I loaded .83, didn't wipe, just installed over .75.

Now when I try to use Garmin Mobile it asks me to register, but when i Use the code proived to me originally, it says

"the registration code you have entered is not valid" "please verify the code you entered matches the one supplied by Handango"

I've written to Garmin, but in the mean time, am I screwed?
    12-20-08 12:28 AM
    because you are using a leaked OS the garmin might not be completely compatible with the new OS so yes your registration would be showing as invalid because its for an older OS that its not designed for. I'm sure once the update comes out officially it will work
    12-20-08 12:46 AM
    Nope. I restored the 'official' .75. Still no work-y
    12-20-08 12:10 PM
    Nope. I restored the 'official' .75. Still no work-y
    I think ff the Garmin is asking you to activate again you need to go support and
    get a new key as the one they e-mail you when you first purchase the software are only good for 48 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by soseran; 12-21-08 at 09:14 AM.
    12-21-08 08:17 AM
    i updated to .83 and my garmin is working fine and i didnt have to enter the code again....so i assume it is compatible
    12-21-08 09:03 AM
    If the Garmin is asking you to register again you need to go online and
    get a new key they are only good for 48 hours.
    I sent them an email and will call on Monday, but I don't see on their web-site or on my account how to get another key. Are you familiar with this process?
    12-21-08 09:05 AM
    I loaded .83, didn't wipe, just installed over .75.

Now when I try to use Garmin Mobile it asks me to register, but when i Use the code proived to me originally, it says

"the registration code you have entered is not valid" "please verify the code you entered matches the one supplied by Handango"

I've written to Garmin, but in the mean time, am I screwed?
    The Activation Code is only good for 24 hours. Contact Garmin with the original Activation code they sent you and they'll send you another one to re-activate your product.
    12-21-08 09:07 AM
    If the Garmin is asking you to register again you need to go online and
    get a new key they are only good for 48 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thought it was only 24 hours, but you are right about getting a new one on-line!
    12-21-08 09:08 AM
    I sent them an email and will call on Monday, but I don't see on their web-site or on my account how to get another key. Are you familiar with this process?
    I believe it's in the Order History path. When you click on the Garmin app order it should allow you to "Generate New Activation Code"...
    12-21-08 09:11 AM
    I believe it's in the Order History path. When you click on the Garmin app order it should allow you to "Generate New Activation Code"...
    When I get to 'order history', then I clcik on 'view order', there are no further options other than to print copy of the receipt
    12-21-08 09:46 AM
    I did a backup and app backup, and then wiped my phone. After the .83 install my backup, and apps, including Garmin, all reinstalled without requiring any activation codes. As others have stated, your activation code was only good for 24hrs. after your initial purchase, so it sounds like it's time for a call to Garmin. Good luck.
    12-21-08 09:52 AM
    Just a thought but did you restore your settings?
    12-21-08 10:34 AM
    I had the same thing happen to me with my Storm when I upgraded the OS. I called Garmin, and the guy issued a new code and link to upload the software.

They will take care of you.

BTW Garmin works fine on .83

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    12-21-08 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD