I recently had my S2 replaced because due to hte screen issues on the pre-february models. Now when i use the BDM to import the contacts, i get an error saying they are read only. I've checked the file properties and security priviledges for the backup file and don't see anything wrong, they're not set for read only or have any security enabled. I've tried a previous backup version from a few months ago and got the same error...

Any ideas how I can get my contacts back?
    05-19-10 08:26 PM
    i had this problem too when i replaced my s2. Restore your contacts using VZW backup assistant. That's what saved me.
    05-19-10 09:12 PM
    i had this problem too when i replaced my s2. Restore your contacts using VZW backup assistant. That's what saved me.
    Tried doing that, it wouldn't import the IPD file from BDM. I downloaded a couple programs to convert to vCard and CVS format but the backup assistant couldn't import those either.

I did find a program so i can view my contacts and add them in by hand if nothing else works but that's going to take hours...

Anything else i can try?
    05-20-10 09:29 AM
    no other ideas?
    05-21-10 09:52 AM
    Do you use google sync or gmail sync at all?
    05-21-10 12:30 PM
    This may not help now but I do backups of all my contacts (and apps for some) on different programs, Desktop manager, bbsak, Verizon backup assistant and the beta program called Data Backup. I know it's overkill but I lost my contacts once before and I had them duplicated twice so now I have solid backups just in case. With data backup, it's similar to Verizon's backup assistant because you can do it OTA
    05-21-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD