Hey um hmm I'm not sure where to post this because it could be phone settings, an 3rd party app, or firmware bug.

The redlight wont stop flashing and it just reciently happened. *I have been using the firmware for a long time so its kind of odd*
    Running: 148 beta *gona update to offical soon*
    Apps currently running :
    Browser
    WallpaperShuffle
    SmrtGuard Beta
    Phone
    Aim
    PatternLock

batt pull did not help and i have no messages that are new any advice?

I get SOS ALOOOT and radio says its off when im afk which shouldn't be like that. *Like if i just lock it*
    Last edited by dan1668; 06-03-09 at 02:52 PM.
    06-03-09 02:43 PM
    Messages -> highlight a day (not a message) -> BB button -> Mark Prior Opened.

BTW... There is no such thing as .148 "Beta". Leaked .148 = Official .148.
    06-03-09 02:57 PM
    Messages -> highlight a day (not a message) -> BB button -> Mark Prior Opened.

BTW... There is no such thing as .148 "Beta". Leaked .148 = Official .148.
    did the past 10 days and didn't work it started about 2days ago
    06-03-09 03:00 PM
    What about a missed call? Check all the various email & message folders, including SMS/MMS, facebook, call log, etc.
    06-03-09 03:19 PM
    What about a missed call? Check all the various email & message folders, including SMS/MMS, facebook, call log, etc.
    Thats the first thing i checked, its none of those
    06-03-09 03:20 PM
    If i have a message or something waiting the red light blinks but stops blinking after a couple hours. I thought that was how the BB's were designed and I'm new to the BB thing so I don't know if that is how it is suppose to be or not.
    I would assume, from whatever I know, you check with Verizon since it could be a bug in the device.

The best thing I can say, I am a electronics engineer, is that you take a complete backup and reset the whole device and restore - if possible to do so on the BB.

I'm 99.9% sure this is a bug.
    06-03-09 03:27 PM
    If i have a message or something waiting the red light blinks but stops blinking after a couple hours. I thought that was how the BB's were designed and I'm new to the BB thing so I don't know if that is how it is suppose to be or not.
    I would assume, from whatever I know, you check with Verizon since it could be a bug in the device.

The best thing I can say, I am a electronics engineer, is that you take a complete backup and reset the whole device and restore - if possible to do so on the BB.

I'm 99.9% sure this is a bug.
    Yeah because the SoS showed up a bit before the red light happened. A day or so, both of these issues haven't happened before so yeah thats why I was curious about that. Could a hardware defect of caused the red light along with the SoS? I was lookn it up on google and it was sayn SOS is a possible hardware failure.

Ill back my stuff up and reload the firmware
    06-03-09 03:35 PM
    I've never had the SOS, supposed to mean you're in a state where you can only make emergency phone calls, not sure what level of (or lack of) signal that takes. I'd be more worried about that than the flashing red light, unless the two are related.
    06-03-09 03:44 PM
    its usually from going onto another network aside from your own.
    (im on telus and occasionally i hop onto rodgers) have to reset network connections or pull batt.

Check your network status to see what network your on
    06-03-09 03:46 PM
    its usually from going onto another network aside from your own.
    (im on telus and occasionally i hop onto rodgers) have to reset network connections or pull batt.

Check your network status to see what network your on
    I'm on verizon when the sos happens which is my main anyways. Batt pull dsnt help
    06-03-09 03:52 PM
    try a sims card from another phone i had sos on my storm and it wasn't reconizing my sims card,i took my sons out of his phone and it worked fine,so i headed to the nearest at&t store and got another card and it works fine now..(been a couple of months since it happened to me)
    hope this fixes your problem
    06-03-09 05:22 PM
    This can happen if 1xev mode isn't selected. Go to Options>Mobile Network and make sure that Data Services are on, make sure that "1XEV" is selected as Network Technology, Make sure that "Automatic" is set as Network selection mode and that the Mobile Network says Verizon Wireless. You can get SOS if your network technology is set to "GSM/UMTS".
    06-03-09 06:16 PM
    This can happen if 1xev mode isn't selected. Go to Options>Mobile Network and make sure that Data Services are on, make sure that "1XEV" is selected as Network Technology, Make sure that "Automatic" is set as Network selection mode and that the Mobile Network says Verizon Wireless. You can get SOS if your network technology is set to "GSM/UMTS".
    That sounds about right I completely forgot about that.

The red light thing though is getting annoying would i be able to clear my log and then wait like 5min and copy it/email it to my self and find out why its doing that?
    06-03-09 06:22 PM
    The red light thing though is getting annoying would i be able to clear my log and then wait like 5min and copy it/email it to my self and find out why its doing that?
    I haven't had any blinking light issues, the times I did it was because the Storm froze and I just did a batt. pull. Um... You sure there isn't any apps causing it? A weather app with a weather alert? A visual voicemail app w/ new voicemails? Maybe a new AIM or something? You made sure that there isn't any unopened missed calls/emails/sms/mms lol right?
    06-04-09 05:26 PM
    Re lite: if unresolved, full home screen > menu > show all 2 see if any msg icons r hidden (+ check w/in folders).
    06-04-09 10:50 PM
    I had this same problem about 3-4 months ago. I found that when I was at work, late at night my light would start blinking and the SOS came on. It happened for a couple days and when I would leave work and go home it seemed to be working fine. I found out that Verizon was puting in a new tower near my work so they were the cause of it.

Dont know if this is your problem but a couple days of this was worth the new tower for me.
    06-05-09 01:33 AM
    This happened to me for a while. Only there was no message there. For a day the blinking went on and on and on, and then I went to bed, and in the morning, it wasnt on anymore. Weird and funky, funky and weird. Hasn't done it since, so it may have just been a bug.
    06-05-09 06:15 AM
    When I did the .148 upgrade the phone was driving me nuts with the red blinking light. I knew I didn't have it before. What I did to solve this problem was I went into my phone settings. Go to home screen and press the little sound thing in the upper left hand corner. I have custom profiles, but even if you don't go into your email settings where it says messages in whatever you have your phone set to.

Go into the email you want to change, I have my personal and work email I went into both and changed the settings. Went to where it says LED and chose OFF. That solved the red light problem.

I don't know anything about the SOS though never experienced that.
    06-05-09 08:53 AM
    The NWS has been issuing lots of warnings lately on the east coast for thunderstorms/flash flooding. It could be that weatherbug is notifying you. I have my WB set to NOT alert but I just noticed a flashing red light and when i opened WB and viewed the alert, the red light stopped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 09:00 AM
    The NWS has been issuing lots of warnings lately on the east coast for thunderstorms/flash flooding. It could be that weatherbug is notifying you. I have my WB set to NOT alert but I just noticed a flashing red light and when i opened WB and viewed the alert, the red light stopped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was just going to mention this. If you are running a weather program like BerryWeather, etc. and there are weather warnings (which have been happening), then you will get a flashing light with an advisory. Depending on how you have BerryWeather set up, if you do not acknowledge the advisory, the LED will continue to flash.
    06-05-09 09:14 AM
    I was just going to mention this. If you are running a weather program like BerryWeather, etc. and there are weather warnings (which have been happening), then you will get a flashing light with an advisory. Depending on how you have BerryWeather set up, if you do not acknowledge the advisory, the LED will continue to flash.
    I think I already said this, but thanks for reinforcing the point
    06-05-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD