I thought I remembered reading about an app that would do this, but I searched and couldn't find it again. Is there an app that will show texts, or at least the first part of a text, on the home screen, without having to go into the text menu? Thanks.
    02-24-09 05:16 PM
    Aerize Alerts will give you a pop up with a preview of the message. The program is about $7 and on the CB store.

Otherwise some Today Themes with Messages on the front support showing parts of messages on the screen.
    02-24-09 05:20 PM
    What exactly do you mean by "Today" Themes. Do you just mean the themes that people are creating and posting?
    02-24-09 05:24 PM
    Yes. A Today them entails having Calendar, Messages, and sometimes Phone log displayable on the front screen.
    02-24-09 05:28 PM
    if you go into your themes menu there is one that shows your call log and messages and a few other things also (they are just a preview of your message and missed calls)
    02-24-09 05:28 PM
    if you go into your themes menu there is one that shows your call log and messages and a few other things also (they are just a preview of your message and missed calls)
    The only themes in my themes menu (options > Themes) are the 2 that I have downloaded from this site, and the one that came on the storm called "Precision Zen"
    02-24-09 05:30 PM
    o sorry i didnt see that you had a Storm on my BB 8330 i have about 5 factory themes...im not sure if u are able to download it...but it is kinda handy but i stopped using that theme bc it wouldnt update the preview on new messages
    02-24-09 05:35 PM
    i found this in a diffrent thread hope this helps..the name of the post is...Default Zen with Hidden Today

At the request of a couple people in this thread, I'm posting this theme I created. It's just the default theme with the hidden today feature enabled. I'm sure many of these have been posted, but here it is anyway.

The OTA is up (thanks motiond!!). You can download the theme OTA here. I'm keeping the desktop files available if that's how you prefer to install themes

Let me know if you have any problems with the OTA link or the theme.

Also, I'll work on a version with just 4 zen icons on the homescreen as requested by someone in this thread.
    Attached Thumbnails
    default-zen-hidden-today-homescreen.jpg
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip Default with Hidden Today.zip (196.0 KB, 28 views)
    02-24-09 07:14 PM
    There doesn't appear to be an OTA link where you meant there to be one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 07:49 PM
    go over to the storm themes subforum. you will find more than enough information and OTA options for whatever theme you might be looking for. you will not find themes or much theme information in this subforum.
    02-24-09 07:57 PM
    i just copy and pasted it from another post to show you ....just search (in search forums) for "Default Zen with Hidden Today" and the original post will come up
    02-24-09 07:59 PM
    i know the appleberry does.
    02-24-09 07:59 PM
    I downloaded this theme and it's nice but I can't figure out what the whole hidden today thing is all about. Can this theme actually show a text on the home screen?

02-25-09 04:11 AM
    I downloaded this theme and it's nice but I can't figure out what the whole hidden today thing is all about. Can this theme actually show a text on the home screen?

Hidden will show messages when messages is tapped, same with calendar.

But you have to have a new message, if you open the inbox, even without reading it, it will dissappear.
    02-25-09 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD