So I updated to .76 the other day and just last night the Red LED indicator started to come on randomly.

Battery is completely charged. I have NO new messages. I even tried to turn off my message indicator from options, but still have it.

I did a battery pull, but it just started back up again.

It will be off, then for no reason, just start blinking.

Could this be an OS bug?
    12-07-08 10:18 AM
    same prob with .75
    12-07-08 01:29 PM
    Do you happen to have Weatherbug app installed. Mine has been blinking red all day for it because of an alert of a snow storm coming. It is annoying as ****.
    12-07-08 01:34 PM
    sounds like the weatherbug app is bugged. hehehehhehe

but in all seriousness i'm going to make an *** out of you and me and assume that you have the weatherbug app and it's buggy and beta so even when you check the weather alert it'll still show.

go into phone sound settings and turn it off till the new version is (supposedly) released tomorrow (monday)
    12-07-08 01:35 PM
    sounds like the weatherbug app is bugged. hehehehhehe

but in all seriousness i'm going to make an *** out of you and me and assume that you have the weatherbug app and it's buggy and beta so even when you check the weather alert it'll still show.

go into phone sound settings and turn it off till the new version is (supposedly) released tomorrow (monday)
    Yeah, same thing for me! I have the app installed and there is snow alert on it and the LED is blinking! Good call.
    12-07-08 01:42 PM
    Same problem here, I wish I could clear the alert. I ended up just turning the LED off for weatherbug.
    12-07-08 01:59 PM
    but we have only got like an inch of snow here in ct. I hope the light just goes solid red and we get like 30in.

but yea, the blinking is very annoying. I hope Weatherbug fixes it tomorrow.
    12-07-08 02:03 PM
    yeaaaaa CT....represent!

altho i'm up in boston for school but CT be my hometown, fairfield county baby yeah!!!
    12-07-08 02:05 PM
    OMG, so it's the weatherbug.

I am in florida so there is no snow, wonder what the alert was here?

So a new version of weatherbug is coming out tomorrow?
    12-07-08 04:37 PM
    I think you can turn the alerts off under the Preferences. Or doesn't that setting do what I think it does?
    12-07-08 04:45 PM
    I sent in feedback on the weatherbug app kind of asking about the alert issue with it. They emailed me back and did state that there is currently a bug in the beta they are working on. It's a problem with the user turning alerts off.

confirmed..
    12-07-08 04:49 PM
    This thread has given me back my sanity!!

Thank you!

You have no idea how many battery pulls I have done.
    12-07-08 04:52 PM
    thank god for this thread i was going insane! this is why i love crackberry.. and the search button lol
    12-10-08 07:23 PM
    thank god for this thread i was going insane! this is why i love crackberry.. and the search button lol
    I second that!
    12-15-08 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD