... it MUST be, just not available currently with a menu option; I noticed if you delete an application you are asked to restart the phone (with a button click) for the app removal to be complete. Upon pushing the screen button, you don't just get a quick verizon logo and a screen refresh, you get the whole "blank screen-hourglass-blank screen long startup" sequence, just as if you pulled the battery.

Hopefully a future OS will include an option to do this. I haven't discovered the difference between "power off" and "full power off" upon shutting the phone down via screen clicks, but niether do the same as a battery pull.
    02-07-09 06:03 AM
    People have been using a couple of apps that simulate the process described. I use QuickPull. I think SoftReset is the other one.
    02-07-09 06:09 AM
    Yes, this would be nice if they integrate it into the OS in a future release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 07:12 AM

02-07-09 07:13 AM

Its a free download anyway, so why not just download it and install it? Why wait for an OS integration?
    02-07-09 07:42 AM
    Yes, I agree.

But then again, by doing so RIM probably realizes that they'd be tacitly acknowledging that occasional hard reboots are in fact necessary (and normal) to fix deficiencies in their O/S, particularly their, IMO, lousy memory management.
    02-07-09 08:05 AM
    What I have found to be a very easy way to restart your storm without pulling the battery is this...
    Since I hated pulling the battery out everytime I needed to do a reset especially since I have a case for my storm, I decided to give "SoftReset" and "QuickPull" apps a try. Needless to say they do not work but I realized you can still get QuickPull to work for you, just not the way it's indended. First Download QuickPull and keep on your phone. Next bookmark the Download page in your browser so it's always easily accessible. Now anytime you need to do a reset, just download it again, you will get a message saying that it's already installed and would you like to reinstall it, say yes. At that point it will instruct you to reboot to complete the install. Wala, that's it. Until someone develops an app that works, this trick works great.
    02-07-09 09:06 AM
    What I have found to be a very easy way to restart your storm without pulling the battery is this...
    Since I hated pulling the battery out everytime I needed to do a reset especially since I have a case for my storm, I decided to give "SoftReset" and "QuickPull" apps a try. Needless to say they do not work but I realized you can still get QuickPull to work for you, just not the way it's indended. First Download QuickPull and keep on your phone. Next bookmark the Download page in your browser so it's always easily accessible. Now anytime you need to do a reset, just download it again, you will get a message saying that it's already installed and would you like to reinstall it, say yes. At that point it will instruct you to reboot to complete the install. Wala, that's it. Until someone develops an app that works, this trick works great.
    Quickpull works just fine for me...
    02-07-09 09:10 AM
    Works great for me to!!!

02-07-09 09:14 AM
    Works just fine on mine as well, alittle hard to scroll thru the choices but works they way it is intended to.
    02-07-09 09:17 AM
    Sorry if I ruin your first post but you're wrong...Quick pull does work. You probably didn't disable compatibility mode.

Works just fine on mine as well, alittle hard to scroll thru the choices but works they way it is intended to.
    If you disable the compatibility it works without scrolling.
    Last edited by mikeg86; 02-07-09 at 09:30 AM.
    02-07-09 09:22 AM
    I am currently using Quick Pull. However, it is just a program (a very useful program) but it is NOT totally equivalent to a 1 minute battery pull. Sometimes things do get bad and a lockup or what hits you and a real battery pull is needed.

Happened to me with Windows Vista Business one time back in '07. Seriously, bad and semi-bad things happen to PCs too and they must be rebooted !

Doctor Neutron
    02-07-09 09:28 AM
    Quickpull and soft reset both work fine here
    02-07-09 09:30 AM
    I couldn't get to work for a while too. Then I found a post sayingyou need tovset your email wizard app to full allow unit permissions in the application options.

02-07-09 09:31 AM
    I am currently using Quick Pull. However, it is just a program (a very useful program) but it is NOT totally equivalent to a 1 minute battery pull. Sometimes things do get bad and a lockup or what hits you and a real battery pull is needed.

Happened to me with Windows Vista Business one time back in '07. Seriously, bad and semi-bad things happen to PCs too and they must be rebooted !

Doctor Neutron
    Now this is true...Its kinda hard to use quickpull during a freeze up. Although I think quickpull performs the same processes as a battery pull so it is the equivalent..

02-07-09 09:34 AM
    I do have compatibility mode disabled and have always gotten an error message saying that "Something went wrong. Aborting" and will not reboot. I gave it another try. It worked, then I tried again and got the same old "Someting went wrong error message. So apparantly it works for some but not all, but if QuickPull doesn't work, you can still try what I suggested.
    Last edited by kgeig001; 02-07-09 at 09:41 AM.
    02-07-09 09:37 AM
    Its good to have if you have a hard case.

02-07-09 09:38 AM
    or you could just download quickpull or softreset? they work
    02-07-09 09:46 AM
    Running .99
    Been using Quickpull for a while now with no problems.

My phone rebooted a few times with older OS's, but never froze.

It is awesome not having to "de-case" my phone to reboot.
    02-07-09 10:00 AM
    Quickpull works fine for me too, though I've been using it less often since I got .99.

I have it on my Quick Launch menu, which is bound to my left convenience key - and voila!

Quickpull works just fine for me...
    02-07-09 10:25 AM
    I do have compatibility mode disabled and have always gotten an error message saying that "Something went wrong. Aborting" and will not reboot. I gave it another try. It worked, then I tried again and got the same old "Someting went wrong error message. So apparantly it works for some but not all, but if QuickPull doesn't work, you can still try what I suggested.
    You're having serious troubles there. If you've already reinstalled, then I'm at a loss. Mine installed and works smooth as butter. Hit the icon, wait for the reboot screen and it reboots.

Good luck.

02-07-09 11:04 AM
    I'm glad everybody is having no problems with QuickPull...but I have had problems so I posted what I thought would be helpful not expecting to to get all these responses saying how much they love QuickPull and I must just be having serious problems with my Storm. Sorry that's not the case, my storm works great. I'm glad QuickPull seems to work for everybody but me. Just wondering, if QuickPull is so flawless for the storm then why is it listed as "May not be compatable, try at your own risk" on Blackberry Storm Wiki.
    02-07-09 02:22 PM
    I'm glad everybody is having no problems with QuickPull...but I have had problems so I posted what I thought would be helpful not expecting to to get all these responses saying how much they love QuickPull and I must just be having serious problems with my Storm. Sorry that's not the case, my storm works great. I'm glad QuickPull seems to work for everybody but me. Just wondering, if QuickPull is so flawless for the storm then why is it listed as "May not be compatable, try at your own risk" on Blackberry Storm Wiki.
    Let's try again, please listen close. You NEED to toggle compatability mode, get it? The apps work just fine once you LEARN how to install and use them.
    02-07-09 02:52 PM
    Toggle compatability mode? I have used in in both disable and enable, neither works, still get the error. So now what? I don't really care anymore, my storm works fine.
    02-07-09 03:14 PM
    Its really not that hard to open the case and pull out the battery is it? But i agree that a full reset button is needed
    02-07-09 03:26 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD