Hi all,
    Sorry if this has already been answered, I've recorded videos, and when I try to play them back I always get the error ' unsupported format unable to play back'
    Which is a bit frustrating, as the phone took the video!
    I'm probably doing something really stupid, but I dont have the same problem on my BB curve, I only get this message on my storm, is there any settings that I need to check/change.
    I'm running .78 (havent yet dared to take the plunge to a beta, although i'm fairly tempted with .113 after reading all the posts on that one)
    Thanks!
    Sam
    03-27-09 06:44 AM
    Update your OS...it was a known issue in the .7x series
    03-27-09 09:05 AM
    Hi all,
    Sorry if this has already been answered, I've recorded videos, and when I try to play them back I always get the error ' unsupported format unable to play back'
    Which is a bit frustrating, as the phone took the video!
    I'm probably doing something really stupid, but I dont have the same problem on my BB curve, I only get this message on my storm, is there any settings that I need to check/change.
    I'm running .78 (havent yet dared to take the plunge to a beta, although i'm fairly tempted with .113 after reading all the posts on that one)
    Thanks!
    Sam
    It has been answered many times, but there is a workaround if you don't want to do an OS upgrade.

When you are finished recording, push pause then BB button twice. This will save the movie in the correct format. I've never had a problem since I started doing this 3 step process.
    03-27-09 09:14 AM
    Hi SaintsfanWPB
    Fantastic, you are a star, I'd posted this on the VF forum, and they just said to return for repair, but as i've got an otherwise good Storm, I didnt really want to.
    Many thanks!
    I just realised I love my storm even more!
    03-27-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD