Got a replacement yesterday. My original was bought on launch day, made in Canada. It was very good out of the box and what little lag it had was gone with the upgrade to .75. Unfortunately there was a problem with the BB key not functioning much of the time. Eventually I decided I had to replace it. New one is same production #, same OS Ver .65 but made in Mexico. It was perfect out of the box and as fast as the old one (on .75)even before upgrade! I'm impressed, apparently RIM (or Verizon) is tweaking the hardware on some of this replacement stock.
    12-16-08 12:25 PM
    After ordering on December 5th, they said it would be here by the 15th. I been calling quite frequently for a tracking number and all I got was back order blach blach till the 15th. So today there was still none. Spoke to tech support instead of CS. He said for some reason it got hung up in pending to go to the warehouse and that someone should have noticed this. Anyway's he canclled that one and priority overnighted me one. So i'll finally have my replacement tommorow to discuss
    12-16-08 12:31 PM
    I should have asked if it was going to be a new or refurb phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Verizon informed me that they do not have refurbs of this phone yet. I am normally skeptical of such things, but it makes sense. The device is simply too new for there to already be refurb stock. If you get it in a brown box (FRU - Field Replacement Unit) it should be a new phone that was set aside specifically for replacement purposes and not for regular retail sale. It is cheaper for them to send just the phone and you typically get it faster than getting a new retail unit. Essentially, when ordering the new replacement phone you don't have to compete with people buying their first retail unit. It looks like they are sending some people retail units though. I assume they are just sending out as many as quickly as they can and its' luck of draw. However, the phone itself should be new either way. Good luck w/it.
    12-16-08 08:30 PM
    Verizon informed me that they do not have refurbs of this phone yet. I am normally skeptical of such things, but it makes sense. The device is simply too new for there to already be refurb stock. If you get it in a brown box (FRU - Field Replacement Unit) it should be a new phone that was set aside specifically for replacement purposes and not for regular retail sale. It is cheaper for them to send just the phone and you typically get it faster than getting a new retail unit. Essentially, when ordering the new replacement phone you don't have to compete with people buying their first retail unit. It looks like they are sending some people retail units though. I assume they are just sending out as many as quickly as they can and its' luck of draw. However, the phone itself should be new either way. Good luck w/it.
    May have been true in the past week but I got a refurb. I knew I was getting one and they gave me the option. Refurb would ship out Monday, new on Thursday. I couldn't wait and a new one did me no good last time so I thought maybe a refurb would actually be better.

Got it yesterday, came loaded with .75 and it's the best Storm of the 3 I've gotten.
    12-17-08 07:05 AM
    well 3 days into my refurb and all is working out great. I think this is finally the one I'll keep.
    12-20-08 10:35 AM
    Fixed the mic issue!

I drilled a hole straight through the front to the mic and it's perfect.

I hope otterbox is listening! My version doesn't look the greatest but this should be easy to integrate the design. I can post a picture if that helps.

Ken
    03-02-09 02:45 PM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD