Just received an email from our Verizon rep. Definitely November 23 (he is always right).
    11-07-08 10:26 AM
    lol, we'll see
    11-07-08 10:27 AM
    I emailed my company's corporate rep about the BestBuy pre-order and asked him if he was going to get them before BestBuy was (any reason for me to hit him up for info).

He replied back with a reservation form for me to fill out and give back to him. He said in his email reply that "I was planning on sending the reservation forms out on 11/14...a week before supposed release date. You can just send it in now."

My rep is in NYC
    11-07-08 10:45 AM
    I don't want to wait that long!!! :*********( lol
    11-07-08 10:50 AM
    Got the same date (23rd) from our corporate rep yesterday also.
    11-07-08 11:01 AM
    yesterday i asked my husband's rep if he could get me the new phone that comes out the 15th and he said it would be out the 23rd also.
    11-07-08 11:09 AM
    It's the 23rd, until next week when they change the date again
    11-07-08 11:10 AM
    He also said that that the 23rd is the "latest release date", which makes me think its still not set in stone.

Other note of interest is that he cannot send us any demo units until the actual release. This is a first for us as he in the past has always been able to get us test units before the release.
    11-07-08 11:27 AM
    I'm getting tired of this crap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 11:30 AM
    FWIW i too was told 23rd.... , but notabun is right .. that is until next week when it changes ... but this sounds like a solid date given the fact vzw president said he can garentee it will be out b4 turkey day so ... o well couple more weeks.
    11-07-08 11:30 AM
    Didn't verizon already say it was gonna be the 23rd?

11-07-08 11:33 AM
    Didn't verizon already say it was gonna be the 23rd?

Not as far as i know ... if there something you know/saw please enlighten us !!
    11-07-08 11:35 AM
    My neighbor's dog told me the 23 also.
    Also I toasted some bread this morning it, when it popped out of the toaster, I saw an image of the blackberry storm on one side, and "Nov 23, 2008" on the other.
    11-07-08 11:36 AM
    vodaphone have confirmed 14th Nov 2008 delivery will begin for those storms pre-ordered.
    11-07-08 11:37 AM
    They need to say how much it's gonna cost!
    11-07-08 11:37 AM
    Also I toasted some bread this morning it, when it popped out of the toaster, I saw an image of the blackberry storm on one side, and "Nov 23, 2008" on the other.
    wow ... lol .. thats funny hahahhahaha lol...

vodaphone have confirmed 14th Nov 2008 delivery will begin for those storms pre-ordered.
    GOOD FOR THEM LOL i want it for big red now
    11-07-08 11:38 AM
    basic package of 600 minutes unlimited texts unlimited internet and email 40GBP per month over 18months.
    11-07-08 11:43 AM
    verizon stands there with their arms folded so they can say "Well we never saaaiidd a day" and think that they don't look like dicks because of that little detail.

but they do.
    11-07-08 11:47 AM
    My Rep also said that he has gotten more call for the Storm than any other blackberry at its time of release by far. Verizon is expecting it to be a major hit.
    11-07-08 11:48 AM
    Well I'm not looking for the phone until dec 9th here at Telus.
    11-07-08 11:49 AM
    HAHAHAHA!! WOW!!
    11-07-08 12:06 PM
    verizon stands there with their arms folded so they can say "Well we never saaaiidd a day" and think that they don't look like dicks because of that little detail.

but they do.
    Agreed...this "soon" sh|t is getting old. Even if the date is a month out, say a firm release date.

I compare this to the TV show "Lost". I watched it at first...was totally hooked. But, after 2 seasons of crazy cliff-hangers and the writers absolute refusal to answer ANY questions, it just got old and I stopped watching it. They would answer one question an episode...and ask 5 more. So, by the end of the first season there were like 20 unanswered questions. Season 2 premire comes out...answers none of them...just brings up 5 more.

This is how I'm beginning to feel about the Storm. This "it can't be pushed back because we never said a release date" isn't working anymore.

Clearly, it's been pushed back because of how reluctant they obviously are to put out a firm release date. And if it's as some have said...Verizon has a firm release date, they're just not telling us...then yeah, they're just being dicks.
    11-07-08 12:12 PM
    final software release is suppose to be completed by the 13th. as things look now it may be completed a few days earlier.
    11-07-08 12:14 PM
    Agreed...this "soon" sh|t is getting old. Even if the date is a month out, say a firm release date.

I compare this to the TV show "Lost". I watched it at first...was totally hooked. But, after 2 seasons of crazy cliff-hangers and the writers absolute refusal to answer ANY questions, it just got old and I stopped watching it. They would answer one question an episode...and ask 5 more. So, by the end of the first season there were like 20 unanswered questions. Season 2 premire comes out...answers none of them...just brings up 5 more.

This is how I'm beginning to feel about the Storm. This "it can't be pushed back because we never said a release date" isn't working anymore.

Clearly, it's been pushed back because of how reluctant they obviously are to put out a firm release date. And if it's as some have said...Verizon has a firm release date, they're just not telling us...then yeah, they're just being dicks.
    You said some very important information here.

"At first I was hooked" and you stayed for two seasons.
    Now imagine if you were a person who didn't read up on this site, and saw the Storm commercial, and the info about it on Verizon. Wouldn't you be interested for awhile until everything about this phone is released. VZW marketing has been perfect to draw people in, as CX always says this phone hasn't been officially announced for a month. Us addicts here know 95% more about the phone then someone who doesn't visit this site daily. In the end, they will get your business if you really want the phone.
    11-07-08 12:16 PM
    You said some very important information here.

"At first I was hooked" and you stayed for two seasons.
    Now imagine if you were a person who didn't read up on this site, and saw the Storm commercial, and the info about it on Verizon. Wouldn't you be interested for awhile until everything about this phone is released. VZW marketing has been perfect to draw people in, as CX always says this phone hasn't been officially announced for a month. Us addicts here know 95% more about the phone then someone who doesn't visit this site daily. In the end, they will get your business if you really want the phone.
    Exactly. Habious, do you think VZ is just stringing us a long to play with our emotions? Don't you think they are anxious to get this out? This is potentially going to be a huge $ opportunity for them. However, if they release it with buggy software, it could be a huge embarrassment. I have every confidence that the "delays" (By the way, you can't delay a date that hasn't first been set) are due to the mgetting everything right at release.
    Then again, maybe I'm just naive
    11-07-08 12:25 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD