...but I was told to get the pre-applied Verizon screen protector off the device before I begin the application.

How do I do this safely?

At least I think there is one on the device. When you turn the device so you can see across the flat screen, there is a grid pattern on the screen of little dots and lines. I've seen those on other screen protectors, and I can only assume that they are part of a protector and not on the actual screen. I also hope this because there are a few little scratches that I hope I can remove just by taking the Verizon protector off.

So,

1 - How do I get it off safely?
    2 - Any advice for applying Phantom Skinz? Like which parts to do first, how to fill the gap between the screen and the edge so no liquid comes in?
    12-04-08 12:14 AM
    let me know how it goes..just ordered my full body kit tonight.

I believe the grid is actually on the phone. I just took off my VZW screen protector (due to the scratch-proof video lol) and I still see them.
    12-04-08 12:19 AM
    Ok, what is with this phantom skin sh&t already?? Is it complete body armor for my phone?? Damn I've seen a million threads talking about phantom skin....crap better bring me money! lol
    12-04-08 12:27 AM
    Well I just got both my phantom skinz today. I dont have my storm yet though maybe next week or when Telus decides to release it lol!! good luck on installing it I would remove the protector if i were you. Are you gonna do a video? send me a pm once you finished i wanna see if it was easy.

Pholey22: phantom skinz is similar to GA & IS here is a link they have them 2 for 24.95 right now and no shipping and i got mine in Canada in 3 days so that's super

Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Accessories & Screen Covers | PhantomSkinz.com
    12-04-08 01:32 AM
    Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

BTW, sarfraz, how do you not have your storm yet?? I remember you being a poster well before the Storm was released. Dude, you're gonna love it! Best advice, be patient and learn...
    12-04-08 01:41 AM
    Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

BTW, sarfraz, how do you not have your storm yet?? I remember you being a poster well before the Storm was released. Dude, you're gonna love it! Best advice, be patient and learn...
    Telus in Canada hasn't released the Storm yet.
    12-04-08 01:51 AM
    My bad, didn't realize he was with Telus. Love thy Storm!
    12-04-08 01:53 AM
    My bad, didn't realize he was with Telus. Love thy Storm!
    I believe Sarfraz is a chick....Ahem...
    12-04-08 11:18 PM
    ...but I was told to get the pre-applied Verizon screen protector off the device before I begin the application.

How do I do this safely?

At least I think there is one on the device. When you turn the device so you can see across the flat screen, there is a grid pattern on the screen of little dots and lines. I've seen those on other screen protectors, and I can only assume that they are part of a protector and not on the actual screen. I also hope this because there are a few little scratches that I hope I can remove just by taking the Verizon protector off.

So,

2 - Any advice for applying Phantom Skinz? Like which parts to do first, how to fill the gap between the screen and the edge so no liquid comes in?
    You only have a screen protector on there if you put one on there. The grid pattern is the touch technology, no way of getting that off. If you look close at one of the corners, you will be able to tell if there is an additional layer on the screen.

TAKE YOU TIME. Maybe do the battery door first. The screen is easiest, but not for a first timer, I got a little spooked when I first did it. Took the thing off and put it back on several times. GO SLOW. No need to rush it. Be patient and you will be a pro. Put some folded paper in the cracks to catch the excess water from going into the phone.
    12-04-08 11:28 PM
    You only have a screen protector on there if you put one on there. The grid pattern is the touch technology, no way of getting that off. If you look close at one of the corners, you will be able to tell if there is an additional layer on the screen.
    I concur that the grid pattern is part of the screen itself, but I do want to point out that the thing comes with a thin layer of film from the factory already applied, so it's not entirely accurate that you only have a screen protector on there if you put one there. On mine, the plastic film was underneath the sticker explaining what the Blackberry/Menu and Escape keys were. It pretty much covered the entire screen and the edges were flush with the edges of the screen, so definitely look carefully. If you haven't peeled off a plastic film the size of your screen at some point after unboxing your Storm, then you probably still have the factory protector on there.
    12-04-08 11:45 PM

How do I do this safely?

So,

Please see our recent thread for installation help. If you have any further questions regarding installations, please post or PM me directly. Here is a link to the thread........ http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pha...-storm-108766/
    12-06-08 03:36 PM
    i just got my phantom skinz! I have to wait til later tonite to install it so that it will have time to dry while i sleep.
    im so excited =]
    12-11-08 06:48 PM
    I'm gonna order my Phantom Skinz tomorrow, I can't even wait for that! lol. I still haven't gotten my Storm yet, but I want to be sure that I have the PS on hand so that when I do get it I can put it on right away. I don't want anything to happen to it. Sucks though, I originally was going to order my phone tomorrow, but am going to buy a highchair for my son first...Merry X-mas to him! Haha, me not so much. Oh well. Anyways, I won't be ordering the Storm for another 2 or 3 weeks. Crazy, I know! But maybe all the kinks and such will be smoothed out by then.
    12-11-08 08:28 PM
    im getting one soon
    03-23-09 11:03 PM
    i got zagg on my storm right now i just bought the full body kit just now
    03-24-09 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD