I like how you can say "the unboxing" and everyone knows which one it is....cus there was only one....because this storm launch on Vodafone was complete and utter UK FAIL.

(Just a side note I plan on moving there after graduating college )
    Hi

With regards to the button it looks like there is a design fault with the case that Vodafone supply with the Storm. I don't know if verizon will send out the Storm with the same case. Don't you guys in the States get a holster with Blackberrys?

"Vodafone was complete and utter UK FAIL"

Well yes and no. I think that Vodafone put the Storm on sale a bit to early. However the UK Vodafone eFourm for example was full of posts asking why Vodafone could not give us a date and screaming for the handset. If management at Vodafone take any notice of their own site and with Christmas next month there would of been a lot of pressure to get the Storm on sale. I am sure that RIM & Vodafone will fix most of the problems within a few weeks. (Can't wait to see what Verizon customers make of it)

From US website's & podcasts it looks to me as if Blackberry sell to a larger range of people in the States than they do in the UK. Until recently most people in the UK have seen Blackberry as a business tool. So for many people here the Storm will be their first Blackberry "maybe their first smartphone". This will bring its own issues, if in the past you have had a Nokia, a Sony Ericsson or a Samsung then its going to take time to get used to a Blackberry.

I feel that the iPhone is a consumer phone more than a business phone and
    O2 here have sold it as such. I think that the Storm is more a business phone than a consumer phone, but Vodafone are trying to sell it to the consumer who would buy the iPhone.

As for how well people in the UK look after their phones, everyone is different. But no one will treat their handset like its a delicate piece of China all of the time. It should be expected to handle everyday life.

Alex
    11-19-08 05:00 AM
    i am sorry but....

either it the fact that i am up at 4am, and got little/no sleep, or maybe i am just sick. but i can't stop laughing... button fell off... *tries to put hand over his mouth*
    11-19-08 05:14 AM
    I think all the red phone buttons will fall off. Mostly it will happen during a call. Its so you wont be able to hang up! You'll go way over your minutes and then they can bill you till you bleed!!

Ok, back to reality....lets get some pictures!

I wonder if anyone has destroyed one of these yet. It would be cool to see whats inside.
    11-19-08 05:59 AM
    Removable buttons are cool...
    11-19-08 08:41 AM
    OK, so where the frack are the pics already?
    11-19-08 09:31 AM
    the rest of the phone fell apart your not getting your pics.
    11-19-08 09:44 AM
    OK, so where the frack are the pics already?

Musta fell through the gaps...

Sorry, I had to...I believe this has already been posted, but threads are gettin buried pretty quick..vodaphone put up this forum as a way to get feedback, I don't think what they are getting is what they planned.....
    Voda Storm Forum...

button thread

It was said earlier also, reading through that, the camera seems a bit buggy....
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 11-19-08 at 10:00 AM.
    11-19-08 09:45 AM
    ive returned my storm because of a button falling as well!

Again it fell of whilst being put in the case!
    11-19-08 09:50 AM
    sorry not the best quality but you can get the jist, the back of the button is literally glued on with two very slight hooks at the back, it was weird as i put it in the case it came off, not sure how wasnt the white label i dont think.

Also i haver sony ericsson p series phones and the iphone and know how to use a blackberry was being very careful with it wouldnt let anyone touch it.

it is now off back and cancellingthe contract, you can now upgrade to them i am using my mums contract to get a second storm, good times.

Content Not Found | Facebook
    11-19-08 10:37 AM
    the link does work btw
    11-19-08 10:41 AM
    sorry not the best quality but you can get the jist, the back of the button is literally glued on with two very slight hooks at the back, it was weird as i put it in the case it came off, not sure how wasnt the white label i dont think.

Also i haver sony ericsson p series phones and the iphone and know how to use a blackberry was being very careful with it wouldnt let anyone touch it.

it is now off back and cancellingthe contract, you can now upgrade to them i am using my mums contract to get a second storm, good times.

Button fell off pics
    Fixed the link didn't realize those were the pics,,,doh. Thanks for putting them up.
    11-19-08 10:45 AM
    Lame... i would return that right away. Pitch a fit...
    11-19-08 10:49 AM
    the sad thing is i know as soon as i get the new one something else will happen.

i have noticed some poor build quality in general like loose batter cover and also it did crash once but thats firmware issues obviously
    11-19-08 10:50 AM
    Great. this will be another 2 yrs of me constantly returning my phone to verizon wireless stores....like my lg chocolate < Dirt
    11-19-08 10:52 AM
    Agreed. Pics or it did not happen.
    Oh, please. I use the bathroom without pics, and I assure you--it happens. What you mean is "Pics, or I don't believe it." No one is asking you to be the arbiter of what has happened and what hasn't in the universe.
    11-19-08 11:04 AM
    Oh, please. I use the bathroom without pics, and I assure you--it happens. What you mean is "Pics, or I don't believe it." No one is asking you to be the arbiter of what has happened and what hasn't in the universe.
    But if you went to the bathroom in the woods, and nobody was there to hear it... did it really happen?
    11-19-08 11:16 AM
    with the button failing off, it just looks like a new unvailing for another feature...lol
    11-19-08 11:35 AM
    can i just point out it still works without the button like u can press it just no pretty red picture of the phone
    11-19-08 11:55 AM
    can i just point out it still works without the button like u can press it just no pretty red picture of the phone
    That is ridiculous. It is a blackberry, and for Vodafone and Verizon it is the flagship Blackberry. The "iphone competitor." Button's falling off, hardware problems... those are totally unacceptable. I can live with a couple software glitches that can be fixed with updates, I know no matter how hard QA tries they can't catch every bug, but hardware problems are totally unacceptable.

Plus, how lame will RIM look if people are trying to use the phone with broken buttons. Apple will be laughing their way to the bank. I know if the buttons fall off my Storm I'm scrapping that sucker and dropping Verizon for the Bold.
    11-19-08 12:15 PM
    exchange time....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 12:19 PM
    Remember we are the customers paying money for insurance and warrenty so i am just relaxed if it happens to me i go to store and give to them and they will replace under warrenty because if it is that common i am sure they will just give a new one and send these back to RIM.

By the way i hear that RIM is hiring they have a RIM JOB opening ... LOL
    11-19-08 12:21 PM
    just spoke to my friend and his dad had the same problem too so it is definatly very commen, its funny that with all this new technology the thing that goes wrong is something basic like a button
    11-19-08 05:21 PM
    this effing blows. hope they fix their hardware so if it happens i can get a better built phone. gonna be a pain in the *** if i have to return it 1+ times.
    11-19-08 06:31 PM
    11-20-08 06:55 AM
    I called Verizon and they had me take it to a store so a tech could verify it was not the result of a drop or something like that. The tech noted my account and a replacement is on the way.
    12-17-08 07:23 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD