Ok, friend of mine thats an indirect Verizon rep told me they just got informed that thousands of Storms were held back from releasing due to software issues. I told him that's rediculous and that the consumers were able to load new software OTA or over the computer if it is needed. Does this seem realistic of them doing that? He, as a retail agent, aren't getting them in stock cause of this. I personally do not believe this. Any positive feedback?
    11-19-08 05:57 PM
    The beggining of delays!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 05:58 PM
    It may be realistic if this is due to them not being able to get the most up to date version onto several phones . . otherwise if they were holding back for software it would be the whole kitten kaboodle
    11-19-08 05:59 PM
    maybe they made that up because they arent getting a supply yet and they want to keep you from buying elsewhere?
    11-19-08 06:00 PM
    I was waiting for someone else to post this. I got a call from my VZW store rep today. I was one of the stores who was working from appointments and she called to cancel mine. Of couse I said WTF!?! She said there will be very limited stock as there were glitches in the software and it will now be first come first serve. The rest will be ordered. No specific date on delivery. I asked if the Storms that were sold will have the new upgraded software and she said yes. So....

1. She's full of sh*t OR
    2. The phone is still f*cked up and rushed out OR
    3. Both
    11-19-08 06:02 PM
    I went by my Verizon store today. I was happy to see that my friend is 2nd on the list and I am 3rd. They said that they are doing it first come first serve by the list. He said that new customers were priority. I guess they want new peeps here. Anyway I got a call later from him and he said that they will only be getting 6-11 phones in on Friday. He did not say anything about software glitches. They are opening at 7am and he said if we were there by 6:30ish we could get one. So I will be there no later than 6 as he said he was getting there at 6:30. The other store I had talked too said that they were getting anywhere from 10-20 phones and I was like 25th on the list. Crazy stuff...
    11-19-08 06:08 PM
    Perhaps they are busy gluing buttons back on!
    11-19-08 06:21 PM
    An entire OS OTA?? LMFAO!!!
    11-19-08 06:27 PM
    Well, it'll be the diff if it will be available. And you can select the components you want to upgrade I believe.
    11-19-08 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD