Whenever I do a battery pull with or without quick pull, upon loading up again, I am always asked if I want the phone to automatically select gsm or cdma based in network availability as I have a sim card in the phone. I usually click no, but I'm not sure what I should be selecting. Does it even matter? I'm currently using a Storm 9530 on Verizon with software version 4.7.0.103. Thanks.
    02-14-09 06:26 PM
    I finally got tired of that message and just pulled out the SIM card. The one that comes with the Verizon Storm is pretty much useless anyway. If you want to use the GSM part of the phone, you'll want another SIM card to use with it.

But assuming you only use the Verizon network, and never go out of the country or use your phone with some other carrier, you can say no. Saying Yes won't hurt anything either, but it might flip a setting that'll drain your battery a bit faster.
    02-14-09 06:30 PM
    I switched from "Cingular...now at&t" to Verizon because of the network coverage. Also I am not a world traveler. Therefore, I have no need for GSM service. I just click "no" to save myself any possible grief.
    02-14-09 06:35 PM
    Does removing the sim card have any negative impact if you are not leaving th US? Thanks,
    02-15-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD