Well I had to return the original Storm I had since Dec. 15, 2008, due to the dust issue. I recieved my refurb replacement on 2-13-09. And it has a CLICK issue. On the bottom of the screen right above the return key, the one with the arrow on it, the screen does not click. It barely clicks above the end/power key, (the red one). Overall the click quality is great, slightly better than the one I had, minus the "dead-click zone."
    What a disapointment. I would have figured that RIM, (or Verizon, since it is a refurb), would have this all figured out and fixed by now. Also, on the top of the screen where it meets up with the main housing, you can slide your finger across the top, from left to right, and feel where the screen is sloping slightly upwards, just below the LED light display. I guess there is some kind of warping going on under the hood. Great job quality control!!
    All this said, it is back to Verizon to order Storm number 3. Which is a disapointment since I was in love with my first one. Minus the dust of course.
    02-15-09 10:54 AM
    I thought I was lucky and had gotten away without any issues. I've just started noticing dust under my screen and it's become an irritation. The first major issue I've had!!

I called VZW today and they're doing a warranty replacement. Let's hope that I'm not opening myself up to other bloody issues!

Sorry to hear about all your issues!
    Last edited by bbsean; 02-15-09 at 01:22 PM.
    02-15-09 01:19 PM
    Well I had to return the original Storm I had since Dec. 15, 2008, due to the dust issue. I recieved my refurb replacement on 2-13-09. And it has a CLICK issue. On the bottom of the screen right above the return key, the one with the arrow on it, the screen does not click. It barely clicks above the end/power key, (the red one). Overall the click quality is great, slightly better than the one I had, minus the "dead-click zone."
    What a disapointment. I would have figured that RIM, (or Verizon, since it is a refurb), would have this all figured out and fixed by now. Also, on the top of the screen where it meets up with the main housing, you can slide your finger across the top, from left to right, and feel where the screen is sloping slightly upwards, just below the LED light display. I guess there is some kind of warping going on under the hood. Great job quality control!!
    All this said, it is back to Verizon to order Storm number 3. Which is a disapointment since I was in love with my first one. Minus the dust of course.
    Is there a way to remove the dust yourself? I only ask because I'm interested in getting one.
    02-15-09 05:42 PM
    Is there a way to remove the dust yourself? I only ask because I'm interested in getting one.
    I have heard of people using compressed air, like Dust Off in the can, but I heard sometimes it pushes the dust farther into the screen. I do not know if this is true or not as I also got a replacement when I had dust under my screen.
    02-15-09 05:56 PM
    I thought I was lucky and had gotten away without any issues. I've just started noticing dust under my screen and it's become an irritation. The first major issue I've had!!

I called VZW today and they're doing a warranty replacement. Let's hope that I'm not opening myself up to other bloody issues!

Sorry to hear about all your issues!
    Don't take this the wrong way but, uh....There are these GAPS on every side, up, down left and right. They all have a gap which will (in time) expose ANY Storm to dust.

The only way to prevent dust accumulation is to purchase an enclosed holder for the phone.
    02-15-09 06:13 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion - can you recommend such a holder? I've not found any such beast as of yet.

Based on other posts here, it seems that some people just haven't had this problem - I guess, as you said, time will tell!

Edit 1838hrs: I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but it looks like this might do the trick - there seems to be some sort of rubber 'flange' around the screen: BlackBerry Storm Defender Case // OtterBox.com

Don't take this the wrong way but, uh....There are these GAPS on every side, up, down left and right. They all have a gap which will (in time) expose ANY Storm to dust.

The only way to prevent dust accumulation is to purchase an enclosed holder for the phone.
    Last edited by bbsean; 02-15-09 at 06:39 PM.
    02-15-09 06:27 PM
    BecerraC, sounds like you got my replacement #1 refurb that I had to send back.
    Oh, but mine had a really loose end key, too.
    02-15-09 06:37 PM
    Lol. No they must have fixed the end key. But I know that the gaps will allow dust but not inbetween the glass and display screen. That's like condensation in the headlights of a car. Not suppose to be there. Ill get my replacement and keep the fingers crossed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 08:42 PM
    The storm screen is held down by glue, so if you get dust under it then that means your screen is not sealed. Get your replacement.
    02-16-09 01:19 AM

Would a Zagg invisibleshield work for that?
    02-16-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD