I like the storm not only because of its larger screen and touch capabilities but the storm has a funky os, and its challenging to find which one works best for you, granted that the bold, curve and other bb are very easy to use, but i like the storms abilities.

Its not your traditional bb thats why is so hard to adapt to, if people stop complaining and get to know there phone inside out they would realize that the storm has alot to offer you just have to be knowledgeable of your phone and have alot of patients.

Ive found my os .148 is great but i also liked the .141 hybrid 5.0.0.93, people are still stuck on .75 and they are saying they hate their phone.

Read and understand the phone before you pass judgement.
    05-24-09 04:58 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more my man. I had a curve 8330 before i got my Storm. When i first got my Storm it took me some time to get used to it and while it had a way cool form factor over the curve, the function was lacking. I have found that for the most part, every upgrade in the OS, i too am now running .148, has made my phone more functional and releasing the capabilities of the hardware. there was a time i was thinking about returning the phone and getting another 8330, but i am very glad i didn't because I like my Storm more and more every day I use it.
    05-24-09 05:56 PM
    +1 op, +1

strm
    05-24-09 06:01 PM
    +1,000,000

The Storm is a great device that suffered a little in the beginning but its day will come. As a wise man once said,"A storms a comin..."

Bean
    05-24-09 06:55 PM
    i had a pearl and curve before the storm, and i worked for VZW supporting every other data device that was sold, and the storm isnt any more quirkier than the other devices out. the only MAJOR concern i've seen is that 3rd party apps and themes don't play well...idk if other devices had the same issue at first, VZW always got the other model BB later than everyone else...
    05-24-09 08:18 PM
    ...you just have to be knowledgeable of your phone and have alot of patients.
    ER doctors love their Storms.

...the storm has a funky os...
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    05-24-09 08:20 PM
    the storm has a funky os,
    HAD a funky OS.....

.148 is far from funky, my friend
    05-24-09 08:26 PM
    But the iPhone still mops the floor with the Storm. And they are about to release a 32Gig iPhone to punch the Storm 2 (replacement for the first mistake of a BB "touch") in the chin.

IMHO of course!!
    05-24-09 09:11 PM
    But the iPhone still mops the floor with the Storm. And they are about to release a 32Gig iPhone to punch the Storm 2 (replacement for the first mistake of a BB "touch") in the chin.

IMHO of course!!
    captain obvious strikes again!!!

lol, only kidding of course.
    05-24-09 09:17 PM
    A 32gig iphone is sooooo unnecessary... I personally love my storm. Its fun to play with my phone to see whats the best setup. Its more personal like that.

Granted its sad when verizon has to load a leaked OS to their displays.. Saw one today on .132 and laughed as I walked away at least throw the newest and best on it if ur gonna lie on a display lol.
    We all know damn well .75 won't compare to .132 in most cases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 09:18 PM
    I love my storm and op your right about what you said about it I just hope
    rim dosnt give up on it once the storm 2 comes out and we get f'ed over on updates and os's
    05-24-09 09:31 PM
    I love my storm and op your right about what you said about it I just hope
    rim dosnt give up on it once the storm 2 comes out and we get f'ed over on updates and os's
    they just released an OS update for a thumbwheel device...like 2 years old at LEAST! and they're still supporting it...why would they stop supporting the storm?
    05-24-09 10:50 PM
    For OP I couldent agree more but don't you think the .75 people have the right to complain since
    The storm is ment to be on .75 atm?

05-24-09 10:57 PM
    For OP I couldent agree more but don't you think the .75 people have the right to complain since
    The storm is ment to be on .75 atm?
    BLASPHEMER!!! Away from here with your logic and common sense!!!!!
    05-24-09 11:03 PM
    I love my Storm. The click screen is sick and typing on this phone is hella easy.
    I have had my storm about a month now and I have
    had only minor complaints such as, for some reason this thing will just stop doing anything for no reason.
    A little clock will pop up and I just have to set my phone down for about ten to twenty minutes. It doesn't do it all the time but it seems to be once a day.
    Other than that I love this phone. Easy to text and email. This phone kicks *** and I am surprised that blackberry is getting rid of the click screen. I absolutely love it.

05-24-09 11:55 PM
    I love my Storm. The click screen is sick and typing on this phone is hella easy.
    I have had my storm about a month now and I have
    had only minor complaints such as, for some reason this thing will just stop doing anything for no reason.
    "I love my boyfriend. He's gorgeous, driven, and fantastic in bed. I've been with him for a month now and the only complaint I have is that he beats me for no reason once a day. Other than that he's great!"

I don't mean to be graphic or violent, but do any of you get my point?
    05-25-09 12:09 AM
    +1 . I like my storm too. Aint going back to win mo anytime soon.

05-25-09 01:18 AM
    Yea, the Storm is an amazing device. If you allow yourself to stop obsessing over which OS is going to leak this week, which hybrid to try or when we'll see 5.0, you just stop and start to appreciate what makes this device so special.

I'd probably go as far as to say that when the Storm 2 is out, there may be a bit envious of whoever has the first Storm with the clickable screen once people finally have their hands on much more advanced software.
    05-25-09 02:34 AM
    Yeah but cereal killer said that, um....like rim didn't finish the storm, right? And um...that the um...click screen was a failure and we're never gonna get like an OS upgrade, right?

Oh, and I searched before posting.

05-25-09 02:36 AM
    I like the storm not only because of its larger screen and touch capabilities but the storm has a funky os, and its challenging to find which one works best for you, granted that the bold, curve and other bb are very easy to use, but i like the storms abilities.

Its not your tradition bb thats why is so hard to adapt to, if people stop complaining and get to know there phone inside out they would realize that the storm has alot to offer you just have to be knowledgeable of your phone and have alot of patients.

Ive found my os .148 is great but i also liked the .141 hybrid 5.0.0.93, people are still stuck on .75 and they are saying they hate their phone.

Read and understand the phone before you pass judgement.
    It doesn't "work" well because the OS isn't up to par.You can make all the excuses you like,though.
    05-25-09 02:54 AM
    It doesn't "work" well because the OS isn't up to par.You can make all the excuses you like,though.
    for some it works fine even on .75, which leads me to believe that the 3rd party apps are the "funky" part, and that the OS its self is just slow and laggy, not really that "funky"
    05-25-09 08:44 PM
    look buddy, even with the .75 os you can have a pretty good phone you just have to manage it more, i know females that dnt knw **** about their phone and they dont have any problems with it because they dnt try to push the phone to its limits. If you upgraded to one these OS leaks you will clearly see the STORMS Capabilities.

Think before you speak my friend, people will respect your words more!
    05-26-09 12:06 AM
    for some it works fine even on .75, which leads me to believe that the 3rd party apps are the "funky" part, and that the OS its self is just slow and laggy, not really that "funky"
    patches you are correct my friend i belive that the 3rd party apps are a lot of the problems out i think i have 3 on mine and i dont have anyof the problems that my wife does or her bestfriend does i have replaced both of them about 5 times each they all worked great for like a week till they both get on the app store or put a bunch of thems thats when they go funky they all have the same os as i do wich i am orry to say is 132 just because i have not had time to update lol.

deeman54
    i love your sig BLACKBERRY ADULTS ONLY
    i do have to say my daughter has one she is 16 but i won one in a contest at work and gave it to her for her birthday (and little does she know i have gps tracker installed on it to watch her ***) but nothing pisses me of more when some spoiled 10 year old comes into the store with a bb of any kind to bug the ever living crap out of my with stupid questions
    i would also have to add that you must have to atleast have an IQ of 100 before getting one lol
    05-26-09 12:55 AM
    they just released an OS update for a thumbwheel device...like 2 years old at LEAST! and they're still supporting it...why would they stop supporting the storm?
    idk ive herd alot of talk about them giving up on s1 once s2 is out witch i hope isnt true
    05-26-09 01:10 AM
    idk ive herd alot of talk about them giving up on s1 once s2 is out witch i hope isnt true
    the people who say that have no ******* clue what they're talking about...there is no actual evidence or history to base this presumption on, and it is absolutely false. RIM supports their devices for what seems to be forever vs. other manufacturers. expect 2 years of support for the storm, at least...
    05-26-09 01:15 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD