The red dot asterik will not go away on my email button on my home screen. It started to happen when I deleted 4 highlighted unread email messages.

When I tilt it, the red asterik goes away for "messages", but stays on the home screen for my "email" account. This is really annoying. I tried to pull batt, as well as change from 4x4 to default. Changed number of lines on home screen and everything. Let me know if anyone had the same problem.

Thanks
    02-03-09 03:53 PM
    I even deleted my email address off my BB and went thru Setup again. Still shows the red asterik and the yellow envelopes on top. Anyone went thru this much trouble to try to get those off?
    02-03-09 04:19 PM
    That means you have a new, unread message. Go into your message folder, whichever has the asterisk on it. When you are on the screen that lists all of your messages, press U. It will scroll directly to your unread messages.
    02-03-09 05:02 PM
    I have already deleted all the messages from the folder. When I deleted them, they disappeared, but the asterik remains part of the icon, along with the yellow envelope above.

When I hit "U" - it even says "There are no unread messages in this folder."

Where can I find BB updates so that I can update my storm?
    02-03-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD