it ! i never can hold money .. i have held this for 4 months for me thats like impressive lol.. but i so tempted to just go buy a curve.
    11-08-08 11:35 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD