Can Someone tell me an approximate date when Verizon will release an updated Os to fix...
    "cant type well"
    "wont rotate"
    "random reboots"
    "camera is not usable"
    "laggy"
    Last edited by bimmerfest; 12-07-08 at 01:27 AM.
    12-07-08 01:16 AM
    If .75, or .76 hasn't solved or at least reduced the severity of any of these issues, then you might just need to return/exchange your phone.
    12-07-08 01:19 AM
    please add a question mark to the end of your thread title next time. your thread implies you know the date and wasted alot of peoples times.
    12-07-08 01:25 AM
    If .75, or .76 hasn't solved or at least reduced the severity of any of these issues, then you might just need to return/exchange your phone.
    yea it reduced some of the lag but it still exists ( for a 500 dollar phone this isn't acceptable) and from reading these forums the majority of people have these issues those that don't, won't really admit it.
    12-07-08 01:26 AM
    I don't have those problems at all. Sounds like your phone is bugged from user incompetence.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 01:29 AM
    I don't have those problems at all. Sounds like your phone is bugged from user incompetence.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    *sniff sniff* Do you smell that?... It smells like someone got BURNED!
    12-07-08 01:38 AM
    yea it reduced some of the lag but it still exists ( for a 500 dollar phone this isn't acceptable) and from reading these forums the majority of people have these issues those that don't, won't really admit it.
    if people don't admit to problems, how can you say they have these issues.
    12-07-08 01:38 AM
    *sniff sniff* Do you smell that?... It smells like someone got BURNED!
    Sounds like someone is getting taunted by a fanboy of the Storm to another fellow Storm user who's having legitimate problems with the phone. I'm not really seeing any "burn" here; just stupidity.
    12-07-08 03:54 AM
    @yeomanrycavalry
    All I was doing was agreeing with Mordback. The OP said "people have these issues those that don't, won't really admit it." I was agreeing that I do not have those problems thus proving the statement of the OP WORNG. Thus the burn, so don't call me stupid. If you had read everything you would have understood the statement better.
    Last edited by Clover86; 12-07-08 at 04:11 AM.
    12-07-08 04:04 AM
    @yeomanrycavalry
    All I was doing was agreeing with Mordback. The OP said "people have these issues those that don't, won't really admit it." I was agreeing that I do not have those problems thus proving the statement of the OP WORNG. Thus the burn, so don't call me stupid. If you had read everything you would have understood the statement better.
    Worng?

Next time you call someone out, try not to commit spelling atrocities.
    12-07-08 05:25 AM
    haha yeah I caught it afterwards, just didn't feel like fixing it. Also I am a little dyslexic and it was 5am when I wrote it.
    Last edited by Clover86; 12-07-08 at 05:37 AM.
    12-07-08 05:34 AM
    Well have to admit I have upgraded and although the phone still lags a little and my rotation has locked twice now. There is still problems and I'm sure another update which will be along soon will help rectify this some more.

Coming from a long line of Win Mobile devices right back to CE 1.0 you Blackberry guys have been spoilt !!! Every Win Mobile phone I have had which was new to market was shocking with respect to lag and lock ups . The storm was a bit refreshing to me as the problems I can live with as I'm not constantly rebooting the device.

All in all its a top phone with a few minor bugs that are software related only .

Well I am now a blackberry user and I have no doubt I will never return to Win Mo or symbian . It just does what it says on the tin!! With no modifying or flashing a custom ROM ! I just hope the Storm 2 doesn't arrive before my contract is up or the family will go hungry for a month
    12-07-08 05:50 AM
    Can Someone tell me an approximate date when Verizon will release an updated Os to fix...
    "cant type well"
    "wont rotate"
    "random reboots"
    "camera is not usable"
    "laggy"
    I can answer this. Next update will be sometime in 2008 and we will see other o.s. updates in 2009.

"cant type well" - try Mavis typing beacon on your computer for proficiency
    "wont rotate" - take a gymnastics class
    "random reboots" - keep the battery out
    "camera is not usable" - find a better subject to take a picture of

--O.P. I'm not quite sure how this thread is anything different than the p&m threads already in existence.
    12-07-08 07:45 AM
    Oddly enough, I have none of your problems. Perhaps you got a bad phone? I can type just fine, it rotates in less than half a second, it hasn't rebooted by itself ever (and I've had it since 8AM on the 21st of Nov), and my camera works....it's slow......but it works.

If your phone doesn't work, get a new one. That's what the 30 days are for (and the warranty for that matter). If you hate it, and just want to *****, quit complaining and swap it out for another phone. Pretty simple solutions if you ask me.
    12-07-08 09:00 AM
    I too have no issues, .65 sucked (I ADMIT THAT).

I still have the leaked .75 OS and its running super smooth. Locking and unlocking works fast. I can switch to landscape and portrait faster than my friends with the jesus phone. Ive had one reboot since owning the device, 10am 22nd. It was in my pocket, was rebooting when I pulled it out.

Most of your issues you need addressing are software related, if the updates either, leaked .75, legit .75 or .76 bell dont work for you, by all means get it replaced and try your luck once more. If that doesn't work, perhaps the phone cannot meet your satisfaction -- try another kind of device.

Good luck.
    12-07-08 10:47 AM
    I had all the issues the OP listed with .75.
    12-07-08 10:50 AM
    "cant type well"
    "wont rotate"
    "random reboots"
    "camera is not usable"
    "laggy"
    Do a full device wipe, upgrade to the current OS .75 and I imagine your problems will go away, except that the camera will be slow. Mine takes about 5 seconds to take a picture.

Also, do the clicking fix discussed elsewhere in this forum. Use a T6 torx screwdriver to slightly loosed the screen. Worked wonders for me.

Hope that helps.
    12-07-08 10:55 AM
    i have to admit, my phone has been good so far. it was laggy with .65 for sure and keyboard was a bit wonky but since the leaked .75 or legit .75 or bell .76 it has been worlds better.

still has a few things to work on but i dont know one smart phone that dosnt. Sounds like you got a buggered phone, call and get a replacement. There is a new hardware version anyway just make sure you stress you want a NEW phone when you talk to the VZW people and not a referb
    12-07-08 10:56 AM
    whoever is paying 500 for this phone needs to seek help. you either have way too much money or just need to open your eyes. after all the rebates and such i paid 99+taxes for my phone. for that price you cannot beat this phone.

as for the problems .75 fixed alot of problems but another update is still needed. i would like to think that after this next update whenever it comes out will probably fix the phone to perfection.
    12-07-08 07:08 PM
    Well have to admit I have upgraded and although the phone still lags a little and my rotation has locked twice now. There is still problems and I'm sure another update which will be along soon will help rectify this some more.

Coming from a long line of Win Mobile devices right back to CE 1.0 you Blackberry guys have been spoilt !!! Every Win Mobile phone I have had which was new to market was shocking with respect to lag and lock ups . The storm was a bit refreshing to me as the problems I can live with as I'm not constantly rebooting the device.

All in all its a top phone with a few minor bugs that are software related only .

Well I am now a blackberry user and I have no doubt I will never return to Win Mo or symbian . It just does what it says on the tin!! With no modifying or flashing a custom ROM ! I just hope the Storm 2 doesn't arrive before my contract is up or the family will go hungry for a month
    Yeah WinMo is a dying bloated cow. I dont think it will ever be a good solid and stable OS. You speak very true words on this!!

Blackberry OS is a great OS and it was built right from the ground up. It may have its ups and downs but it is a good OS and the theory behind stands true. Hopefully the small issues here and there will be remedied quickly along with the major updates they need to do to make the OS grow as the hardware it uses grows.
    12-07-08 07:27 PM
    .76 Bell upgrade after full wipe seemed to do mine alot of good. I can't really complain now. If your having issues with typing, you may suffer from hot dog fingers, might want to get that checked out...
    12-07-08 07:32 PM
    The typing is all you, you can't calibrate the screen because of the design. It's not the dare.

As far as updates, the last update for the Curve came out a week before the storm so you can expect many more of these before everything is 'smoothed out'.
    12-07-08 07:38 PM
    Psychic are you? You know how my Storm works and I just won't admit it doesn't work well? Gee, if you're so smart you should have known not to buy a Storm yourself.

Maybe, just maybe you got a really bad one, or unlikely, I got the only good one out there! Come on with the bitchin already. It's a friggin phone with a few really nice bells and whistles added. And mine work VERY WELL!
    12-07-08 07:58 PM
    I think those that still arent happy should keep complaining, otherwise verizon and rim will think they hae paid enough overtime to their developers for now and stop pressing on emergency updates.

I for one like the new update but still have a reservoir of troubles that need to be fixed.

and now i am worried that the phoen will not fall into the extended holiday return policy. if you read the receipt carefully, it specifically says "30 days" to try out the phone. the thing at the bottom is not for the phone gaurantee.
    12-07-08 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD