I really like the new format! Kudos for making things clearer/cleaner.
    12-24-08 06:20 PM
    Thanks Kevin for making our lives easier. This will greatly help!
    12-24-08 09:19 PM
    Thank god someone did this - holy crap lol
    12-24-08 09:22 PM
    nice.......really nice!
    12-24-08 11:00 PM
    Phewww .. great start. I hope this helps, I just love CB!
    12-25-08 01:56 AM
    Aww, I bought mine yesterday after they all sold out! lol
    oh well.
    12-25-08 06:58 PM
    Gosh, I was just thinking that this what the forum needed!! GMTA!!!

I wonder if it would help to have a "How do I . . ." type of sub forum. This would be for usability questions. That way if we need to know how to do something, we can scan the list of topics. And newbies won't have to wade through these as we likely don't have answers. But hopefully the experienced users will be able to easily see where their help is needed without going through all the threads.

Thanks so much to the admins and mods for the work you do to keep the forum a pleasant and safe place for us!
    12-25-08 07:40 PM
    great idea, thanks, Kevin.
    12-26-08 10:18 AM
    Good call. Should make it quite a bit easier to find the info we're all looking for without all the BS
    12-26-08 02:21 PM
    Fantastic idea. Guess with all the new Blackberry owners it was a needed change. I am amaized by the attention paid to the admin of this site. Kevin, you are a Great Administrator! Thanks for a Great site. I am loving it here more and more. Being a member of this community is a great perk to being a Blackberry owner. Thanks.
    12-27-08 07:41 AM
    Fantastic idea. Guess with all the new Blackberry owners it was a needed change. I am amaized by the attention paid to the admin of this site. Kevin, you are a Great Administrator! Thanks for a Great site. I am loving it here more and more. Being a member of this community is a great perk to being a Blackberry owner. Thanks.
    It is indeed a great forum... just wish those who are sarcastic and smart alecky would either change their ways or leave. Sorry, but I am so tired of reading mean-spirited remarks.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."Maya Angelou

There are real people behind the posts. It hurts to be ridiculed.
    12-27-08 09:46 AM
    Can we get a 9500 sub forum pretty please? all the 9530 posts are drowing everyone else out
    12-28-08 07:34 AM
    It is a great idea, I am a newbie but have been coming in and reading the post for a few months prior to my Storm and I have learned quite a bit here, with a lot more to do and hopefully soon be able to help others out as well.
    12-28-08 05:51 PM
    Storm FAQ Forum. Yeah, that might be good for sure.

The main forum should be for general "advice/help/etc", but an FAQ could be solid.

Only issue is that the main forum does have an FAQ forum, so new to BB Storm owners should be checking that out.

But we could do a Storm specific FAQ as well.
    I would love to see this. No reason a well written and detailed FAQ couldn't replace the "popular Blackberry threads" sticky.

A lot of people don't think to check the Newbie and the other forum, they just come to the forum with the model of their phone.
    12-28-08 07:27 PM
    It is indeed a great forum... just wish those who are sarcastic and smart alecky would either change their ways or leave. Sorry, but I am so tired of reading mean-spirited remarks.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."Maya Angelou

There are real people behind the posts. It hurts to be ridiculed.
    Amazing how cRude ppl can be, isn't it? I subscribe to other forums for various topics and you see it in all of them. I guess hiding behind a keyboard and firewall somehow increases some folks "bravery"... because were in it person it could become "stupidity".

Anyhow, great idea, Kevin... and some of the suggestions here are great as well. I've spent many an hour sifting through the threads looking for answers among the various inquiries and ranting of the noobs only to give up, then *usually* find my answer completely at random some time/days later. Bottom line, however, crackberry F'n rocks and always will with the guys running it! Kudos!
    12-28-08 10:44 PM
    Hoozy mama!
    12-29-08 12:32 AM
    great idea!!!!!
    12-30-08 03:53 PM
    Excellent idea. Seems like the forums just keep growing and growing.....
    01-07-09 08:59 PM
    at first i thought this was a stupid idea. but i now see the benefit of it. it is easier to find certain things that im looking for to read up on.

HOWEVER, some of the moving of topics i've seen is a little suspect. mainly when it comes to things that end up becoming part of the rants and raves sub-forum. i really don't see how someone trying to figure out an issue they are having as a rant or a rave. to me a rant is someone complaining about something in general. and a rave being something that a person is just very pleased with.

trying to troubleshoot a problem with the assistance of the community however doesn't fall under the scope of either of these.

for example the topic titled "holster killing my battery" isnt a rant more so user trying to find out why the holster is having a reverse effect on his battery life. he's not saying "oh this holster is crap blah blah blah" and not looking for help, he's trying to find out why.

just my 2 cents on the way some threads are being moved.
    01-08-09 10:14 PM
    Well played

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks Kevin M
    01-18-09 01:55 PM
    hey guys m really new in the blackberry field... so m planning to buy a new storm.... will u guys help me.... m not finding the 3rd party link for themes games and applications for this phn
    01-24-09 10:57 AM
    Well done Kevin. I manage discussion posts in my online classes. This is an excellent and insightful start.
    01-27-09 09:54 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD