In attempt to curb some of the double threads, etc. I thought it might be helpful to have a thread dedicated only to things we know about the Storm/Thunder and it's release.

What we know:

At least initially, the Storm is to be a Verizon exclusive in the USA, possibly going to Telus in Canada. the Thunder is rumored to be headed to Rogers in Canada. no USA carrier is associated with the Thunder at this point. There are differing opinions on the length of the Verizon exclusivity, but it's actual length is not known. **Update: Rumors are floating on the internets that Bell Mobility in Canada may have a 6 month exclusive on the Storm in Canadian markets.

***UPDATE-- FINAL DEVICE SPECS AS LISTED BY KEVIN BYRNE LATER IN THIS THREAD***
    EVDO Rev A: ( 1900/800 MHz)
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    UTMS/HSDPA/HSUPA: 2100MHZ
    Wifi: None

Size: 112.52 x 62.2 x 13.95 mm

Screen 3.25 " HVGA+ 480x360 Multi-touch, Gesture Touch

Battery: 1400mAh (removable! take that IPhone!)

Memory: 1GB flash for media/ 192 meg ram

Camera: 3.2 MP camera, vanity mirror, no flash

Audio: 3.5mm jack, bluetooth stereo, Rhapsody OTA purchase and tethered subscription capable

Browser: Every feature the IPhone safari webkit has, minus support for tabs. No flash support.

Both Storm/Thunder assumed to be using the same Qualcomm GOBI chipset.

Visual Voice Mail

More updates will be available to VZW employees each Wednesday

Sku is BB9530T

Verizon Customer Info Page: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JV6JRmlM to sign up for email updates

Will be running Blackberry OS 4.7

Estimated release date is Nov 1, but rumblings have been seen that list as early as Oct 1st or Oct 17.

No pricing has been released; most speculation points to 199 after rebate on 2 year contract.

No concrete evidence exists that GPS will be locked to VZ Navigator only, but some have said that aGPS will be locked to VZ Navigator, with standalone GPS being open to 3rd party applications.

Minute with Mike video Kevin Byrne posted:
    http://mfile.akamai.com/14177/wmv/v...berry_storm.wmv

BrewNinja leaked vid ***THIS IS A POOR REVIEW OF AN EARLY EARLY REVISION DEVICE AND SOFTWARE***
    Viddler.com - BlackBerry Thunder - Uploaded by engadget

9500 ............... 4.40" x 2.41" x 0.54" .... rumored screen size -- 3.25" screen
    Curve ............... 4.20" x 2.40" x 0.60"
    iPhone .............. 4.50" x 2.40" x 0.46"
    iPhone 3G .......... 4.52" x 2.44" x 0.49" .... 3.50" screen
    Dare ................. 4.10" x 2.20" x 0.50" .... 3.00" screen

Items taken from the leaked box pic --

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.e...verizon-box.jpg

8 GB MicroSD Card Pre-installed

SIM Card Pre-installed

1 GB of dedicated internal memory for media.

Stereo Bluetooth

-----
    Vodafone leaked video:

New BlackBerry Storm Video!! | CrackBerry.com

Internal RIM Documents/powerpoint decks, etc

Leaked: More BlackBerry Storm Presentation Details | CrackBerry.com

Leaked: Even More Slides and Info... BlackBerry Apex, WiFi Niagra, Storm Positioning Details and More! | CrackBerry.com

How To Copy & Paste on the BlackBerry Storm | CrackBerry.com

Leaked: BlackBerry Storm User Guide!!! | CrackBerry.com

Exclusive: First Look at the BlackBerry Application Center! | CrackBerry.com

Verizon has indeed started sending out email updates and postcards to consumers. -- some customers are now receiving invitations to exclusive 'first touch' events on Oct 29th.

Please let's not start debating features in this thread. clarifying info, etc is good, but if you would like to question further/debate items listed here (or possible features) please use one of the other threads in this sub forum, in order to keep this thread as clean as possible.

OH... and please be mindful of begging 'insiders' (Crucial Xtreme, etc) for info. those that have seen/and or used the device are under a STRICT NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT and cannot just outright give specifics. if someone chooses to give out clues, that's great, but please keep this in mind when you dont see what you are looking for.
    Last edited by toastyz71; 10-06-08 at 02:53 PM.
    09-22-08 02:07 PM
    Where did that screen size come from? that can't be right. The verizon minute with mike video said something that made me think it would be at least 3.5".
    09-22-08 03:24 PM
    Somebody did some math on one of these threads and it came out to 3.5. Someone else did the same math and it came to 3.25. It's not 100% but gives us a pretty solid idea.
    09-22-08 03:37 PM
    To add to the great information toastyz71 has compiled, here are some pictures we have of the device

Last edited by BigVDawgy; 09-22-08 at 04:02 PM.
    09-22-08 03:54 PM
    I really appreciate your doing this as I was thinking about it myself but just didn't have the motivation to do it.
    09-22-08 03:56 PM
    Somebody did some math on one of these threads and it came out to 3.5. Someone else did the same math and it came to 3.25. It's not 100% but gives us a pretty solid idea.
    I did the math a couple different times (a couple months ago and then again last week to verify) off of a couple of different pictures and got 3.25" based on the stated overall size. It's a 4:3 aspect ratio screen.
    09-22-08 03:59 PM
    Ok after doing some math myself I hrealized that the image that verizon posted on their site is very distorted, the immage is stretched about 15% wider than the actual ratios that have been posted on here.
    09-22-08 04:00 PM
    is the storm/thunder going to be Verizon only?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 04:02 PM
    09-22-08 04:04 PM
    They only allow 4 pictures per post

09-22-08 04:04 PM
    Good work! Now if only newbies will read this before posting the same questions over and over...
    09-22-08 04:07 PM
    Whoa that media player looks SLICK! Haven't seen those pics before!

09-22-08 04:52 PM
    Whoa that media player looks SLICK! Haven't seen those pics before!

It does look really slick! Even though that hasn't been confirmed that those are actual screenshots.

I hope the speakers sound great as well, since they are billing this as a multi-media device.

@Crucial: How do the speakers sound? Have you had a chance to listen to music or watch a movie?

09-22-08 05:06 PM
    I personally wish the headphone jack was on the top or bottom of the phone. It would be a lot easier to slip into my pocket and take a jog.

09-22-08 05:10 PM
    Thanks for the new pics. I'm looking forward to a BB with a camera. I remember some speculation on whether it will have a flash. Looks like it. Can't wait. Keep up the great posts.
    09-22-08 05:44 PM
    It does look really slick! Even though that hasn't been confirmed that those are actual screenshots.

I hope the speakers sound great as well, since they are billing this as a multi-media device.

@Crucial: How do the speakers sound? Have you had a chance to listen to music or watch a movie?

Have you even seen Crucial Xtreme post in this thread?
    09-22-08 06:21 PM
    That would be a big no there good buddy. Jay, toasty is the person behind this thread. No X at the moment.
    09-22-08 06:26 PM
    I think Toasty was just hoping CX would read through and catch that. Dunno if he can say anything about it anyway. But as a multi media device, how many people who are serious about sound use their BBS without headphones? BT or plug in. There's no way the small speaker in a phone is going to produce a rich 5.1 sound or anything. I'll admit I listen to my 8100's speaker but that's because I'm not concerned about the quality. If I'm out for quality I'll use my ipod as I don't have 2.5 headphones (yet).
    09-22-08 06:32 PM
    I think Toasty was just hoping CX would read through and catch that. Dunno if he can say anything about it anyway. But as a multi media device, how many people who are serious about sound use their BBS without headphones? BT or plug in. There's no way the small speaker in a phone is going to produce a rich 5.1 sound or anything. I'll admit I listen to my 8100's speaker but that's because I'm not concerned about the quality. If I'm out for quality I'll use my ipod as I don't have 2.5 headphones (yet).
    you mean Jay was hoping. I agree, but there are other threads for that question. in actuality, yours too. im not trying to offend you, but i'd really like to see this thread stick to info we know or are learning about the storm/thunder. but yeah, i do agree with your assessment of the multimedia aspect of current/former bberries...
    09-22-08 06:37 PM
    Just because Crucial hasn't posted in the thread, doesn't mean he won't come by and read it. Are you a little scared that he may take over your thread? Do you want some credit for starting this thread? I guess you want to feel a little bit important???

EDIT - Erased initial sentence because it was childish. I apologize toastyz. After all this is your thread and this is just a phone!!!!
    Last edited by jaymojones; 09-22-08 at 08:07 PM.
    09-22-08 07:53 PM
    No you dumb A$$! Just because Crucial hasn't posted in the thread, doesn't mean he won't come by and read it. Are you a little scared that he may take over your thread? Do you want some credit for starting this thread? I guess you want to feel a little bit important???
    Wow. Ouch.

No need to name call. Sheesh.

09-22-08 07:57 PM

That is exactly what I was hoping for. Being that I have been fortunate to test/trial a few Nokia Nseries and Eseries phones and the wonderful sound that they do produce as a phone, I was curious as to since RIM is billing this as a mulit-media device, how well the sound would be.
    09-22-08 07:57 PM
    i'd really like to see this thread stick to info we know or are learning about the storm/thunder.

How will you learn about a device if you don't ask the one person who has seen and played with the device. Grow up. I thought this was a public forum. And if my memory serves me correct, I don't recall your initial post saying any of the above!
    Last edited by jaymojones; 09-22-08 at 08:34 PM.
    09-22-08 08:02 PM
    Wow. Ouch.

No need to name call. Sheesh.

You're right...I apologize. It was a little childish
    09-22-08 08:06 PM
    Okay, so, let's get back on topic then. No more name calling or personal attacks for that matter.
    09-22-08 08:12 PM
217 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD