Uh...It's Monday of the release week and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do.

My Palm is on it's last leg, I got the VIP card, and I'm eligible for my NE2. So, I'm getting a Storm when they come out, no questions there.

But, do I order one via Telesales and have it Saturday morning/early afternoon or pick one up at my Verizon store across the street?

I have to work that day so, going into the store means taking time off from work, waiting in line (possibly), no guarantee of getting one (but a pretty good chance I will).

Saturday delivery means no headaches, no making excuses to leave work for a couple of hours, and a guarantee that I have one.

Is it really worth the headache to get the device 28 hours earlier...considering I'm going to have this device for a few years (based on how long I've kept previous phones/PDA's)?
    11-17-08 03:01 PM
    UH - I went with Telesales - Monday delivery. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush - and, I don't do good waiting in line! LOL
    11-17-08 03:03 PM
    I am going out of town on Friday and I am planning on ordering from telesales. Even if I wasn't it isn't worth the hassle of driving to a store to get it a few hours earlier. My AT&T 8830 broke at the charging port so I have been using a Motorola F3 for about 2 weeks now. It's a REALLY basic phone so I can use the Storm ASAP. I have been speakiing to a telesales rep for a few weeks regarding my switch from AT&T to VZW and he has been very good about keeping me updated on the Storm release so I feel I owe him the sale. I really doubt these are going to sell out but in a smaller market maybe.
    11-17-08 03:07 PM
    Look, I think you better off with DuLac. Unless you live in the area with couple stores. Any way he promised to file all order at 6am, before mass starts so that everybody gets their by next day.
    11-17-08 03:15 PM
    I can't wait. I am going to the store on Friday morning to pick mine up (the wife's too). I have BES at work so if I wait until Saturday to get it in the mail then I have to wait until Monday to get my email activated.
    11-17-08 03:17 PM
    its a give and take.. to be honest if this is really a thought just do telesales if you have waited for any length of time whats 28 more hours =)
    11-17-08 03:17 PM
    Uh...It's Monday of the release week and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do.

My Palm is on it's last leg, I got the VIP card, and I'm eligible for my NE2. So, I'm getting a Storm when they come out, no questions there.

But, do I order one via Telesales and have it Saturday morning/early afternoon or pick one up at my Verizon store across the street?

I have to work that day so, going into the store means taking time off from work, waiting in line (possibly), no guarantee of getting one (but a pretty good chance I will).

Saturday delivery means no headaches, no making excuses to leave work for a couple of hours, and a guarantee that I have one.

Is it really worth the headache to get the device 28 hours earlier...considering I'm going to have this device for a few years (based on how long I've kept previous phones/PDA's)?
    Try calling the number on the VIP flyer, like today. I did and they told me if I was willing to order from them via phone they would have discounts that the VZ stores are not eligible to give. The only thing she couldn't tell me was how mucht the discount would be. She added me to a list, they are calling me on Friday to get my order. The only thing I don't like is she told me it would be 7-10 days before I get the phone. I am going to call back to see if I can get the VIP free 2 day shipping.
    11-17-08 03:21 PM
    I ordered via telesales, so I'll get it Monday or Tuesday in the mail. No fuss, no potentially crowded stores. If I wanted to spring for the $20 for overnight, I could get it Saturday.

I've been waiting months for this phone, another few days makes little to no difference to me. I'll have it to play with over Thanksgiving. On the other hand, my *time* is rather precious, and this saves me a lot of time, and potentially a lot of aggravation.

I'm far more concerned about not getting the phone at all because the store is out of stock, as opposed to getting it a few days earlier or later. Whether it's likely or not is hard to say. With telesales, I know I'm getting one (unless telesales runs out, which I would think is a lot less likely.)

I completely understand the desire to camp out and make sure you get the phone right away. But the biggest reason for doing that is the fear that the store might not have enough phones for everyone. By ordering through telesales, you're almost elliminating that risk, albeit at a cost of a delay of a day or three. For me, that's a good trade-off.

Mike
    11-17-08 03:23 PM
    The only thing I don't like is she told me it would be 7-10 days before I get the phone. I am going to call back to see if I can get the VIP free 2 day shipping.
    7-10 days??!?! Wow, yeah, that's a whole different thing!

I don't even mind paying the shipping premium for Next Day Air Saturday Delivery. I might be willing to wait a day...but no more.
    11-17-08 03:25 PM
    VIP 2 day shipping= Overnight shipping. Dont make it sound like only certain people can get it. Its available to all.
    11-17-08 03:34 PM
    I wasn't trying to make it out to be a VIP thing, but it is free for VIP. Not everyone gets free overnight shipping.
    11-17-08 03:37 PM
    How much is overnight shipping if we're not a VIP?

And pardon my ignorance (I've only ever bought a phone in-store), is telesales just calling customer service?

What are the thoughts on online purchasing?
    11-17-08 03:39 PM
    Overnight is $16.88 Non "vip"
    11-17-08 03:41 PM
    Overnight is $16.88 Non "vip"
    Overnight free - non-VIP. This what my cs person gave me .... Gues we will know everything Friday morning!
    11-17-08 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD