• Nov 11

5 3.11%
  • Nov 16

47 29.19%
  • Nov 17

14 8.70%
  • Other

35 21.74%
    So a lot of dates have been thrown around about the release date of the storm, so I thought I would start a poll with all the dates that I have found.
    10-17-08 10:52 AM
    I hope it's either before November 1st, or after the 8th. I'll be in Spain that week, and if it releases while I am out of the country, I'm going to go nuts!!
    10-17-08 10:56 AM
    I will base my vote on when I think it will be available first online, not in stores. I believe it will not be a simultaneous release.
    10-17-08 10:56 AM
    you need to add November 4th
    10-17-08 10:59 AM
    you need to add November 4th
    I can't edit the poll.

I guess I need a mod to do it for me.

You can always choose other.
    10-17-08 11:07 AM
    Other.... November 10th.
    10-17-08 11:12 AM
    Other.... November 10th.
    Ok, looks like I am going to have to create a free online poll that lets me put more dates - :P
    10-17-08 11:14 AM
    i like nov 2
    10-17-08 11:16 AM
    November 16th just sounds right. Long enough after the election to make news and far enough away from Black Friday to spread the word so that many know about it.
    10-17-08 11:20 AM
    I think it'll be late November based on what I'm seeing in the forums here. But I'd bet it's before Black Friday. Can't wait!!!
    10-17-08 11:27 AM
    i say Dec.22 right before Xmas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 11:59 AM
    It's all a conspiracy...the storm is going to be released on November 4th in a Democratic / Republican plot to have all of us too distracted to go vote for Obama / McCain (circle the party / candidate of your choice)
    10-17-08 01:21 PM
    My BDay, Nov 26. Who's gonna buy it for me?
    10-17-08 01:33 PM
    I am guessing Nov. 11th. A lot of media seems to be released on Tuesdays. Movies, music, etc. VZW's most recent phone (motorola kraze ZN4) was released Oct. 14th. The stores had it the weekend before, but I heard them tell a customer he couldn't sell it until the 14th.
    10-17-08 01:42 PM
    Oct 30th. I am spaciorek and I approve this message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 01:48 PM
    Will it be released in the morning or the afternoon?
    10-17-08 01:58 PM
    Will it be released in the morning or the afternoon?
    Nice!

Going to post it now - :P

Your having to much fun with this aren't you - :P
    10-17-08 02:00 PM
    Just got off the phone with VZW and the guy said the Storm was suppose to already be out, but he says they want to get it out in time for Christmas.

I really hope it comes out this month - :P
    10-18-08 11:53 AM
    My source told me last week nov 3. so thats my choice. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back
    10-22-08 07:03 AM
    First three dates have come and gone. I chose the 11th, I still have a chance, but would love to be wrong if the date is earlier.
    11-04-08 09:59 AM
    Just got off the phone with VZW and the guy said the Storm was suppose to already be out, but he says they want to get it out in time for Christmas.
    Do you guys know a lot of people who buy cell phones as Christmas gifts? I see this "in time for Christmas" line all the time, but it just doesn't make sense to me. The way I see it, the closer to Christmas this phone releases, the less money I will have to spend on gifts for other people. I wanted this phone out yesterday so I could buy it and start saving money for actual Christmas gifts for family and friends.

"Hey, who is your cell provider? Can you give me your account information? I am getting you something really cool for Christmas! You'll never guess what!"
    11-04-08 10:42 AM
    Do you guys know a lot of people who buy cell phones as Christmas gifts? I see this "in time for Christmas" line all the time, but it just doesn't make sense to me. The way I see it, the closer to Christmas this phone releases, the less money I will have to spend on gifts for other people. I wanted this phone out yesterday so I could buy it and start saving money for actual Christmas gifts for family and friends.

"Hey, who is your cell provider? Can you give me your account information? I am getting you something really cool for Christmas! You'll never guess what!"
    I've had my phone be a gift for me a couple times...you realize parents, significant others, and maybe even relatives would not have a difficult time getting their info...but, the closer they release to christmas, the less time people have to hear about it and buy it...either way, the phone is coming out soon...the end of the month is a few weeks out, so the wait will be less then a few weeks atleast
    11-04-08 11:17 AM
    I've had my phone be a gift for me a couple times...you realize parents, significant others, and maybe even relatives would not have a difficult time getting their info...
    Yes, I can see that this happening with children, teens and spouses. I just don't see it happening outside of families... and it doesn't seem especially likely that people will want to get their children and teens a BlackBerry smartphone that comes with a hefty data plan. It just seems like a terrible marketing perspective... which doesn't necessarily surprise me considering this campaign.

(Not to say that this is Verizon's plan at all. It's just something I see brought up a lot. C-Net's Holiday Guide is replete with cell phones, and it just seems very strange that an industry that depends on "2-year contracts" to lure people in with palatable prices would put so much stock into such a small isolated window. When considering "gift giving," everything about cell phones is limiting.

That said, I would not be surprised at all if they chose anywhere close to Black Friday. In my opinion, I think that is the wrong way to go, but it seems to be a popular go-to date for these retail companies -- even ones that don't follow typical retail conventions.)
    11-04-08 12:04 PM
    My wife bought me the Voyager the day it came out last year for x-mas. She's getting me the Storm whenever it does come out for x-mas.I told her Nov. 15TH, I'm sticking w/that date.
    11-04-08 12:32 PM
    Nov 23rd is what I am hearing now
    11-04-08 01:31 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD