My box has two full size white stickers, with a yellow dot sticker on the top. Follows BG's report.
    11-21-08 09:36 PM
    Mine had a green sticker, wonder what that means?
    It means they ran out of yellow stickers. Haha.
    11-21-08 09:48 PM
    2 white stickers here

but my storm is pretty speedy after the battery pull
    11-21-08 09:59 PM
    It means they ran out of yellow stickers. Haha.

Lol I was waiting for somebody to reply that
    11-21-08 10:01 PM
    Yeah, BGR is definitely right. Heard it from multiple sources throughout the day, so it's not even a theory in my mind... it's fact. The bigger question is who's to blame?!

That's what I've been trying to figure out all day. I've heard from Verizon people that it's purely RIM's fault, and from RIM people that it's Verizon's techs that messed up and caught the hiccups so late in the game.

I'm guessing it's a bit of both... am curious to know who's getting fired where.

It sucks, but what it does mean is that other than commenting on the hardware and the UI, we sort of have to wait for the coming OS update to really comment on the actual performance of the hardware and UI working together. It's obvious the OS that got released was not the one that was intended to be released.
    11-21-08 10:05 PM
    Thanks for the reply Kevin.
    I tend to lean towards this being Verizons mess up in all honesty. I just can't see this being RIM's fault. I'm almost willing to bet that Verizon was trying to tweak the OS, setting all their restrictions and screwed somethign up. I would not put it past Verizon one bit. I've been with them for over 8 years, and it would not be the first time I've seem them do something along the lines of this.
    11-21-08 10:12 PM
    ok well mine only has one sticker with the yellow sticker up top...but since we all seem to have .65 anyone know when the upgrade will be available to help our storms live up to their potential????
    11-21-08 10:20 PM
    One white sticker for me
    11-21-08 11:46 PM
    so just alittle thought.....when made the .65 OS for the launch and it was full of bugs... so they delayed the launch (I know nothing offical but it was supposed to be out to us sooner!) to update the OS to fix bugs. Then close to launch someone found a security flaw in the new os... so they quickly reflashed to the old os.

hahaha see they should of just sold it sooner. =)
    11-22-08 12:11 AM
    well the pealed stickers are good for the rebates. cause you can remain official and still get ur rebate. and still take it back lol. thats a good thing. they never thought of that did they??
    11-22-08 01:42 AM
    Peeled back the label and... Ver 4.7.0.86
    11-22-08 04:24 AM
    Thanks for the reply Kevin.
    I tend to lean towards this being Verizons mess up in all honesty. I just can't see this being RIM's fault. I'm almost willing to bet that Verizon was trying to tweak the OS, setting all their restrictions and screwed something up. I would not put it past Verizon one bit. I've been with them for over 8 years, and it would not be the first time I've seem them do something along the lines of this.
    They always do. Tweak GPS so it works with their crappy VZ Navigator. Add visual voice mail and all the other "special" software that makes them different. The question is WHY when they have an exclusive distribution contract with RIM for the States.

When top dollar is paid for a device, it had better work correctly. IMHO this one doesn't and probably won't for several upgrades.

HH
    11-22-08 08:12 AM
    Eh to be honest I really don't have that many problems with mine. The biggest thing is to make sure all programs except the main 5 are closed unless you are using something. If you keep it with just the main 5 running it runs smooth as butter.
    Yeah I haven't had any problems either. I peeled my box and there was not a sticker underneath it. I don't know what really is going on.
    11-22-08 08:17 AM
    My question is what does this mean for us newbies? Is loading the next OS as hard as loading Windows XP Pro on my laptop? If so, do you think Verizon will do it in house at the tech counter? It took me 4 weeks to get everything working correctly on the laptop!
    11-22-08 10:44 AM
    No it is not hard. There's two ways to do it and they are both fairly easy.
    A) Download the new software to your computer, execute it, then connect your phone to Desktop Manager and it'll upgrade for you.
    B) Do the OTA Wireless Upgrade once it's available.

Simple either way.
    11-22-08 10:48 AM
    Fantastic! Our phones arrive Monday. Wife said she would sleep on the couch next to the front door and I'm going to take the day off. (Like I should have taken on Friday).
    11-22-08 10:55 AM
    I have no problem waiting until the 25th to get a storm as long as it has a better OS then what is loaded on right now.
    11-22-08 10:59 AM
    I have no problem waiting until the 25th to get a storm as long as it has a better OS then what is loaded on right now.
    The OS that is on it is not too bad considering it's a pre release OS version. Had Verizon not quarked the release OS we'd all be sitting in a better position, but like I said, the current version is not too bad.
    11-22-08 11:03 AM
    My buddy pointed that Boygenuis report to me last night. I checked my box and it showed the .82 software label was on there first. I totally understand this. I work for a Wireless company in San Diego and have worked for several manufacturers that are local here and have seen this many times.

When the device goes to technical acceptance, Verizon or sprint will take something contingent upon a fix. If the bug is not something that is "showstopper", they will typically roll back to an older version that didn't have it and work on a fix that is pushed to the vendor ASAP. It just sucks that this had to happen to a phone I wanted. I'll be waiting patiently (hopefully) for them to send out an updated version.
    11-22-08 11:21 AM
    I have to agree, If it means a better working phone. then I can wait.
    11-22-08 02:21 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD