Has anyone else found that email icons on the main desktop often will not show the red asterisk indicator even though a new email arrives? For me, my notifications (e.g., vibrate, sound, LED) will indicate that I have a new email, and the top of the screen will show an envelope with a star, but the icon for the email box in which the email resides does not show the star (at least not on the desktop). If I press the BB button and go back one page, the respective icon will have the star. If I go back to the desktop, the star will then be there.

Anyone else have this problem?
    12-02-08 04:00 PM
    This has been a problem I noticed recently. Not sure if it happened with .65 or just with .75.
    12-02-08 04:05 PM
    I have also noticed that I will randomly get asterisks recently with no messages. I have checked all applications just in case they sent a notification, etc. Nothing gets rid of it except a battery pull.
    12-02-08 04:10 PM
    I haven't upgraded yet to .75.

I should also note that I am on BES, and I have Empower BES active. I wonder if it has anything to do with that.
    12-02-08 04:17 PM
    I have just recently had this happen, but I am still on .65. It only happens on text messages. What I am also getting is I'll get an e-mail. The red asterisk will be there, then it won't go away even though I have not unopened e-mail, text or calls or anything sitting in the messages folder. I have to do a soft reset or battery pull to get rid of it. Kind of annoying, can't wait for the official update. I'm returning this one for a new one due to the screen click problem, so I don't want to update to the unofficial leak yet.

I am also on BIS.
    12-02-08 04:23 PM
    I just started having this happen as of yesterday, but the asterisks only show up when I am on the home screen. When I hit the BB button to get the full screen of icons it is not there.

Cant figure out why this just started happening yesterday after 2 weeks of using the phone.
    12-11-08 07:33 PM
    I have this as well and it was NOT happening with .65. I am BIS so it is not only a BES issue.

I also notice that in the app screen it will be there and after exiting out of the screen it will sometimes show up on the home screen to match. Not a big deal, but still a bit frustrating. I am sure they are working through alot of these minor issues, but overall this thing is pretty nice.
    12-11-08 07:39 PM
    I think it's a problem in the OS that either causes a delay in updating the home screen, or maybe there's a procedure to force an update to the home screen that doesn't always work. In any event, the Weather bug's home screen icon often lags the main menu icon, sometimes by hours. Hopefully the fix will be in the next OS update.
    12-11-08 07:39 PM
    It's happening to me as well--I would expect this to get fixed in an upcaming update--it's really no big deal. I first thought it was something I was doing wrong, but it sure looks like a minor glitch.
    12-17-08 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD