03-02-09 02:45 PM
81 123 ...
tools
    Just opened it up. I had the bad screen on my old one, this one is much better. I do notice that the actual buttons have slightly less feel to them, but maybe that just needs broken in.

It came loaded with .65

Looks like a monkey installed the screen protector. My first one was perfect, this one had tons of bubbles.

Ken
    12-08-08 02:45 PM
    Looks like a monkey installed the screen protector. My first one was perfect, this one had tons of bubbles.

Ken
    I laughed out loud at this one...

When did you place your order for a replacement?
    12-08-08 02:47 PM
    I laughed out loud at this one...

When did you place your order for a replacement?
    I'm not good with dates. I got my first one the Monday after it was released by Verizon. And then they agreed to replace it that Wed.

Ken
    12-08-08 02:50 PM
    I called for replacement today, and I just received the phone this afternoon.. The screen turned white, and wouldn't move from that screen at all. I should be getting the replacement on Wednesday.
    12-08-08 07:10 PM
    Did your replacement come in a brown box with the phone only or did you get an entirely new package?
    12-08-08 07:11 PM
    My replacement phone was perfect also. I'm so glad I called and had them swap it out.
    12-08-08 07:13 PM
    Excuse the stupid question...I've got a dead Escape key and want to all for a replacement. What's the customer service number we call?

Thanks, much appreciated.
    12-08-08 07:24 PM
    Dial 611 from the phone. Or look it up on VZW's site... Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless then click on support.
    12-08-08 07:32 PM
    Has anyone had a problem with the Red end-call button yet? Min seams to be a little looser than the other keys. It rocks a little from left to right and right to left.
    12-08-08 07:34 PM
    Just opened it up. I had the bad screen on my old one, this one is much better. I do notice that the actual buttons have slightly less feel to them, but maybe that just needs broken in.

It came loaded with .65

Ken
    thats not really a screen protector..

Thats just a shipping film..

what comes on the phones are not screen protectors...
    12-08-08 07:34 PM
    Dial 611 from the phone. Or look it up on VZW's site... Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless then click on support.
    Thanks...on hold now
    12-08-08 07:41 PM
    thats not really a screen protector..

Thats just a shipping film..

what comes on the phones are not screen protectors...
    Well, works just as good as any screen protector I've seen.

Well, mechanically, the phone is working great. But otherwise I like my old one much better. The other one was MUCH snappier, no lag. In fact I was thinking about keeping my old one because I was liking it so much. This new one is slooooow.

The VZW tech I talked to said to expect a new OS about once a month for the next few months, so hopefully this one will get to where the old one was. I'm going to try and mess with some things to make it quicker, but this one is currently configured the same as the other one was.

Someone started a post about defragmenting, so I'm trying that now.

Ken
    12-09-08 07:44 AM
    I got mine, everything was perfect the first day it came out, aside from the lag on the .65, for whatever reason camera decided to stop working on it.
    So I went in store, they ordered me a replacement.
    Got the replacement, went to activate it and not only did the phone not want to activate using the numbers on the paper I received, but it had the screen click issue.
    Camera worked great. BUT, I packed it back up 10 minutes later and after about 45 minutes of convincing CS that it wasn't software, and turning the phone on and off and wiping it would do nothing for the issue, he agreed to send me a new one.
    It'll be here today probably around 3 EST.
    I'll let you all know how that goes.
    12-09-08 07:52 AM
    Since I got a taste of one that works good, I'll keep at it. I loved the first phone. But this is getting pretty frustrating. Hope it all works out in the end.
    12-09-08 07:59 AM
    Looks like a monkey installed the screen protector.
    Guess that's one way to cut back on labor costs. lol
    12-09-08 08:20 AM
    Whats the shipping weight according to FedEx for retail box vs. brown box for those who received either one. Mine is 3lbs.
    12-09-08 08:32 AM
    Whats the shipping weight according to FedEx for retail box vs. brown box for those who received either one. Mine is 3lbs.
    Mine came Fedex and says 3lbs.
    12-09-08 10:37 AM
    Yours was retail or brown box? Didnt see if you posted what you received in previous post.
    12-09-08 11:02 AM
    I am getting extremely frustrated with VZ. They are giving me the run around and I am loosing my patience.

I went into a VZ store on Sat to try and order replacements and they told me that they could not order it for me and to call Tech Support in order to try and fix the problem, if that doesnt work then TS will order a new one for me. So I call TS and they told me to do a OS wipe, I was at the mall so I couldnt and told them ill call back when I am able to. Yesterday I did the OS wipe and .75 upgrade on both phones. Called TS this morning and told them that I have already performed the wipe and upgrade and that the screen click problem is still there. He then goes on and tells me that he cannot order me a replacement because there are none and that I should go to the store I got it from and have them get me one. Now here is the confusing part. TS told me to wait until Dec.21st to do this. Why would he tell me this? My 30 day warranty ends on that day!

What should I do? I am getting and feel like VZ is di***ng me around. Someone please help.

Thanks for reading. I really had to let that out!
    12-09-08 11:49 AM
    Call back and get a different TS. Tell them that the phone reboots or a button fell off.
    12-09-08 11:55 AM
    mine came today but i'm not home yet. it's 2lb so it's prob not the oem box one
    12-09-08 11:57 AM
    mine came today but i'm not home yet. it's 2lb so it's prob not the oem box one
    Keep us posted. I'm curious. As mentioned, for those who are getting replacements, this could be a way to find out whether its retail or brown box. If not, my theory/idea is wrong.

The phone itself weighs about 6oz. With charger, adapters, manual, cd, it will add a good chuck of weight. So if they are shipping phone only with brown box, its probably a little over a pound and FedEx rounds off the weight. So if its 1lb 10oz, it would be 2. If its 2lbs and 3oz. (as an example), it would be considered 3lbs.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 12-09-08 at 12:04 PM.
    12-09-08 12:01 PM
    mine is tracking 953233791628 with a weight of 3 pounds.
    12-09-08 12:06 PM
    I am getting extremely frustrated with VZ. They are giving me the run around and I am loosing my patience.

I went into a VZ store on Sat to try and order replacements and they told me that they could not order it for me and to call Tech Support in order to try and fix the problem, if that doesnt work then TS will order a new one for me. So I call TS and they told me to do a OS wipe, I was at the mall so I couldnt and told them ill call back when I am able to. Yesterday I did the OS wipe and .75 upgrade on both phones. Called TS this morning and told them that I have already performed the wipe and upgrade and that the screen click problem is still there. He then goes on and tells me that he cannot order me a replacement because there are none and that I should go to the store I got it from and have them get me one. Now here is the confusing part. TS told me to wait until Dec.21st to do this. Why would he tell me this? My 30 day warranty ends on that day!

What should I do? I am getting and feel like VZ is di***ng me around. Someone please help.

Thanks for reading. I really had to let that out!

whoa man seriously!? That's a bunch of LIES!! I called and I told basically everyone I talked to "nope it's not software it's the screen" and I was off the phone within 5 minutes. Just call back CS and and tell them you need a replacement for your storm and they should say ok, before I do that let's go over some troubleshooting, tell that person F no, I did it, it's the phone, I want a new one, they'll transfer to TS, tell them you want a new phone, you've tried everything and they need to order it otherwise your going to get pissed
    12-09-08 12:12 PM
    mine is tracking 953233791628 with a weight of 3 pounds.
    thanks now we can all stock your home like the messengers lol j/k
    12-09-08 12:13 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD