Does the Storm (Verizon) have the ability to record a call conversation?

Is it one side of the conversation or both?

How do you get the damm thing to record the call if it does?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin
    11-23-08 06:55 PM
    dont think you can with a BB unless you use an application for it like "ring 2 conferencing" app.

CM
    11-23-08 07:13 PM
    pretty sure thats illegal.... unless they know about it
    11-23-08 07:16 PM
    In Michigan atleast.
    11-23-08 07:25 PM

Not in Ohio
    11-23-08 07:39 PM
    I am talking about recording directions and information given to me at work. Prior Verizon phones had a button to record. I find it hard to believe a phone this powerful doesn't have this option
    11-23-08 09:16 PM
    The legality of recording a telephone conversation depends upon the state in which you are having the conversation, as well as the circumstances surrounding it. I use conversation recording in my occupation all the time, if the state law and/or circumstances permit it. I would love for the Storm to have this ability. Hopefully aftermarket software will become available that will offer this function.
    12-02-08 10:15 AM
    In most states only one party of the conversation needs to be aware of the call being recorded. If I remember correctly there are like only seven (or so) states that require both parties to know. Definitely check into your states laws before recording a phone conversation. Also, do know that when you make a phone call that crosses state lines, other laws fall into play then with recording it.
    12-02-08 10:55 AM
    "Can We Tape?"

And you would need a 3rd party app to record while on a call. Using the built in BB software it gives the error "Can not record while phone is active". But you can type out notes while on the call, click the BB button and click notes. Or you can just hang up when you are done and then record the directions.
    Last edited by alabamr; 12-02-08 at 11:19 AM.
    12-02-08 11:10 AM
    "Can We Tape" has always been an excellent resource for those of us who have a need to record calls.
    12-05-08 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD