PERFECT or close to it would be at least IPhone stability and speed for this phone. I understand that it is not an IPhone but RIM is marketing the Storm as an IPhone killer. I'm running .109 and it does work great but only compared to the previous builds. Right now the IPhone still kills this thing as far as stability and speed. I guess we will have to see what happens when the next official OS comes out though. Also pretty lame that RIM is charging developers to submit apps and also that they have a minimum price of 1.99 apps. With thinking like that we will never reach an IPhone like community. Like it or not IPhone runs the mobile market right now.
    Apple charges developers also from what I have read. I have friends who have the Iphone, go to their forums, read them and then tell me how great the Iphone is.
    03-08-09 05:50 PM
    I don't think that its because we are complaining

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 06:09 PM
    wow there are some real tools on this forum
    03-08-09 06:38 PM
    I think the complaining is part of the reason for these posts and this message board. RIM searches theses things to see what is liked/disliked. Then they try to change accordingly if at all possible. I think this is the reason for the complaining. If I see a problem with my phone that has to do with something that can be changed, I will post it with the thought that the right person will either read it and help me fix it, or send it to the right person at RIM to see if it can be fixed in later OS updates or such.

I am not going to stop complaining about something that obviously isn't working they way it was supposed to. If I find something that isn't right, I will bring it to everyone's attention...
    03-08-09 07:45 PM
    Was it really necessary to say "what he said"?

So, madphone wants to know what my self-centered idea of perfect is...

1st of all, dumbass, I never said it had to be perfect. I said CLOSER to perfect than they are, SPECIFICALLY to prevent an idiotic response like the one you gave. I'm quite happy with .109 right now. There are no threads from me on this forum complaining about a new OS.

HOWEVER- CLOSER TO PERFECT MEANS: (just a few, no specific order)

-Battery life is better
    -Typing lag is reduced
    -Locking the phone while in a call doesn't require spending $3 on an app or even installing ANY third-party app
    -The camera works flawlessly
    -NOT HAVING TO USE A STOLEN/NOT SUPPORTED OS TO MAKE THE PHONE WORK DECENTLY

Get a damn clue you moron. .75 (the ONLY official OS for the 9530 is CRAP.
    You don't like it, get an iPhone or go back to some other device. Just quit wasting everyone's time whining about something that you have the power to change. PERIOD
    03-08-09 07:48 PM
    Two things to note: RIMs general counsel admitted this week to taping employees phone calls made on company time. This would make me concerned if not paranoid already about leaking or discussing anything. Second, .109 is pretty good and if there was a wink, wink agreement that early builds sucked and they needed to make beta changes "leak" that agreement has been revoked. Total guess on the second but the first point is true.

03-08-09 11:20 PM
    I think from a newby perspective, is that these leaks are good for the company. Imagine the wide variety of testers on different builds of the Storm. They could not get a better beta testing than us. In house testing would obviously be limited to the phones they have compared to the 1 million Storm out here. We complain, that only means that there still something that they need to fix. We show how happy we are, they see that they almost hit the spot in that area.

This is a little bit from experience with another company I used to work for. We don't take negative remarks personal and take it out on our consumers and lock em out of beta leaks.
    03-09-09 06:34 AM
    Why are you peeps complaining about leaks etc.????

At least the phone works good and you can call/sms/mms/email etc...

Personally i think that this thread should be shutdown. Because i don't care about leaks etc...

My Storm works great i just did a few modifications with the logbook and remiving some apps and voila stuff works great!

So regarding to this whole thing is :
    BE SATISFIED!!!!

Be happy that you don't have an 80's phone in your pocket (if that would fit these days lol)
    03-09-09 06:40 AM
    Exactly....another useless "where is my leak" thread.

03-09-09 07:08 AM
    Exactly....another useless "where is my leak" thread.

You have obviously not read the thread. lol
    03-09-09 07:32 AM
    You have obviously not read the thread. lol
    Ya....may have skipped a few posts but still same ole sh!t....where's the leak...its not released because...same ole thing everyone is talking about in rants and raves, storm owners lounge...etc etc etc.

03-09-09 07:38 AM
    and to think I thought it was becasue people wanted to keep their jobs..boy was I silly. I mean no one in the forum ever complains about the Bold or 8900 updates.
    03-09-09 07:40 AM
    I think from a newby perspective, is that these leaks are good for the company. Imagine the wide variety of testers on different builds of the Storm. They could not get a better beta testing than us. In house testing would obviously be limited to the phones they have compared to the 1 million Storm out here. We complain, that only means that there still something that they need to fix. We show how happy we are, they see that they almost hit the spot in that area.

This is a little bit from experience with another company I used to work for. We don't take negative remarks personal and take it out on our consumers and lock em out of beta leaks.

and imagine the wide variety of testers clogging up Verizons etc customer service lines asking "how do I get my browser back?"
    03-09-09 07:44 AM
    yeah if we all stop being meanies we won't hurt rims feelings and he'll come out from under the bed. jeeesh
    03-09-09 07:50 AM
    At least the phone works good and you can call
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but having the luxury and confidence that the highly unstable signal issue which thousands are victim to, dictates that the phone doeas NOT work well. You cannot be guarenteed to make or recieve calls or get a stable data connection which also affects GPS navigations packages.

My signal fluctuates rediculously, but with each leak it is getting more reliable. Bear in mind I am in a 3G hotspot and can see 4 seperate transmitters within 1000 yards of my house.

So if I can get an extra bar with a new leak, that can increase the quality of the handset exponentially.
    Last edited by kriptikchicken; 03-10-09 at 03:02 PM.
    03-10-09 02:55 PM
    When ever a new leak comes out eveyone is so excited and start downloading the leaks after installing new leak to the phone 24hours later ppl start complaining that the leak sux and that they have a lot of issues...Think about it, these are leaks and the GC is almost out(hopefully very soon)...these leaks are being leaked to keep us satisfied for now, until GC and if we keep complaing there is not going to be any more leaks.... so if there is a problem then downgrade back to the leaked os that worked for you for the time being....like what CX, Radio, and Sith are updating us with informations is a lot of help... just a lil bit of information is good enough for me. knowing that we are so close to the GC... so all those complainers out there just chill....thats y we havent gotten a leak and the 8900 and the 9000 did...
    We stopped getting leaks cause they stopped programming on the OS, there will be no more.
    03-10-09 03:12 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD