I have one Storm running .65 and one Storm running .90. I can pull the batteries at the same time and the one running .65 is back up and functional before the one running .90 even gets to the blue status bar screen. The difference is about 2 minutes...

Thoughts, discussions, insults?
    01-26-09 12:09 PM
    I had the exact OPPOSITE problem.
    When I was running .65, .75, .85, .86 my phone would take about 5 minutes (longest I timed was 5:30). Now, with .90 installed, it only takes 2:20. I did not perform a full wipe before upgrading from .86 to .90.
    I guess I got lucky with the install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 12:26 PM
    I also notice that when charging the battery in the phone with .65 that it only takes a few hours. When charging in the phone with .90 it takes most of the entire day.
    01-26-09 01:51 PM
    .90 has boot issues. This is known. All .8x versions were way faster on the startup then previous versions. .90 has its issues... I don't think it was ever intended to be a stable build. It introduced a lot of new code (new keyboard, etc.) and with that there's bound to be a lot of issues.

There was a comment made a while back when .8x came out that with that version the speed of the media card capabilities were changed. Well, look at the issues that's caused, if it's true. We're still experiencing "Media Card Inserted" locks even in .90. I wouldn't trust any of the leaked OSs as being bulletproof, only the official ones. If you go in with the mindset that you'll run into issues on the BETAs and you'll have to possibly deal with them or downgrade, you won't be dissapointed by them.
    01-26-09 02:15 PM
    I had the exact OPPOSITE problem.
    When I was running .65, .75, .85, .86 my phone would take about 5 minutes (longest I timed was 5:30). Now, with .90 installed, it only takes 2:20. I did not perform a full wipe before upgrading from .86 to .90.
    I guess I got lucky with the install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mine is only a couple minutes too...except that once it boots up it needs a second boot because it immediately freezes again.

once it boots up right it works well for long periods of time.
    01-26-09 02:25 PM
    If you go in with the mindset that you'll run into issues on the BETAs and you'll have to possibly deal with them or downgrade, you won't be dissapointed by them.

I'm actually not disappointed, I'm trying to determine if it's an OS issue or a hardware issue. I wanted to throw the line here first, but I will probably have to do some further testing.
    01-26-09 02:28 PM
    .90 has boot issues. This is known. All .8x versions were way faster on the startup then previous versions. .90 has its issues... I don't think it was ever intended to be a stable build. It introduced a lot of new code (new keyboard, etc.) and with that there's bound to be a lot of issues.

There was a comment made a while back when .8x came out that with that version the speed of the media card capabilities were changed. Well, look at the issues that's caused, if it's true. We're still experiencing "Media Card Inserted" locks even in .90. I wouldn't trust any of the leaked OSs as being bulletproof, only the official ones. If you go in with the mindset that you'll run into issues on the BETAs and you'll have to possibly deal with them or downgrade, you won't be dissapointed by them.
    yeah...that is how i look at them too. it is a good mind set.

i have been frustrated for moments, but then i think, gotta stop my wining cause i knew it wasn't stable going in to it.

we will get there eventually...some with less hair and higher blood pressure
    01-26-09 02:29 PM
    I also notice that when charging the battery in the phone with .65 that it only takes a few hours. When charging in the phone with .90 it takes most of the entire day.
    something definitely wrong with that. i'm fully charged from being at 5% to 100% in about 2 and a half hours.
    01-26-09 03:26 PM
    something definitely wrong with that. i'm fully charged from being at 5% to 100% in about 2 and a half hours.
    im charging ridiculously fast!
    01-26-09 03:36 PM
    I am assuming you did this, but I will ask anyway. Did you allow your battery to break in by draining it a couple of times when first used? Mine charges pretty well in .9. If you did, maybe you need to replace the battery in the phone running .9, it may be a bad battery.
    01-26-09 05:20 PM
    2 min 20 s exactly
    01-26-09 05:23 PM

It doesn't seem like RIM is headed for a new official release to be kicked out. It seems like they are going to add in a few new features and then solidify those before we see it. Seems to be that the plan is to leave people on .75 for a while while they really perfect things.

Honestly I'd rather see that as its better than pushing stuff out too early twice on the same product.
    01-26-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD