was putting my storm in its case and the red phone button came off

it looks like it was only glued on really bad quality, im going to just super glue it back on rather than send it back to voadfone for them to, very dissapointed.

Also had some fool from an indian call centre call me telling me about how to pay a bill and how amazing my phone was and how i should insure it for 7 quid a month and he assumed i would take it and when i said i dont need it became really forceful so i hang up, awful service vodafone (apparently being a loyal customer 1 months free insurance is your reward phwah)
    11-18-08 08:01 PM
    could be a dud, any pics? not every sheep is white in the batch.
    11-18-08 08:10 PM
    It seems to be an on going problem .... Reference

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bro...problem-96097/
    Last edited by berrydelicious; 11-18-08 at 08:53 PM.
    11-18-08 08:45 PM
    I'll be exchanging it the very next day..................................if it happens to me
    11-18-08 08:47 PM
    We needs some pics of this. With the button off. I would like to see how the mechanism is designed to hold this button in place.

This is becoming a problem. I'm not going to get everyone running for the hills, but let's be open minded a sec and take a look at the evidence.

Please post pics. Up close and personal... please don't make them blurry.
    11-18-08 08:51 PM
    Agreed. Pics or it did not happen.
    11-18-08 08:55 PM
    So how deep does the rabbit-hole go?

Opps.... its button, not pill. My mistake.... sorry.
    11-18-08 08:58 PM
    ...but let's be open minded a sec and take a look at the evidence.
    Great point, Civic. I'm as excited as anyone about this new phone, but we should stay objective and as you said "open minded" about any potential issues.

After all, that's a big part of what this forum is all about.

BTW, what should I do if my screen gap falls off?
    11-18-08 09:10 PM
    I'm probably getting the plastic clip. I don't see it being a problem on there unless I just have really bad "docking"* skills

*couldn't think of a better word, lol
    11-18-08 09:13 PM
    Where are the pics of the button off the phone? come on! I'm all for this pics or it didn't happen thing. lol!
    11-18-08 09:16 PM
    Well, I hope that VzW's QC teams recognized this defect (before shipments began) and fixed it.
    11-18-08 09:16 PM
    cool! I love removable parts. Here I thought the battery cover was the only part that comes off. Now the buttons too! Suhweeeeeeet!
    11-18-08 09:27 PM
    The switch to activate the WiFi is under the buttons. That's why they come off.
    11-18-08 09:31 PM
    right and the switch to pop-out the jet pack is just behind the new sim card
    11-18-08 09:47 PM
    cool... didn't know we were getting a transformer action figure out of the deal.
    11-18-08 09:55 PM
    i KNEW there was a way to get wifi, thx for the hardware hack hint!
    11-18-08 10:16 PM
    I'll be exchanging it the very next day..................................if it happens to me
    Eh... superglue cures all
    11-18-08 10:21 PM
    Eh... superglue cures all
    I've had computer keys pop off, super glue is only a temp fix. If it happens to me there will be a verizon store, somewhere in this country, getting me a new one.
    11-18-08 11:07 PM
    Remember the days when the cheapest free phones were the ones with the most solid build quality?

OH WAIT. That's 2008.
    11-18-08 11:40 PM
    I've had computer keys pop off, super glue is only a temp fix. If it happens to me there will be a verizon store, somewhere in this country, getting me a new one.
    Yeah I would probably do the same thing... that was a (lame) joke
    11-18-08 11:42 PM
    lol...... we saw how careless the uk is with there blackberrys .. i mean **** did u see the unboxing on you tube he just throws it around like nothing .. no doubt thats why the buttons are comming off lol
    11-18-08 11:50 PM
    lol...... we saw how careless the uk is with there blackberrys .. i mean **** did u see the unboxing on you tube he just throws it around like nothing .. no doubt thats why the buttons are comming off lol
    I like how you can say "the unboxing" and everyone knows which one it is....cus there was only one....because this storm launch on Vodafone was complete and utter UK FAIL.

(Just a side note I plan on moving there after graduating college )
    11-19-08 12:06 AM
    Still, I would like to see some pictures of the 'broken' key.
    I've read alot about it on the VFUK forums but there are no pictures.
    Is it really broken? Is it just clicked into something and it came loose? enlighten us!!
    11-19-08 03:25 AM
    The red button fell off? Get a new one at Staples...

I really hope this is an isolated case and not a manufacturing issue. Then again we are all the beta rabbits for right now.

pics?
    11-19-08 03:57 AM
    im just off to uni for the day i shall post pictures when back
    11-19-08 04:14 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD