01-01-09 09:44 AM
217 12345 ...
tools
    Lol, I mean, I know wether or not it has it. I just wanted it posted so other members could see. Thanks..
    09-23-08 06:56 AM
    I saw that too! I see 3.2, flash.

Here is what I got (Sorry if its a little unclear, but you should still be able to make out the word flash.)

Ha, you beat me to it
    09-23-08 06:56 AM
    Yours is much more clear. I am beginning to think Kevin B was wrong on JUST that one aspect. Because, honestly, I don't see how all the other high end consumer blackberries have flashes and this one just wouldn't. I hate my Voyager's camera just for the lack of flash and loved the flash on the Curve and Pearl.
    09-23-08 07:00 AM
    Yours is much more clear. I beginning to think Kevin B was wrong on JUST that one aspect. Because, honestly, I don't see how all the other high end consumer blackberries have flashes and this one just wouldn't. I hate my Voyager's camera just for the lack of flash and loved the flash on the Curve and Pearl.
    Unless the 9500 is different than the 9530
    09-23-08 07:01 AM
    Unless the 9500 is different than the 9530
    Could be, although I can not see what justification they would have for differentiating two phones by a camera flash or lack thereof.
    09-23-08 07:04 AM
    Maybe we can ask Mike (the guy who received the pics)
    He blew up the pic of the phone, maybe he can show us the specs too..?
    I'm just hoping.
    09-23-08 07:08 AM
    Michael says that it DOES say flash.
    09-23-08 07:27 AM
    I'm on the fence about the specs...I'd like to see Processor Speed, I also expected more memory...

The flash thing is interesting...if indeed the specs for the 9500 show a flash I have NO IDEA why the 9530 would be that much different, doesn't make sense...unless the extra CDMA radios take up that space...I suppose thats possible.

I want to see more...and printed on paper. No disrespect to Kevin, he has been a valuable source of information...just looking for something else...can't be too careful
    09-23-08 07:28 AM
    YAY! One less thing to worry about. I'm glad we have that cleared up.
    09-23-08 07:34 AM
    YAY! One less thing to worry about. I'm glad we have that cleared up.
    That just confirms the 9500 has a flash, still doesn't say anything about the info from Kevin Byrne on the 9530
    09-23-08 07:37 AM
    That just confirms the 9500 has a flash, still doesn't say anything about the info from Kevin Byrne on the 9530
    I don't know man. I just cant see that one would have flash and one wouldn't. Just doesn't make sense.
    09-23-08 07:42 AM
    looks like I'll be waiting for the 9500 because having to pay for GPS through verizon is a no no for me. (possibly other options missing...flash...because verizon cheaped out on them)

wonder if the vodaphone will be unlockable...?

wifi would have been nice just for those times I'm at the coffee shop or out of the country but no real loss for me since I use a treo atm.
    09-23-08 07:43 AM
    Has a 9530 Designation ever been confirmed for verizon...are we sure two phones even exsist...if you look at the specs for the "9530" isn't that all 4 of the GSM bands...meaning that the verizon phone would work on the US GSM networks...

Also looking at the picture on blackberry news I can't seem to read the network part clearly...but I swear I see CDMA Network support on the right side...listing the 1900/800 bands...

EDIT: I guess the 9530 designation has been confirmed...but is there any reason the specs for the 9500 couldn't be specs for the line of the phone...verizon just keeping the 30 designation for consistancy

EDIT 2: If you look at the blown up part of the picture highlighting the phone...look just below the watermark you can see the first letter is a C...then if you look a the big picture you know those last two bullet points are network support.

My guess is thats the RIM document for the 9500 Line of phones and that the specs are EXACTLY the same for both phones especially with Kevin saying the Verizon version will have all four GSM bands
    Last edited by phikai; 09-23-08 at 07:54 AM.
    09-23-08 07:44 AM
    Come on, no WiFi? WiFi is a must for me and my little/no coverage of Verizon at home. I'm super disappointed.
    09-23-08 08:15 AM
    Yeah, but he's talking about the 9500 model, not the 9530, right?
    09-23-08 08:20 AM
    Also looking at the picture on blackberry news I can't seem to read the network part clearly...but I swear I see CDMA Network support on the right side...listing the 1900/800 bands...
    I will agree with you that it says CDMA on that box.
    09-23-08 08:23 AM
    Yeah, but he's talking about the 9500 model, not the 9530, right?
    Once again, we're just saying how it doesn't really make sense that a difference between a GSM model and the CDMA model would be camera flash...
    Seems kind of ridiculous to see RIM engineers or whatever saying... "hmm on the GSM one we could probably fit it with a camera flash, but NO! NEVER ON THE CDMA ONE! THAT'S TOO MUCH!"
    09-23-08 08:26 AM
    Has a 9530 Designation ever been confirmed for verizon...are we sure two phones even exsist...if you look at the specs for the "9530" isn't that all 4 of the GSM bands...meaning that the verizon phone would work on the US GSM networks...

EDIT: I guess the 9530 designation has been confirmed...but is there any reason the specs for the 9500 couldn't be specs for the line of the phone...verizon just keeping the 30 designation for consistancy

EDIT 2: If you look at the blown up part of the picture highlighting the phone...look just below the watermark you can see the first letter is a C...then if you look a the big picture you know those last two bullet points are network support.

My guess is thats the RIM document for the 9500 Line of phones and that the specs are EXACTLY the same for both phones especially with Kevin saying the Verizon version will have all four GSM bands

I agree it appears to say CDMA Network Support.
    09-23-08 08:28 AM
    If it's for Vodaphone and their primary US carry is VZW it would make all the sense in the world for them to have CDMA in that phone. They don't want you not using their US subsidiary while in the US.
    09-23-08 08:28 AM
    What is the thrird type of keyboard they are talking about on the package? QWERTY, Suretype, and ...?
    09-23-08 08:37 AM
    Yep, 10th dot says cdma network support, 11th dot says gsm network support. So you can't say it's gsm only.
    Conclusion...the 9500 and 9530 are identical???
    I don't see any difference at all.

So basically I should be able to buy and unlock the VZ Storm and use it here in Europe (cheaper because of the decreased $ value) , correct?

It looks like the only difference is the model number and which carrier they're locked to.
    09-23-08 08:39 AM
    I'm thinking there is one 95xx Series phone being manufactured with identical hardware...Possibly using the GOBI Chip as it would be carrier programmable...and the carriers get the phone program the radios they need and call it a day

the 9500, 9530, 95xx would just be carrier specific designations for consistency in their respective blackberry lines
    09-23-08 08:42 AM
    a couple of observations -- 1. that is not a picture of a box. it's a picture of a spec sheet, which leads to observation 2. that could indeed be a spec sheet for the 9500SERIES phones.
    09-23-08 08:43 AM
    Shouldn't we get more info tomorrow?????
    09-23-08 08:45 AM
    Wow, what a let down. I mean, it's fine for an iPhone competitor, but I was expecting much more from RIM, namely a VGA screen and flash support... I guess I'm not going to purchase this right away after all... I'll wait for the HTC Touch Pro release to see how badly it's been gimped by Verizon... Not that the Storm won't end up the better device, but it's definately not the landslide it could have been.

*And I know the touch pro isn't in the same class as the Storm, but they would both fit my needs.*
    Agreed except the HTC part. also, the touch screen is fine and dandy but it should not replace the trackball! Why couldn't they leave the trackball and then also have the touchscreen? They could have made the phone size bigger to accomodate trackball. It is my opinion that EVERY new blackberry should have the trackball then everything else as add on.

I tried the Iphone and voyager touchscreen and I'd still prefer the trackball for the response time!
    09-23-08 09:03 AM
217 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD