I hope this is major BS but I am leaving the local VZW store and the sales guy there claimed they issued a recall on 2 million Storms for Software problems. He claimed his was involved in the recall and so he had to start using his Curve again....

Anyone know if this is true or not?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 07:47 PM
    if there was a recall we would know .. allso .. there was only 400 thousand .... not 2 million .
    11-24-08 07:48 PM
    lol.......?
    11-24-08 07:48 PM
    No need to recall a product based on software. That if what updates are for. He just wanted to sell you a curve.

11-24-08 07:49 PM
    I know the holsters were recalled...
    11-24-08 07:49 PM
    the very first thing I thought of was the fact that there was 400,000 usa storms this doesn't mean that it wouldn't include the 9500 though..

If it was true I would think that it would be posted somewhere..
    11-24-08 07:51 PM
    I know the holsters were recalled...
    lol at that. I'm guessing that's about them not being included in the box. First time ever! I was pissed, I'm guessing it's because the phone is so huge. I have a universal pouch that fits it. But carrying a Storm and a Curve on my hip might throw off my perfect posture
    11-24-08 07:51 PM
    if there was a recall we would know .. allso .. there was only 400 thousand .... not 2 million .
    Verizon's order was for 2 mil, 400k were produced for launch though due to the software problems as we now know only a fraction of those were sent out for launch.
    11-24-08 07:52 PM
    Cool posting from my storm!

11-24-08 07:53 PM

I knew this would never last.......
    They can have my Storm when they pry my cold, dead hands from it......

A BB will never get recalled for software, now if the batteries are blowing up, maybe...
    Also, as sooks so eloquently said, the initial production run was 400,000, so any announcement with a different # is bu77sh1t!!!
    11-24-08 07:53 PM
    hmm, point being tho , you dont recall x amount of anything for software that can be fixed.... only if its a hardware issue ... which some have .. so idk.
    11-24-08 07:54 PM
    He just wanted to sell you a curve.
    I was wearing a curve on my hip, lol??

I just hope he was telling a lie. I got my Storm today, but I sold it on eBay for $650. I placed an order for a second Storm today, don't know when I will be getting it, but I am fine with waiting however long it is. My Curve still does everything that I need it to do and more.
    11-24-08 09:43 PM
    The holsters WERE recalled because the magnetic sleeper functions did not work in them. New shipments are supposed to arrive in stores the first week of December.
    11-24-08 09:51 PM
    they wouldnt recall the Storm due to software problems. *shakes head*
    11-24-08 09:52 PM
    Well I'm keeping mine. I love this phone.
    11-24-08 09:56 PM
    lol.. me too i love this phone also ... its amazing
    11-24-08 10:01 PM
    If that's true, they can re-call, but I won't re-answer. This phone stays with me!

It gets better and better every day. I gave a friend my 4 month old RAZR2, but I think I will be getting it back. I saw that look in his eye after I ran him through my Storm. He wants it. I'll lay money he'll be Stormin' as soon as he can get his hands on one!
    11-24-08 10:16 PM
    The holsters WERE recalled because the magnetic sleeper functions did not work in them. New shipments are supposed to arrive in stores the first week of December.
    Would these be the sleeve type holsters from RIM with no belt clip?

I've been looking for one the past few days and have come up empty handed. I've found the one that has the magnetic flap and belt clip, which I can verify that it does put the phone into sleep mode.
    11-24-08 10:20 PM

does this mean the $19.99 leather holster i bought is defective?

it was not supposed to come with the phone right?

should i return it and get an updated one?
    11-24-08 10:25 PM
    Wow, I am so glad to see all of these people posting positive things about this phone!!

I cant wait to get mine. I thought when I played with the phone in stores that it would be something that I could get used to. I am glad that no one has confirmed the recall. I thought when the salesperson told me about it, that he might of been just having some negative feelings towards the phone... or just stupid one. Either way, mines on the way, and I am gonna keep this one for me. =)
    11-24-08 10:31 PM
    I just talked to a sales rep today on the phone and it was 120,000 over the weekend it was also on business week this afternoon. the only 400,000 number i heard was the number of downloads of myspace since the announcement my space for blackberries came out.
    11-24-08 10:44 PM

Mike,

Can you confirm if the Storm goes into sleep mode when you slide it inside the case you have?
    11-24-08 11:06 PM
    Mike,

Can you confirm if the Storm goes into sleep mode when you slide it inside the case you have?
    I have this case and can confirm that it does go into sleep mode. I am returning it though since it almost ripped off my end button twice on me. not good!
    11-25-08 12:07 AM
    Mike,

what is sleep mode? just screen off i assume? i will check.

also, the recall has nothing to do with the holster almost ripping peopels buttons off? cause i sure as **** dont want that!
    11-25-08 12:15 AM

No. I'm referring to the hard, semi-clear, plastic holster that sells for $19.99. It's designed to house the phone with the screen facing in, to protect the screen, and it has a built in magnet for the sleeper function. It cannot be used with the silicone covers or the hard plastic cases or any pouches, leather cases.

There was NO sleeve, holster, or case included with the 9530 Storm (CDMA), only with the 9500 (GSM). CDMA versions got the 8gig card instead.
    11-25-08 12:25 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD